by felix and barbara on May 29th, 2016

fabulous dr

Making a tough surgery successful show details Making a tough surgery successful
by M. Ellis on Feb 23rd, 2016

Fantastic physician with amiable bedside manner

Reverse Shoulder Replacement show details Reverse Shoulder Replacement
by WaltH on Feb 21st, 2016

I was facing shoulder replacement and wanted a second opinion on this life altering process. A coworker recommended the Anderson Clinic and I went online to get more information. After reading the bios, I decided to make an appointment with Dr. Nagda. From the moment I stepped into his office everything felt right. I felt comfortable and relaxed. The staff was very personable and “patient friendly”. Then the big moment arrived and Dr. Nagda came into the waiting room. He had a great sense of the situation and what needed to be done. He explained fully the procedure and expected outcomes. When finished, I was ready to schedule the surgery but was told to go home and talk to my wife so we could both discuss the process involved and get a joint commitment for having the surgery done. I didn’t realize at that moment that these were words from not only a true professional, but also from a person concerned about the welfare of his patient. The surgery was done and the recovery process went as discussed. During my physical therapy, I was asked several times who had performed my surgery as my range of motion was extremely good for this point of the recovery process. This sealed the deal for me in my choice of Dr. Nagda. He is a true professional, great personality, and caring person. I would never have the slightest doubt of going to him for any other procedure under his scope of expertise nor that of recommending him to any of my friends.

by Joe Gemmell on Dec 28th, 2015

Dr Nagda exceeded my expectations of a surgeon , puts you at ease with his knowledge , expertise and explains everything to you in a way you understand what to expect . Surgery went great and I am well on my way to recovery

by M.E. Ellis on Oct 26th, 2015

Dr. Nagda is skilled in not only his surgery but in his attention to the follow up physical therapy and recovery. I credit him with making my year long recovery a positive experience. In a word, he is awesome!

Great recovery from Rotator Cuff with Dr. Nagda/Anderson Clinic show details Great recovery from Rotator Cuff with Dr. Nagda/Anderson Clinic
Aug 8th, 2015

I can speak volumes about Dr. Nagda. He instilled confidence in both the surgery (rotator cuff/Shoulder) and in my recovery. His Anderson Clinic support staff I would also rate as A , very professional, from clinical staff down to the appointment scheduling folks. I had a difficult rotator cuff issue, and Dr. Nagda took the time to explain first the surgery, in terms a lay person can understand - and then milestones in the recovery. Incidentally, he is a resource for many sports teams, including the Washington Nationals, so you know he is highly thought of in the industry.

Retired Teacher show details Retired Teacher
by Maria-Marlene Stefanik on Jul 6th, 2015

Dr. Nagda is the BEST. I am a 67 year old woman and tripped and fell landing on my upper arm. I went to another Dr. who would not do an MRI until 3 months later after a couple of months of PT which only made it worse. He said doing an MRI after the injury was "like having an ashtray on a motorcycle" - When I finally got the MRI - it showed that I had a detached Tendon (Supraspinatus) and and badly torn Tendon (Infraspanatus)-All the PT in the world would not have fixed this. The first Dr. said, "If you were 28 I would fix this, but at your age- No. I would have to live with the limited ROM. I quit this guy immediately and went to Dr. Nagda and he said "No problem" - He scheduled me for surgery and with his expert ability and care, I have my arm back with full ROM. He is awesome and knows his stuff. I would trust him with any surgery of the arm. I had extensive scar tissue from the PT ordered by the first Dr. and he cleaned it out and reattached the tendons and fixed a bicep muscle that "was hanging" and causing a lot of pain. I forgot to mention I had also fracture the humerus (slight crack vertically) and this seemed to be the only thing the first dr. cared about. It healed quickly. I recommend Dr. Nagda strongly.

