Dr. Samer Ballouz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

August 3rd, 2013
Dissatisfied with care
My wife was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Dr. Ballouz and his group was her doctor. They said we needed a biopsy to see what type of cancer so they could set up a treatment plan. We were told it could take up to 3 weeks to get the results. After 4 weeks with no contact I called Dr. Ballouz and all he keep saying is that it takes 3 weeks to get the results even after I kept telling him it had been 4 weeks. He called them and called me back and said it was not done yet. My wife went into hospice care and she told me that she thinks they just abandoned her. I saw him in the hospital weeks later when I was visiting my wife in hospice and it was all I could do not to go off on him, when I asked him about the results he said he had too many patience and could not remember the results. I told him how my wife thought that they had abandoned her and he said they would never do that. I saw him on the hospice floor and he asked me if I would like to see the results of the biopsy. I said yes even thou my wife by this time was laying in bed unresponsive. He tried to get into her records but he couldn't because he wasn't one of her doctors. So they did abandoned her and never told us. He asked if he could see my wife and I don't know why I said yes but I did. He went in and spoke to my wife and all I wanted to do was throw him out of the room. Of course my wife didn't respond back to him as she was unresponsive. She passed away the next day and I have still not gotten the results only the bill for the biopsy.

July 19th, 2011
dissatisfied melanoma patient
left message with staff to have Dr. Ballouz call back because of questions,pain issues,test results.... it would be DAYS before he would return the call. Many times had to ask him if complications were due to chemo or the cancer and he would not know and have to "look it up" then would never follow up. Pat answer was "you look good"