Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Extraordinary surgeon  |  show details
by M. H. on Nov 10th, 2014

Dr. Nagda is a superior surgeon, exemplary bedside manner, exceptionally adept at diagnosis, treatment, and follow up. Dr. Nagda explains every step clearly, offers recommendations, and supports the patient's decision. He patiently listens, offers advice and choice of treatments. Dr. Nagda is kind, thoughtful, and considerate. Highly recommend.

by Janet D. on Sep 27th, 2014

Dr. Nagda and his staff were superb in every way. Knowledgeable, efficient, thorough, prompt, and pleasant. Additionally, I had a superb surgical result, and am feeling great! It was worth the distance traveled, as there are certainly closer physician groups, but I knew Dr. Nagda was the best. I would highly recommend them.

by Jan Freis on Sep 16th, 2014

My search for an orthopedic surgeon began by word of mouth through acquaintances, very well known physical therapists, and medical doctors. One name kept re-surfacing over all others, Dr. Sameer Nagda. He is not only an orthopedic surgeon whose specialty is the shoulder, but also has a very knowledgeable background in sports medicine. I found Dr. Nagda’s bio to be excellent and his affiliation with the Anderson Clinic was very reassuring. As a patient having had re-occurring problems with my shoulder, he was one of the few doctors that had prior experience with my unique condition. Dr. Nagda was able to correct multiple injuries during one surgery and I emerged post op with much less pain than expected. Dr. Nagda is a wonderful and caring person. He is genuinely interested in what your concerns are while answering any and all questions you may have. I live in Northern Virginia and have never have regretted having chosen Dr. Nagda. Please read his bio, so you too, can make an educated decision.

|  New Parts - Shoulders  |  show details
by Ted Cuneo on Sep 8th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Nagda's for almost 2 years now (as of 8 Sep 14). His approach to my health issues have been measure, thorough and in the end; extremely successful. He replaced my left in Oct 2013 and my right in Jun of 2014. After a lifetime of competitive weight lifting, more than 17 seasons of football, 28 yrs of competitive wrestling, 10 yrs of high level rugby and a few automobile wrecks, my shoulders were chronically painful - even when reaching for a glass or merely swinging my arms just walking. 7 prior surgeries to address about a dozen separations and broken collar bones (distal end) made my case especially interesting and challenging. The results - I can't be more pleased with the results. I sincerely appreciate not only Dr. Nagda's skill and expertise, but his willingness to listen to anything I attempted to describe regarding the difficulties I was having. I have and will continue to recommend he and his staff to anyone who is seeking care for joint issues. I would highly recommend Dr. Nagda and his staff - terrific...a great experience from start to finish.

|  Knee Surgery  |  show details
by Jonathan Whitaker on Aug 2nd, 2014

Dr. Nagda performed surgery on my right knee to remove my prepatellar bursa that had been causing me pain for 2 full years. I am more than happy with the result of the surgery as the knee is now 99% pain free.

|  Head Human Resources Branch  |  show details
by Grant Stewart on Jul 2nd, 2014

I initially visited Dr. Nagda in October of 2013 with a shoulder problem that was subsequently diagnosed as a large complete tear of my left rotator cuff. At my initial visit Dr. Nagda spent a considerable amount of time examining my shoulder and discussing what procedure he recommended and the post operative process. Extraordinairly, he also spent some time discussing ordinary things like sport. In other words Dr. Nagda takes a very personal interest in his patients. After my procedure, I had numberous follow-ups and he was very attentive to the physical therapy process. He recommended the physical therapist which was also a very positive experience. My last visit was last week and my shoulder is well on its way to a complete recovery. Dr. Nagda is a great doctor and I highly recommend him. Grant Stewart

|  Amazing and a true proffesional! What a blessing!  |  show details
by David Giraldi on Nov 14th, 2013

The care, service, and surgery I received from Dr Sameer Nagda has been exceptional. Dr Nagda turned my life around. A few years ago my shoulder was so unstable that I thought I would never play any sport again. The only regret I have is not doing the laterjet procedure ten years ago with Dr Nagda. The care and attention he provides to his patients is outstanding. Dr Nagda has improved the lives of many and of many well known atheletes and celebrities. Dr Nagda God Bless you and thank you for your dedication and care to all your patients. Dr Nagda will be the number one shoulder specialist in the world! Amazing! My next fifty will be my best yet!