Apr 13th, 2015

About 10 months ago Dr. Nagda performed surgery on my shoulder to fix a torn labrum. Today, I am working my way back to 100% and see no reason why I won’t get there completely. I played baseball, as a pitcher, for my entire life (including college) and put a lot of strain on my shoulder. At my peak I threw as hard as 90mph, but after college when I stopped working out I slowed down to the low 80’s. However, about 4.5 years ago I injured my shoulder and it slowly deteriorated to the point where I could not throw a ball more than 15 feet without pain. I had lost all ability to play any sports that involved a throwing motion (baseball, softball, volleyball, tennis, etc). Now, 10 months after the surgery I am successfully playing all of these sports. Dr. Nagda worked with me over the entire process, ruling out every alternative before going in for surgery. My condition, the possible treatments, and the surgery were all well explained to me and we were able to come up with a plan to get me back into playing shape. The surgery went very smoothly and I began physical therapy within 1 week. I am so grateful to have had such a high quality doctor! P.S. I will likely never reach 90mph ever again, but I am confident that I will be back to my post-college/pre-injury form around the 1 year mark. The PT has been demanding, both physically and mentally, but I’m reaping the benefits of it now that I am throwing again without any pain!!!

Shoulder Surgery show details Shoulder Surgery
by Rory Kirker on Mar 18th, 2015

Dr. Nagda did a wonderful job surgically repairing my shoulder. I can now perform tasks and participate in sports too painful before. Immediately following surgery, Dr. Nagda contacted the physical therapist to expedite my start date, and had passive arm and ice machines delivered and set up that very afternoon. Dr. Nagda's entire staff was wonderful, and Ms. Shannon Svec always responded promptly to address administrative and insurance related issues. Her guidance was spot on, and helped ensure the entire process went very smoothly.

Extraordinary surgeon show details Extraordinary surgeon
by M. H. on Nov 10th, 2014

Dr. Nagda is a superior surgeon, exemplary bedside manner, exceptionally adept at diagnosis, treatment, and follow up. Dr. Nagda explains every step clearly, offers recommendations, and supports the patient's decision. He patiently listens, offers advice and choice of treatments. Dr. Nagda is kind, thoughtful, and considerate. Highly recommend.

by Janet D. on Sep 27th, 2014

Dr. Nagda and his staff were superb in every way. Knowledgeable, efficient, thorough, prompt, and pleasant. Additionally, I had a superb surgical result, and am feeling great! It was worth the distance traveled, as there are certainly closer physician groups, but I knew Dr. Nagda was the best. I would highly recommend them.

by Jan Freis on Sep 16th, 2014

My search for an orthopedic surgeon began by word of mouth through acquaintances, very well known physical therapists, and medical doctors. One name kept re-surfacing over all others, Dr. Sameer Nagda. He is not only an orthopedic surgeon whose specialty is the shoulder, but also has a very knowledgeable background in sports medicine. I found Dr. Nagda’s bio to be excellent and his affiliation with the Anderson Clinic was very reassuring. As a patient having had re-occurring problems with my shoulder, he was one of the few doctors that had prior experience with my unique condition. Dr. Nagda was able to correct multiple injuries during one surgery and I emerged post op with much less pain than expected. Dr. Nagda is a wonderful and caring person. He is genuinely interested in what your concerns are while answering any and all questions you may have. I live in Northern Virginia and have never have regretted having chosen Dr. Nagda. Please read his bio, so you too, can make an educated decision.

Knee Surgery show details Knee Surgery
by Jonathan Whitaker on Aug 2nd, 2014

Dr. Nagda performed surgery on my right knee to remove my prepatellar bursa that had been causing me pain for 2 full years. I am more than happy with the result of the surgery as the knee is now 99% pain free.

Amazing and a true proffesional! What a blessing! show details Amazing and a true proffesional! What a blessing!
by David Giraldi on Nov 14th, 2013

The care, service, and surgery I received from Dr Sameer Nagda has been exceptional. Dr Nagda turned my life around. A few years ago my shoulder was so unstable that I thought I would never play any sport again. The only regret I have is not doing the laterjet procedure ten years ago with Dr Nagda. The care and attention he provides to his patients is outstanding. Dr Nagda has improved the lives of many and of many well known atheletes and celebrities. Dr Nagda God Bless you and thank you for your dedication and care to all your patients. Dr Nagda will be the number one shoulder specialist in the world! Amazing! My next fifty will be my best yet!

