Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD
Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Back Surgery L4 & L5 show details Back Surgery L4 & L5
by Mr Dine. on Jul 25th, 2016

Was able to go home same day of surgery. A Week after back surgery I was pain free. Per-surgery visit was very educational and prepped me well for surgery. Premier Surgery Center was very helpful and courteous.

Highly recommend Dr. Ghostine! show details Highly recommend Dr. Ghostine!
by Sarah Wilken on Jul 14th, 2016

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Ghostine. I had a very severe case of spinal stenosis and he was able to expedite my surgery and ease my pain. I am currently have a quick recovery and appreciate Dr. Ghostine's kind bedside manner and good communication skills. He is a very knowledgeable surgeon and I trust him completely. I recommend him to everyone!

I'm back to normal ! show details I'm back to normal !
by Mr. Hayes on Feb 7th, 2016

I had severe sciatica running down my right leg and severe lower back pain dr. Go soon did an MRI found I had herniated disc at s1l5 and l5l for he did a discectomy laminectomy at Riverside Community Hospital everything went great immediate relief I absolutely recommend him and Riverside Community Hospital

Dr. Ghostine is a miracle worker!!! show details Dr. Ghostine is a miracle worker!!!
by E. Schwartz on Jan 12th, 2016

Dr. Ghostine is incredibly caring and knowledgeable and will only do surgeries that you absolutely need. He did my back surgery. I was in so much pain, I couldn't walk without excruciating pain radiating down my lower back and legs. After the surgery, it was like a miracle. Immediate results! If I ever need back or neck surgery, again, I will certainly use Dr. Ghostine. He is also very caring and kind. I highly recommend Dr. Samer Ghostine!!!

Doctors performance show details Doctors performance
by Terry L, on Dec 23rd, 2015

I have delt server back pain for over 30 years I have had three previous surgeries with little relief until Dr Ghostine performed my back fusion I am still recovering but each day that has past getting better each day, his compasion for his work is one for all others to emulate.

by Mary Canzone on Aug 31st, 2015

Dr. Ghostine operated on my back. I suffered from scoliosis and before the surgery I could not even stand without extreme pain. Now I can move without pain and have my life back again. I would recommend Dr. Ghostine highly.

Aug 23rd, 2015

Still waiting for surgery

Lower back herniated dics surgery show details Lower back herniated dics surgery
by Roberto sicairos jr on Aug 19th, 2015

Let me just say that Dr Ghostine is such an amazing kind sweet man. That has a true passion for what he does. On fathers day i came into the emergency room in pain i couldnt walk i was leaning to my right side to realize the pressure from my back i was having trouble with my bladder i was in so much pain. Then i meet Dr Ghostine for the first time ever he was very nice treated me like family i trusted dr ghostine with my life. 2 months later im pain free i can sleep without pain i can walk without pain all thanks to Dr Ghostine. I can know live my life pain freeeeeeee again Yes i will trully recommend Dr Ghostine to my friend and family this man is a true angel of god

by carlos on Aug 12th, 2015

Best neurosurgeon in the world. Blessed to have him fused my back.

Surgeon A show details Surgeon A
by Isaac Lopez on Aug 5th, 2015

There is nothing but good thing to say about Dr. Ghostine. He was very kind from day one. He made sure my family and I were calm and prepared for what was to come. He performed a back surgery on me and executed it very well. Before this surgery i was not able to stand or feel my legs and was in severe pain. Dr. Ghostine took the correct actions and successfully restored my ability to walk, feel and took care of the pain. I am very pleased with his work and how caring and attentive he is. He visited me everyday after my surgery and checked up on me. He is by far the only doctor to do this for me. He is an excellent surgeon.

Jul 3rd, 2015

Great surgeon

Best Back doctor show details Best Back doctor
by Troy Simon on Jun 23rd, 2015

Excellect gives it to you straight.

by Shalotta Faniel on Apr 21st, 2015

Dr. Ghostine and staff are amazing. I had to have surgery on my neck and was very scared but Dr. Ghostine assured me that everything wold be ok. He was my angel. after my surgery I went to his office for a follow up and his staff was such a compliment to an extraordinary Dr. They were very professional and helpful.