|  Shoulder Surgery Care  |  show details
by Chris Tolliver on Nov 7th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Nagda for severe shoulder pain that limited my ability to perform most upper body exercises and limited my ability to perform duties associated with my profession. I was pleased that he first referred me to physical therapy rather than wanting to cut. Unfortunately, physical therapy did not help the problem, only helped to confirm the diagnosis of a labrum tear. I had surgery in Feb 2013 and as of this post (Nov 2013) I am back to my normal routine although still working up in weight, frequency, and intensity of work outs. The one thing that stands out about Dr. Nagda is that everything he predicted about my shoulder and everything he said about recovery time, pain, and limitations has been spot-on. I wanted to believe that a guy like me who prides himself on staying fit and exercising could heal faster than Dr. Nagda expected but I didn't. It was just one of those injuries that needs time. If I was ever in the position again to see an orthopedic surgeon I would do everything I could to return to Dr. Nagda.

by Leslie Forsyth on Sep 3rd, 2013

I was happy with every aspect of my care with Dr. Nagda although the Xray technician should have offered protective covering rather than my having to ask for it before Xrays were taken.

|  Shoulder surgery patient  |  show details
by K. Harold on Jul 26th, 2013

I have been through several other surgeries but none have been as thorough and personable as the medical care I received from Dr. Nagda and his staff. I spent more time speaking and laughing with Dr. Nagda throughout my shoulder procedure than all of my other visits with other surgeons combined! At every step of the way I had a detailed understanding of the nature of my injury, the options available, the next steps, and what to expect over the long-haul. Now that I am fully recovered I hope that I NEVER need another shoulder surgery again but if I do, Dr. Nagda is the man to see. I recommend Dr. Nagda very highly!

|  Dr  |  show details
by Christopher Wood on Jun 13th, 2013

I am writing on behalf of my mother Mrs. Patricia Hutchinson and her wonderful experience under the care of Dr. Nagda who saved her shoulder. Dr. Nagda's expertise and dedication saved my mother’s shoulder. This was such a real blessing for her. We are so pleased at the outcome - from being in crippling pain to where she is today, able to use her shoulder to do basic things without crying silently from extreme pain. It was so unsettling for me to see her in such great pain and what a relief I feel after Dr. Nagda's expert care. We can’t thank him enough.

|  Left Shoulder, Rotator Cuff  |  show details
by Yacine Y. A. on May 6th, 2013

I had a complete tear due to a parachuting accident. This was my first operation, ever, and Dr. Nagda made it as smooth and painless as possible. He even was careful to cut around my Eagle, Globe & Anchor tattoo as to not scar it, to which I am very grateful. Due to his expertise, I made good progress throughout my recovery and am back to 100%. His staff provided great support and courteous throughout. I highly recommend to any and all with any shoulder injuries.

by Felicia Beard on May 2nd, 2013

Dr. Nagda performed rotator cuff repair on my left shoulder last fall. He is an excellent surgeon and was very involved in my recovery. The process was lengthy but with his care and that of the physical therapists, I have made a complete recovery with excellent results.

|  Excellent  |  show details
by Todd on Mar 5th, 2013

Dr. Nagda is an excellent surgeon. He did a wonderful job fixing my shoulder and recommend him to anyone with an ortho problem.

|  knee and shoulder treatment  |  show details
by Karen and Enzo on Jan 20th, 2013

one of the best! truly interested in getting us back to an active life. we have been life long athletes and he understands what this means! I had seen other docs who did not give me options for my severely arthritic knees. Doc Nagda came up with solutions that worked for me. Also excellent results in shoulder treatment for my husband - orthoscopic - I will not hesitate to recommend Doc Nagda in his specialty areas. be warned he is busy! you are unlikely to get a quick appointment - BUT worth the wait!