Shoulder Surgery Care show details Shoulder Surgery Care
by Chris Tolliver on Nov 7th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Nagda for severe shoulder pain that limited my ability to perform most upper body exercises and limited my ability to perform duties associated with my profession. I was pleased that he first referred me to physical therapy rather than wanting to cut. Unfortunately, physical therapy did not help the problem, only helped to confirm the diagnosis of a labrum tear. I had surgery in Feb 2013 and as of this post (Nov 2013) I am back to my normal routine although still working up in weight, frequency, and intensity of work outs. The one thing that stands out about Dr. Nagda is that everything he predicted about my shoulder and everything he said about recovery time, pain, and limitations has been spot-on. I wanted to believe that a guy like me who prides himself on staying fit and exercising could heal faster than Dr. Nagda expected but I didn't. It was just one of those injuries that needs time. If I was ever in the position again to see an orthopedic surgeon I would do everything I could to return to Dr. Nagda.

by Leslie Forsyth on Sep 3rd, 2013

I was happy with every aspect of my care with Dr. Nagda although the Xray technician should have offered protective covering rather than my having to ask for it before Xrays were taken.

Shoulder surgery patient show details Shoulder surgery patient
by K. Harold on Jul 26th, 2013

I have been through several other surgeries but none have been as thorough and personable as the medical care I received from Dr. Nagda and his staff. I spent more time speaking and laughing with Dr. Nagda throughout my shoulder procedure than all of my other visits with other surgeons combined! At every step of the way I had a detailed understanding of the nature of my injury, the options available, the next steps, and what to expect over the long-haul. Now that I am fully recovered I hope that I NEVER need another shoulder surgery again but if I do, Dr. Nagda is the man to see. I recommend Dr. Nagda very highly!

Left Shoulder, Rotator Cuff show details Left Shoulder, Rotator Cuff
by Yacine Y. A. on May 6th, 2013

I had a complete tear due to a parachuting accident. This was my first operation, ever, and Dr. Nagda made it as smooth and painless as possible. He even was careful to cut around my Eagle, Globe & Anchor tattoo as to not scar it, to which I am very grateful. Due to his expertise, I made good progress throughout my recovery and am back to 100%. His staff provided great support and courteous throughout. I highly recommend to any and all with any shoulder injuries.

by Felicia Beard on May 2nd, 2013

Dr. Nagda performed rotator cuff repair on my left shoulder last fall. He is an excellent surgeon and was very involved in my recovery. The process was lengthy but with his care and that of the physical therapists, I have made a complete recovery with excellent results.

Excellent show details Excellent
by Todd on Mar 5th, 2013

Dr. Nagda is an excellent surgeon. He did a wonderful job fixing my shoulder and recommend him to anyone with an ortho problem.

knee and shoulder treatment show details knee and shoulder treatment
by Karen and Enzo on Jan 20th, 2013

one of the best! truly interested in getting us back to an active life. we have been life long athletes and he understands what this means! I had seen other docs who did not give me options for my severely arthritic knees. Doc Nagda came up with solutions that worked for me. Also excellent results in shoulder treatment for my husband - orthoscopic - I will not hesitate to recommend Doc Nagda in his specialty areas. be warned he is busy! you are unlikely to get a quick appointment - BUT worth the wait!

Bernie Bennick show details Bernie Bennick
Dec 1st, 2012

Dr. Nagda was simply great. I could not have had a better surgeon. I had a torn rotator cuff and a torn bicep repaired. Dr. Nagda did an excellent job on my shoulder, prescribed the right medications and gave me clear instructions on my recovery. Dr. Nagda referred me to The Jackson Clinic in Lorton, VA, for my physical therapy. Ken worked wonders and Ryan had me going in a matter of weeks. Six months since surgery and I am lifting weights, throwing a baseball and sleeping without pain. I am glad to have been cared for so well by these men. All professional and caring health care providers.