Patient. CEO of Commercial Real Estate show details Patient. CEO of Commercial Real Estate
by John Paullin on Feb 26th, 2015

☆I was very worried about having back surgery. ☆I talked to 3 spine surgeons that all were pretty much the same except Dr. Ghostine. ☆Dr. Ghostine gave me different neurological test and asked all the right questions about my Spinal Stynosis. He even said he would never insist on back surgery if there were any chance shots, acupuncture or massage or physical therapy would help. Unfortunately, the radiologists report repeated , the word, "severe" too many times when he wrote up my MRI !!! It was crystal clear that I needed minimually-invasive surgery in 4 locations in my lower back. When Dr. Ghostine showed me and carefully explained to me my serious report, I on my own chose to have Dr Ghostine decompress the 4 nerves. ☆It took 5 hours to correct my pinched nerves! Prior to surgery I was bending over to walk without pain, after surgery I was able to stand straight up AND walk WITHOUT ANY PAIN! I even had little to no annoying pain from my surgery incision. I'm now walking staight up with NO more pain running down the backsides of my legs. I'm very pleased with Dr. Ghostine and my fast recovery results!

Feb 25th, 2015

Compassionate and extremely knowledgable with my neck surgery. Will have lower back surgery soon

Feb 14th, 2015

His surgery straightened my spine, and my pain is almost resolved. He did a really good job! Outstanding result.

Spinal Cord Stimulator show details Spinal Cord Stimulator
by Sheila Leys on Aug 9th, 2014

I am very happy with my choice of Dr. Ghostine, to perform my Spinal Cord Stimulator inplant surgery.

Highly Recommend show details Highly Recommend
by Showalter, Jean on Jul 26th, 2014

Dr. Ghostine is thorough, compassionate, listens and genuinely cares about his patients. I had Hydrocephalus and he put a shunt in my head. I have a new lease on life. My friends cannot believe it. If I develop any spine situations he will be my first call.:)

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Marjorie Hernandez on Jun 30th, 2014

Dr.Ghostine did my back surgery and I am so grateful for the outcome. I am now virtually pain free. I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you Dr. Ghostine.

BACK/SPINE SURGERY show details BACK/SPINE SURGERY
by F J DILLARD on Jun 13th, 2014

DR GHOSTINE IS ONE OF FEW DOCTORS THAT TRULY LISTEN TO YOUR MEDICAL PROBLEMS. AFTER BEING IN PAIN FOR CLOSE TO A YEAR AND UNABLE TO STAND FOR MORE THAN 10 MINUTES I WAS DIRECTED TO THIS DOCTOR. MY LEFT LEG WAS AFFECTED FIRST WITH MY RIGHT LEG STARTING TO GO OUT ALSO. I HAD NUMEROUS EPIDURALS, BEING PAIN FREE FOR ONLY A FEW DAYS. ALL THE PAIN PILLS OFFERED NO RELIEF ONLY TO MAKE ME SICKER. AFTER HAVING BACK SURGERY(ALIF) I FEEL LIKE A NEW PERSON. I CAN WALK AGAIN AND HAVE NO MORE PAIN. DR GHOSTINE WAS VERY CARING AND PROFESSIONAL , EXPLAINING EXACTLY WHAT WOULD BE DONE AND WHY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE EXPERIENCING THE DEGREE OF PAIN (10 ) I WAS IN .

MD, PhD show details MD, PhD
by Nahidh H. on May 21st, 2014

Excellent surgeons, manners. takes time to explain things. Highly recommend him with spine or brain problems. Pain free after his surgery

Up & Standing Tall show details Up & Standing Tall
by Harry A. Leu on Apr 7th, 2014

The Most Memorable was when Dr. Ghostine, said he would do the sugery, and that it would not be an easy surgery, but after being down for Three Years, I felt Dr. Ghostine was the Doctor that could make it happen and he did a fantastic job I am up and walking and doing things like getting dressed, putting on my shoes etc., with ease, and as time goes on I am doing things just as before an living a normal life, and most of all my wife is a very happy camper Thank You Dr. Ghostine...... My wife Thanks You! I would tell the whole world this part of the world about Dotor Ghostine, and day of the week....... The wor is out!!! Again Thanks a million!!!!