|  Bernie Bennick  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2012

Dr. Nagda was simply great. I could not have had a better surgeon. I had a torn rotator cuff and a torn bicep repaired. Dr. Nagda did an excellent job on my shoulder, prescribed the right medications and gave me clear instructions on my recovery. Dr. Nagda referred me to The Jackson Clinic in Lorton, VA, for my physical therapy. Ken worked wonders and Ryan had me going in a matter of weeks. Six months since surgery and I am lifting weights, throwing a baseball and sleeping without pain. I am glad to have been cared for so well by these men. All professional and caring health care providers.

|  A Doctor with Compassion!  |  show details
Nov 23rd, 2012

Disclaimer, I have a phobia of doctors and usually don't care for them as a whole. I also don't hand out reviews, just because doesn't work for me. So the fact that I am taking time to write this speaks volumes about Dr. Sameer Nagda from the Anderson Orthopedic Clinic (located at 2445 Army Navy Dr Arlington VA 22206).So after years of abusing my body through sports from my early youth through the collegiate level, and then into 10 plus years into the United States Air Force. I was quite successful in damaging my body (both ankles, both knees, lower back, and left shoulder). My left shoulder resulted in the loss of feeling from my shoulder blade to my fingers. After almost 20 years of talking with doctors who could not pin point what was going on with my shoulder, almost all were willing to do exploratory surgery, a friend of mine informed me of a brilliant surgeon who works on shoulders and knees. Dr. Nagda. Dr. Nagda did a thorough check on both my knees and shoulder. He developed a plan of action of what he thought was need to get me back to a point where I could play with my kids as quickly as possible. Every step of the way he was there for my family and me as he had his staff follow up with my wife to make sure that we had everything we needed right up to the day of my shoulder surgery. My surgery with Dr. Nagda was an amazing experience. When I went into the surgery room, the assistant asked me what music I would like to listen to while preparing for surgery she continued to explained the process of what I can expect during and then after the surgery. After that, Dr. Nagda came went over all the details again to ensure that I was comfortable and ready to proceed. The surgery went better than expected for my shoulder, however, during the surgery my wife was notified that my father had passed away. When I came to, Dr. Nagda was sitting over top of me with tears in his eye. I instantly knew that there was something wrong... I recall Dr. Nagda telling me that surgery was most successful and that I would be able to make a speedy recovery.... he informed me that I was ready to be discharged and that my car was right outside (his staff took care of getting everything ready so that we could be discharged immediately. He then told me about my father, I was crushed! Because of the closeness that Dr. Nagda has with his patients, he knew how close I was to my father and that I couldn't stay away from my father. He personally wheeled me out to the car and helped me get as comfortable as I could and ensured that I had enough medication to help deal with the pain that was coming from my shoulder surgery. Because the Doc was already close with my wife and I, we already had Dr. Nagda's cell phone, I can't remember how many times he said to call if we needed anything. I also can't tell you how many times he called my wife and I over the next several weeks while I had to deal with family matters.In time, I was able to get to the physical therapist who worked on my shoulder. My shoulder is doing 1000% better than prior to the surgery. Thank you Dr. Nagda! Also, thank you for the compassion that you have showed my entire family! Dr. Sameer Nagda is the reason that my faith in humanity and doctors have been restore. He IS a great person and a better surgeon!!!Rawland Rickey

|  The Consummate Professional  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2012

Before meeting Dr. Nagda I would have said the 6 surgeries I've had all were done by great surgeons. Since having Dr. Nagda take care of me even though all the other surgeries turned out fine the "great" is actually "good". Dr. Nagda far exceeded my wildest expectations on all levels. His caring, knowledge, attitude and personality are second only to his surgical skill. This has been by far the most comfortable surgical experience I've ever had and being able to walk pain free ain't bad either. I would highly recommend Dr. Nagda.

|  Excellent Excellent Dr.  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2012

Dr. Nagda is one of the most professional and understanding doctor's I've ever seen. He makes your problem real for him and is as careful and precise in everything he does as you'll ever find, in regards to administering shots, evaluations, suggestions, just the whole deal. Personally, without Dr. Nagda's help I would still be suffering from pain that other doctors have just chopped up to unidentifiable diagnosis.