The Consummate Professional show details The Consummate Professional
Sep 27th, 2012

Before meeting Dr. Nagda I would have said the 6 surgeries I've had all were done by great surgeons. Since having Dr. Nagda take care of me even though all the other surgeries turned out fine the "great" is actually "good". Dr. Nagda far exceeded my wildest expectations on all levels. His caring, knowledge, attitude and personality are second only to his surgical skill. This has been by far the most comfortable surgical experience I've ever had and being able to walk pain free ain't bad either. I would highly recommend Dr. Nagda.

Excellent Excellent Dr. show details Excellent Excellent Dr.
Jul 29th, 2012

Dr. Nagda is one of the most professional and understanding doctor's I've ever seen. He makes your problem real for him and is as careful and precise in everything he does as you'll ever find, in regards to administering shots, evaluations, suggestions, just the whole deal. Personally, without Dr. Nagda's help I would still be suffering from pain that other doctors have just chopped up to unidentifiable diagnosis.

Best Ortho. Doc I've met show details Best Ortho. Doc I've met
Jul 26th, 2012

Dr. Nagda is very courtesy, honest, & knowledgeable about his craft. He's very hands on & personally follows up w/ me on every step of my recovery. If it weren't for him I'd probably be permanently crippled! I'd recommend him to any & everyone I come in contact w/ in need of a ortho. Doc. Great guy!!!

Outstanding Surgeon and support staff show details Outstanding Surgeon and support staff
Jul 23rd, 2012

Had a grat experience with rotator cuff surgery after a motorcycle accident. Dr Nagda was completely thorough and professional, and NOT in a hurry to operate. Attempted therapy and other solutions, operating only when clearly necessary. Great outcome and support from therapists and staff on site at his Anderson Orthopedic Clinic.

Jun 12th, 2012

Dr. Nagda performed arthroscopic surgery on my right knee to repair a torn meniscus. After having the same surgery from a different doctor on my left knee 13 years ago, I was hesitant to have this surgery because it took such a long time (one year) to recover from the last surgery.But I decided to go ahead after Dr. Nagda tried various alternative therapies that turned out to be not adequate. It was such a different experience this time. Very smooth, very little discomfort, and most important extremely fast recovery. I was up walking without a crutch the first day and six weeks later I could do almost any activity I wanted to do. I am 68 years old. Dr. Nagda was great and I would recommend him without reservation.

Jun 12th, 2012

Dr. Nagda is a well-known shoulder replacement and sports medicine specialist in the Washington area. He performed a complete shoulder replacement last fall, and six months later -- after continuing physical therapy -- I consider the operation to be a success. i have regained most range of motion and a good deal of strength in the joint. Dr. Nagda has an excellent "bedside manner" and is direct and candid in his comments. Highly recommended.

Excellant Doctor for shoulder problems show details Excellant Doctor for shoulder problems
May 25th, 2012

I had an accident in Hawaii. Another doctor miss the problem with my shoulder, but Dr. Nagda was able to identified the ailment with a few arm movements and later a MRI. It took months for recovery, but he walked me through the steps of my recovery and even my P.T. were surprise how much movement I was able to get back. Plus I am still seeing improvement. I completely torn my rotator cuff in an accident. I still need to work on improving my strength, but Dr. Nagda stated that it will take time to get this back. So far he has been right. I would highly recommend him to anyone who has shoulder problems.

Top rate surgeon! show details Top rate surgeon!
May 16th, 2012

I wouldn't trust my shoulder to anyone else. Litterally two weeks out from a very significant rotatory cuff tear and you can't visibly tell I even had surgery. I'm two months out and my shoulder feels awesome. Dr. Nagda has given me my life back!!