First rate doctor and staff show details First rate doctor and staff
by James Murphy on Apr 2nd, 2014

I consider myself blessed to have met Doctor Ghostine. Prior to seeing him I suffered intolerable pain for months. My pain was immediately relieved by the surgery he did and my recovery has been much easier than I expected. He is personable, compassionate, and gifted at what he does. My encounters with his staff were all very pleasant and they are all efficient at what they do.

Corrected another doctors surgery show details Corrected another doctors surgery
by David O. on Mar 13th, 2014

This is my 4th lower back surgery. I wish I would have seen Dr. S. Ghostine at Loma Linda University Hospital in Loma Linda before my surgery in 2012. I definitely would recommend Dr. S. Ghostine to any one with back issues. He is the Best Neurologist Doctor I have ever had. Dr. S. Ghostine made the correct diagnosis and explained exactly what he would be doing to correct my issue. He told me what to expect from the surgery as well as all the risks involved with the type of surgery he would be doing. Dr. Ghostine was very honest and did not sugar cote anything. He had an excellent bed side manner and did not let his ego get in the way what so ever. (Very rare with other Neurologists I have had). The previous doctor (Not at Loma Linda University Hospital) did not tell me anything of the risks and said every thing would be just fine and they do this all the time. That surgery did not go as well as expected. The evening after Dr. Ghostine performed surgery on my lower back, (L5 - S1) 100% of the pain was gone. His visit to me in the hospital was most appreciated. He took the time to listen to me (He has always done that) and gave me encouragement. Six weeks after surgery 100% of the pain is still gone and I am walking without assistance. (No walker, no cane.)

Patient show details Patient
by Karl Chavarria on Feb 12th, 2014

Six weeks ago I was admitted into the ER unit at Loma Linda University Medical Center for a ruptured disc at the L4-5 vertebrae,compounded by spinal stenosis resulting in compression of the cauda equina ,thus creating severe pain and the onset of paralysis from my waist down. I was immediately placed into surgery . Dr. Ghostine said to me your a miracle prior to discharging me for I had lost all feeling in my lower extremities and control of my bowels, WOW!!! I'm forever grateful, Dr. Ghostine he is truly the miracle worker quite the professional in his field , I'm well on my way to a full recovery.

Spinal Fusion Surgery show details Spinal Fusion Surgery
by Dora Villanueva on Nov 30th, 2013

The Best! Dr. Ghostine was professional, caring, and knowledgeable. After seeing four neurosurgeons for an issue with three of my discs, and a misaligned spine, Dr. Ghostine proved to be the one to give the correct diagnosis, and perform my surgeries. After years of pain I am now in recovery and on my way to regaining my life! I am extremely grateful for having found Dr. Ghostine. I would recommend Dr. Ghostine to all my friends and family.

Patient show details Patient
Nov 2nd, 2013

Very kind and compassionate Doctor. Would and have recommended him Cervical repair (of previous surgery), and fusion went great! Best I have felt in years!

Thank you Dr. Ghostine show details Thank you Dr. Ghostine
by D. on Oct 28th, 2013

I have suffered from back pain all my life. I was recently told I had scoliosis. I was treated for years with pain medications and injections. Dr. Ghostine performed a scoliosis correction. It was very hard initially, but looking back now, I would do it all over again. I am hardly ever in pain, and am able to function and go through the day without pain.

by C. M. on Oct 21st, 2013

I have had 3 surgeries on my back prior to meeting Dr. Ghostine. I was unable to walk because of my low back and leg pain. I was diagnosis with scoliosis. Dr. Ghostine's surgery finally got me better. I recommend him to any patient with a complex spinal disease.

by Kate Gattuso on Oct 4th, 2013

Dr. Ghostine's manner inspires confidence. He is kind and gentle. My family was impressed that he takes time to explain things. The result of my recent back surgery was excellent. He gave me my life back.