|  Best Ortho. Doc I've met  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2012

Dr. Nagda is very courtesy, honest, & knowledgeable about his craft. He's very hands on & personally follows up w/ me on every step of my recovery. If it weren't for him I'd probably be permanently crippled! I'd recommend him to any & everyone I come in contact w/ in need of a ortho. Doc. Great guy!!!

|  two knee surgeries  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

I was referred to Dr.Nagda by Dr. Wagnor, in 2009 due to my knee pain. After having him as my orthopedic surgeoni came to one conclusion that Dr.Nagda and his office staff are simply the BEST!!I recommend him to all of my friends, and relatives and wish that one day my son ( close to become a Dr) be as caring, professional and expert as Dr. Nagda!!! Thank you for everything you have done for me!!H. Sori

|  Outstanding Surgeon and support staff  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

Had a grat experience with rotator cuff surgery after a motorcycle accident. Dr Nagda was completely thorough and professional, and NOT in a hurry to operate. Attempted therapy and other solutions, operating only when clearly necessary. Great outcome and support from therapists and staff on site at his Anderson Orthopedic Clinic.

Jun 12th, 2012

Dr. Nagda performed arthroscopic surgery on my right knee to repair a torn meniscus. After having the same surgery from a different doctor on my left knee 13 years ago, I was hesitant to have this surgery because it took such a long time (one year) to recover from the last surgery.But I decided to go ahead after Dr. Nagda tried various alternative therapies that turned out to be not adequate. It was such a different experience this time. Very smooth, very little discomfort, and most important extremely fast recovery. I was up walking without a crutch the first day and six weeks later I could do almost any activity I wanted to do. I am 68 years old. Dr. Nagda was great and I would recommend him without reservation.

Jun 12th, 2012

Dr. Nagda is a well-known shoulder replacement and sports medicine specialist in the Washington area. He performed a complete shoulder replacement last fall, and six months later -- after continuing physical therapy -- I consider the operation to be a success. i have regained most range of motion and a good deal of strength in the joint. Dr. Nagda has an excellent "bedside manner" and is direct and candid in his comments. Highly recommended.

|  Excellant Doctor for shoulder problems  |  show details
May 25th, 2012

I had an accident in Hawaii. Another doctor miss the problem with my shoulder, but Dr. Nagda was able to identified the ailment with a few arm movements and later a MRI. It took months for recovery, but he walked me through the steps of my recovery and even my P.T. were surprise how much movement I was able to get back. Plus I am still seeing improvement. I completely torn my rotator cuff in an accident. I still need to work on improving my strength, but Dr. Nagda stated that it will take time to get this back. So far he has been right. I would highly recommend him to anyone who has shoulder problems.

|  Top rate surgeon!  |  show details
May 16th, 2012

I wouldn't trust my shoulder to anyone else. Litterally two weeks out from a very significant rotatory cuff tear and you can't visibly tell I even had surgery. I'm two months out and my shoulder feels awesome. Dr. Nagda has given me my life back!!

|  Caring Surgeon  |  show details
May 15th, 2012

Despite the fact that I was over 70 years of age, Dr. Nagda repaired 3 tares in my right rotator cuff with excellent results. He made age only a number. I will be eternally grateful not only for his excellent work, but for his genuine concern during my therapy and recovery.

|  Review of Dr. Nagda  |  show details
May 10th, 2012

My name is Ralph Harwell. On 18 May 2011 I fell and fractured my right upper arm. Dr. Nagda treated me in the ER, Alexandria, Virginia hospital. Within a few days, Dr. Nagda performed surgery on me at Mt. Vernon hospital, Alexandria, VA. Dr Nagda is an outstanding orthopedic surgeon, and I highly recommend him to anyone. He's the BEST in my opinion, and he maintains an excellent "bedside" manner!! Even though a fracture is very painful, my overall experience with Dr. Nagda and his team was the apex of diagnosis, treatment, follow ups and genuine patient care !!!