Caring Surgeon show details Caring Surgeon
May 15th, 2012

Despite the fact that I was over 70 years of age, Dr. Nagda repaired 3 tares in my right rotator cuff with excellent results. He made age only a number. I will be eternally grateful not only for his excellent work, but for his genuine concern during my therapy and recovery.

Apr 25th, 2012

A technical master when it comes to shoulder surgery and an awesome personality to boot!

Great Orthopaedic Surgeon show details Great Orthopaedic Surgeon
Apr 25th, 2012

Dr. Nagda is an excellent Orthopedic Surgeon. He knows his crafted and explained to me what to expect during and after my surgery (Torn ACL). This was my first ever major surgery and it was easy and painless. He cared about my situation and even after I explain my situation regarding plantar fasciitis symptoms, he provided me with some great exercises to do. I would recommend Dr. Nagda to any of my family, friends, and strangers that my need Orthopedic. Dr. Nagada made me feel like I was a NFL or a professional basketball player with is knowledge and what to expect a 1 year after my surgery. After 5 months after the surgery and the physical therapist he provide me with, I was able to get back into running shape and Im also able to play non-football and other non-contact sports. As a 34 year old man, my knee actually feels like I never had surgery on it. 100% customer satisfaction.

Excellent Surgeon/Front Office Staff Weak show details Excellent Surgeon/Front Office Staff Weak
Apr 18th, 2012

I can' say enough for Dr. Nagda as my surgeon for knee meniscus repair! Professional and caring in every way! Front office staff however needs much improvement in courtesy, customer friendly attitude, etc. While the attractive wait room says "we've created a welcoming waiting room with HD TV for your comfort and convenience", the reception staff attitude says "and for OUR convenience, we're gonna speak to you like a drill sargent, make you fill out repetitve paperwork every time you come, make you tell us in writing each time who your primary care physician is (like what, they lost that information since lst visit our don't have computer files???),and if this annoys you, we don't care (not our fault, etc.)".

Aug 20th, 2011

Very knowledgable, skilled with diagnosis and treatment. Great bedside manner and takes his time with you and sincere in that he really cares about you. Made a huge difference for my husband chronic shoulder pain and the surgery he did has greatly helped his strength and mobility too. Keep up the great work & thanks !

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Yolande on Jul 29th, 2010

Dr. Nagda has been my physician for 2 yrs now and everytime I leave his office - I leave pain free. I have been to several other orthopedic surgeons in VA, but he is far, far superior. I fully recommend Dr. Nagda's services.

Terrific Shoulder Doc show details Terrific Shoulder Doc
by Earl Burton on Jul 7th, 2010

Dr. Nagda is a terrific physician and successfully corrected several tears and a separation in my rotator cuff. The only complaint anybody could possibly have about Dr. Nagda is the waiting time which is probably caused by his spending as much time as the patient needs to understand whats going on.

STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU ARE DESPARATE-LEFT WAITNG FOR 50 MINUTES-NO APOLOGY show details STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU ARE DESPARATE-LEFT WAITNG FOR 50 MINUTES-NO APOLOGY
Nov 19th, 2009

Dr. Nagda cam highly recommended to me from another medical professional. He may be a good doctor, but the way I was treated by his office manager and physicians assistant showed no concern for me as a patient. I arrived at my second follow-up apptment 5 minutes early after taking time off from work to make the appointment. I waited for a half hour in front of the office manager without a word. At 11:30, Dr. Nagda's physician's assistant came out and brought back Dr. Nagda's 11:15 appointment. I asked why the later appointment was being brought out before me and was not given an answer. I asked when I might be seen by Dr Nagda and was not given an answer. The physicians assistant told me if I cancelled it would likely be months before I could reschedule another appointment. I finally left the office at 11:50 almost an hour after I arrived. I sent an e-mail to Dr. Nagda explaining how long I waited and there was no response. I see a number of doctors in the Washington DC area many noted by local publications as the top doctors in their specialities. None of them have ever treated me as I was treated by Dr. Nagda and his staff.