Dr. Samer Attar Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Samer Attar?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 25th, 2017

A truly arrogant individual.

February 4th, 2015

Compassionate ..beautiful heart..wonderful doctor .

March 6th, 2014

Thankful and grateful

Saw a North Shore University HealthSystem orthopedic surgeon for OA in my right knee. After the first appt and a cortisone shot only lasting for a couple of weeks and after reviewing my MRI and x-rays I was told I was bone on bone and, no other options, needed TKR. I went to Dr. Attar for a second opinion. He told me I'm not totally bone on bone yet but have some areas of bone on bone. He gave me knee sleeves to wear while walking and ordered physical therapy. In a matter of days I went from crutches and dragging my leg due to pain to being able to walk up and down stairs like an adult again. Thankful and grateful for this honest and knowledgeable surgeon!

May 29th, 2013

Good Surgeon/Grateful Patient

My internist referred me to Dr. Attar when the surgeon who did my original knee replacements wasn't able to see me for at least three months even though I could barely walk. As it turns out, one of my knee replacements had failed and needed to be replaced ASAP. Before my appointment I did as much word of mouth research as I could about Dr. Attar, talking to friends who were doctors several of whom who had trained or worked at U of C and/Northwestern. The things I heard a lot were: "exquisitely well-trained", "confident", "personable", and "skilled." Of course, the good news is that all these things were born out by my experience. Dr. Attar performed knee revision surgery on my right knee a month ago today and so far the results have been amazing. So far my progress has been smooth, physical therapy has gone well, and I expect that in another two months I will be at about the 80% mark in my recovery just as Dr. Attar predicted.

March 17th, 2013

Consummate professional

i feel very fortunate to have had Dr. Attar surgically repair my fractured femur. The consummate professional who was genuinely concerned about the circumstances that caused the fracture.He exudes confidence that put my mind totally at ease before surgery. As a retired health professional, my recommendation could not be greater.

March 16th, 2013

Highly recommend

Dr. Attar is a physician whom I highly recommend. He is an excellent surgeon. He is kind and respectful. His sense of humor put patient at ease.

August 22nd, 2012

Unusual combination of outstanding expertise and caring manner

Dr. Attar lived up to his reputation (among other physicians at Johns Hopkins University Hospital)as an exceptionally skilled expert in hip surgery. He also has an unusually kind and open manner with patients that I very much appreciated. He was willing to listen to and answer all of my many questions prior to my surgery, paid close attention to me and my recovery while I was at JHU and during follow-up, and was equally patient and informative in dealing with members of my family. He also was not in the least disturbed by my question regarding his youth! The results of my surgery have been outstanding: I can once again walk, including up and down hills, swim, etc. without pain. And I feel as though I was treated as an equally intelligent person in my dealings with him. I am only sorry that he has moved to Chicago and thus would not be available to me should I need to have my other hip operated on. Johns Hopkins' loss is Northwestern's gain. I would recommend him without reservations and enthusiastically.

August 27th, 2017