|  Rotator Cuff Surgery  |  show details
May 9th, 2012

I was in extreme pain, had limited motion, and significant frustration after a year of PT following a sports injury (and hydrocortisone shot) when a friend recommended I see Dr. Nagda. He got me in for an MRI and diagnosed a complete rotator cuff tear. We reviewed options, and he realistically prepared me for surgery and recovery. It has been about 10 months since then, I had surgery last July and am nearly fully recovered. Dr. Nagda and his assistant Sarah were fantastic. Everyone at Mt.Vernon Inova were great on the day of my surgery. Dr. Nagda recommended an excellent PT (Patrick Lally) and I was in recovery days after surgery. Completely positive experience, I highly recommend Dr. Nagda.

Apr 25th, 2012

A technical master when it comes to shoulder surgery and an awesome personality to boot!

|  Great Orthopaedic Surgeon  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

Dr. Nagda is an excellent Orthopedic Surgeon. He knows his crafted and explained to me what to expect during and after my surgery (Torn ACL). This was my first ever major surgery and it was easy and painless. He cared about my situation and even after I explain my situation regarding plantar fasciitis symptoms, he provided me with some great exercises to do. I would recommend Dr. Nagda to any of my family, friends, and strangers that my need Orthopedic. Dr. Nagada made me feel like I was a NFL or a professional basketball player with is knowledge and what to expect a 1 year after my surgery. After 5 months after the surgery and the physical therapist he provide me with, I was able to get back into running shape and Im also able to play non-football and other non-contact sports. As a 34 year old man, my knee actually feels like I never had surgery on it. 100% customer satisfaction.

|  Excellent Surgeon/Front Office Staff Weak  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2012

I can' say enough for Dr. Nagda as my surgeon for knee meniscus repair! Professional and caring in every way! Front office staff however needs much improvement in courtesy, customer friendly attitude, etc. While the attractive wait room says "we've created a welcoming waiting room with HD TV for your comfort and convenience", the reception staff attitude says "and for OUR convenience, we're gonna speak to you like a drill sargent, make you fill out repetitve paperwork every time you come, make you tell us in writing each time who your primary care physician is (like what, they lost that information since lst visit our don't have computer files???),and if this annoys you, we don't care (not our fault, etc.)".

Aug 20th, 2011

Very knowledgable, skilled with diagnosis and treatment. Great bedside manner and takes his time with you and sincere in that he really cares about you. Made a huge difference for my husband chronic shoulder pain and the surgery he did has greatly helped his strength and mobility too. Keep up the great work & thanks !

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Yolande on Jul 29th, 2010

Dr. Nagda has been my physician for 2 yrs now and everytime I leave his office - I leave pain free. I have been to several other orthopedic surgeons in VA, but he is far, far superior. I fully recommend Dr. Nagda's services.

|  Terrific Shoulder Doc  |  show details
by Earl Burton on Jul 7th, 2010

Dr. Nagda is a terrific physician and successfully corrected several tears and a separation in my rotator cuff. The only complaint anybody could possibly have about Dr. Nagda is the waiting time which is probably caused by his spending as much time as the patient needs to understand whats going on.

|  STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU ARE DESPARATE-LEFT WAITNG FOR 50 MINUTES-NO APOLOGY  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2009

Dr. Nagda cam highly recommended to me from another medical professional. He may be a good doctor, but the way I was treated by his office manager and physicians assistant showed no concern for me as a patient. I arrived at my second follow-up apptment 5 minutes early after taking time off from work to make the appointment. I waited for a half hour in front of the office manager without a word. At 11:30, Dr. Nagda's physician's assistant came out and brought back Dr. Nagda's 11:15 appointment. I asked why the later appointment was being brought out before me and was not given an answer. I asked when I might be seen by Dr Nagda and was not given an answer. The physicians assistant told me if I cancelled it would likely be months before I could reschedule another appointment. I finally left the office at 11:50 almost an hour after I arrived. I sent an e-mail to Dr. Nagda explaining how long I waited and there was no response. I see a number of doctors in the Washington DC area many noted by local publications as the top doctors in their specialities. None of them have ever treated me as I was treated by Dr. Nagda and his staff.