inactive

Sameer H Nagda MD Patient Reviews

October 26th, 2015
Dr. Nagda is skilled in not only his surgery but in his attention to the follow up physical therapy and recovery. I credit him with making my year long recovery a positive experience. In a word, he is awesome!

July 6th, 2015
Retired Teacher
Dr. Nagda is the BEST. I am a 67 year old woman and tripped and fell landing on my upper arm. I went to another Dr. who would not do an MRI until 3 months later after a couple of months of PT which only made it worse. He said doing an MRI after the injury was "like having an ashtray on a motorcycle" - When I finally got the MRI - it showed that I had a detached Tendon (Supraspinatus) and and badly torn Tendon (Infraspanatus)-All the PT in the world would not have fixed this. The first Dr. said, "If you were 28 I would fix this, but at your age- No. I would have to live with the limited ROM. I quit this guy immediately and went to Dr. Nagda and he said "No problem" - He scheduled me for surgery and with his expert ability and care, I have my arm back with full ROM. He is awesome and knows his stuff. I would trust him with any surgery of the arm. I had extensive scar tissue from the PT ordered by the first Dr. and he cleaned it out and reattached the tendons and fixed a bicep muscle that "was hanging" and causing a lot of pain. I forgot to mention I had also fracture the humerus (slight crack vertically) and this seemed to be the only thing the first dr. cared about. It healed quickly. I recommend Dr. Nagda strongly.

April 13th, 2015
About 10 months ago Dr. Nagda performed surgery on my shoulder to fix a torn labrum. Today, I am working my way back to 100% and see no reason why I won’t get there completely. I played baseball, as a pitcher, for my entire life (including college) and put a lot of strain on my shoulder. At my peak I threw as hard as 90mph, but after college when I stopped working out I slowed down to the low 80’s. However, about 4.5 years ago I injured my shoulder and it slowly deteriorated to the point where I could not throw a ball more than 15 feet without pain. I had lost all ability to play any sports that involved a throwing motion (baseball, softball, volleyball, tennis, etc). Now, 10 months after the surgery I am successfully playing all of these sports. Dr. Nagda worked with me over the entire process, ruling out every alternative before going in for surgery. My condition, the possible treatments, and the surgery were all well explained to me and we were able to come up with a plan to get me back into playing shape. The surgery went very smoothly and I began physical therapy within 1 week. I am so grateful to have had such a high quality doctor! P.S. I will likely never reach 90mph ever again, but I am confident that I will be back to my post-college/pre-injury form around the 1 year mark. The PT has been demanding, both physically and mentally, but I’m reaping the benefits of it now that I am throwing again without any pain!!!

March 18th, 2015
Shoulder Surgery
Dr. Nagda did a wonderful job surgically repairing my shoulder. I can now perform tasks and participate in sports too painful before. Immediately following surgery, Dr. Nagda contacted the physical therapist to expedite my start date, and had passive arm and ice machines delivered and set up that very afternoon. Dr. Nagda's entire staff was wonderful, and Ms. Shannon Svec always responded promptly to address administrative and insurance related issues. Her guidance was spot on, and helped ensure the entire process went very smoothly.

November 10th, 2014
Extraordinary surgeon
Dr. Nagda is a superior surgeon, exemplary bedside manner, exceptionally adept at diagnosis, treatment, and follow up. Dr. Nagda explains every step clearly, offers recommendations, and supports the patient's decision. He patiently listens, offers advice and choice of treatments. Dr. Nagda is kind, thoughtful, and considerate. Highly recommend.

September 16th, 2014
My search for an orthopedic surgeon began by word of mouth through acquaintances, very well known physical therapists, and medical doctors. One name kept re-surfacing over all others, Dr. Sameer Nagda. He is not only an orthopedic surgeon whose specialty is the shoulder, but also has a very knowledgeable background in sports medicine. I found Dr. Nagda’s bio to be excellent and his affiliation with the Anderson Clinic was very reassuring. As a patient having had re-occurring problems with my shoulder, he was one of the few doctors that had prior experience with my unique condition. Dr. Nagda was able to correct multiple injuries during one surgery and I emerged post op with much less pain than expected. Dr. Nagda is a wonderful and caring person. He is genuinely interested in what your concerns are while answering any and all questions you may have. I live in Northern Virginia and have never have regretted having chosen Dr. Nagda. Please read his bio, so you too, can make an educated decision.

November 14th, 2013
Amazing and a true proffesional! What a blessing!
The care, service, and surgery I received from Dr Sameer Nagda has been exceptional. Dr Nagda turned my life around. A few years ago my shoulder was so unstable that I thought I would never play any sport again. The only regret I have is not doing the laterjet procedure ten years ago with Dr Nagda. The care and attention he provides to his patients is outstanding. Dr Nagda has improved the lives of many and of many well known atheletes and celebrities. Dr Nagda God Bless you and thank you for your dedication and care to all your patients. Dr Nagda will be the number one shoulder specialist in the world! Amazing! My next fifty will be my best yet!

November 7th, 2013
Shoulder Surgery Care
I was referred to Dr. Nagda for severe shoulder pain that limited my ability to perform most upper body exercises and limited my ability to perform duties associated with my profession. I was pleased that he first referred me to physical therapy rather than wanting to cut. Unfortunately, physical therapy did not help the problem, only helped to confirm the diagnosis of a labrum tear. I had surgery in Feb 2013 and as of this post (Nov 2013) I am back to my normal routine although still working up in weight, frequency, and intensity of work outs. The one thing that stands out about Dr. Nagda is that everything he predicted about my shoulder and everything he said about recovery time, pain, and limitations has been spot-on. I wanted to believe that a guy like me who prides himself on staying fit and exercising could heal faster than Dr. Nagda expected but I didn't. It was just one of those injuries that needs time. If I was ever in the position again to see an orthopedic surgeon I would do everything I could to return to Dr. Nagda.

September 27th, 2012
The Consummate Professional
Before meeting Dr. Nagda I would have said the 6+ surgeries I've had all were done by great surgeons. Since having Dr. Nagda take care of me even though all the other surgeries turned out fine the "great" is actually "good". Dr. Nagda far exceeded my wildest expectations on all levels. His caring, knowledge, attitude and personality are second only to his surgical skill. This has been by far the most comfortable surgical experience I've ever had and being able to walk pain free ain't bad either. I would highly recommend Dr. Nagda.

July 29th, 2012
Excellent Excellent Dr.
Dr. Nagda is one of the most professional and understanding doctor's I've ever seen. He makes your problem real for him and is as careful and precise in everything he does as you'll ever find, in regards to administering shots, evaluations, suggestions, just the whole deal. Personally, without Dr. Nagda's help I would still be suffering from pain that other doctors have just chopped up to unidentifiable diagnosis.

July 26th, 2012
Best Ortho. Doc I've met
Dr. Nagda is very courtesy, honest, & knowledgeable about his craft. He's very hands on & personally follows up w/ me on every step of my recovery. If it weren't for him I'd probably be permanently crippled! I'd recommend him to any & everyone I come in contact w/ in need of a ortho. Doc. Great guy!!!

June 12th, 2012
Dr. Nagda is a well-known shoulder replacement and sports medicine specialist in the Washington area. He performed a complete shoulder replacement last fall, and six months later -- after continuing physical therapy -- I consider the operation to be a success. i have regained most range of motion and a good deal of strength in the joint. Dr. Nagda has an excellent "bedside manner" and is direct and candid in his comments. Highly recommended.