Fully Repaired show details Fully Repaired
by margaret gallard on Sep 23rd, 2013

My experience with Dr. Ghostine was very positive; he fixed EVERYTHING that has caused my back to be miserable for several years. I am very glad he was available on our insurance plan; if something happens in the future, I hope he can do the work

Sep 16th, 2013

Dr Ghostine was recommended to me by another patient who had back surgery and was very happy afterward. I saw him for a herniated disc causing sciatica and was impressed by his kind manner; he explained the surgery to me clearly and took his time. I had my surgery and since then I have felt much better and returned to work. I would strongly recommend him.

Aug 8th, 2013

My leg pain was preventing me from doing anything. After Dr. Ghostine's surgery, I am back to my normal life. Excellent surgeon!

Grateful patient show details Grateful patient
by Shaun Rickerl on Jul 26th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Ghostine by my neurologist, due to problems observed on an MRI. Dr. Ghostine recommended surgery due to severe compression in my neck resulting in severe pain and weakness on my right side. I can not recommend this doctor more, his compassion and skill were amazing and recovery was easy. I can't imagine allowing anyone else to operate on my spine and have already referred friends to him.

by michael johnson on Jul 25th, 2013

Dr. Ghostine has helped me get my life back. I was unable to walk due to a spinal injury. I am now on the road to recovery and things get better every day.

Jul 15th, 2013

Excellent doctor. My back pain feels much better after his surgery. I recommend him very highly

My life saver show details My life saver
by Andrea Austin on Jul 11th, 2013

I had a 2 cm tumor on the motor cortex of my brain. Dr Ghostine performed the surgery. He was awesome with my family before and after the surgery as well as the followup in the hospital and in his office. I have been around many doctors after the onset of cancer but this dr is a blessing!. He is well versed, very patient and very knowledgeable in his field. without him I would not be alive today!. I have made him a part of my extended family and call him my savior on earth. I feel awesome today, and able to continue my life with my family. I would recommend him to anybody who wants to be treated as a person and not a patient. He treats everyone as if they are his family members, thus caring for them in the best way possible. I LOVE DR GHOSTINE!

May 30th, 2013

I like this doctor. He is patient and respectful. He will get out of his way to help out. My neck pain is much better after his surgery

Patient, Neurology/Spinal Surgery show details Patient, Neurology/Spinal Surgery
by Siri RATNAWEERA on May 25th, 2013

Outstanding Surgeon. Exceptionally Skilled Professionally. Exceptional Bedside Manners. Was fortunate to have been treated during an Emergency Room admission and the following Spinal Surgery. Would recommend fully without any hesitation whatsoever.

May 4th, 2013

Very caring surgeon. My weakness in my legs is much better thanks to his surgery

Apr 14th, 2013

I had difficulty walking, and excruciating leg pain. Now, after the surgery, I am able to walk and my leg pain is gone. I highly recommend him, he is a great doctor

Apr 13th, 2013

Great doctor, recommend him highly

Better need surgery or he's not interested show details Better need surgery or he's not interested
Sep 13th, 2012

I was hoping that he would help me diagnosis my spine problem as the website said it was a "Comprehensive" program. However, once he saw it wasn't a surgical problemhe wasn't interested in me. After all, I had waited over an hour to see him and by now he was hungry. It didn't matter how long I waited as he had to see more patients than an average doctor should see, But why should that matter to him. The more the patients the more the money, whether you spend no more than 5 minutes with each patient. The doctor doesn't get paid by the amount of time he spends with the patient so the less the time, the more the money. Of course he had already made his assessment before he walked in the room, my case was nonsurgical so there was minimal money in it for him. Send her home as quick as possible even though you made her wait 1 1/2 hours. Don't go to see this doctor!!

Doctor's Response

I am sorry if you had to wait. Sometimes, whenever neurosurgeons are on call, we have to perform emergent surgeries, or respond to very sick patients in the hospital. This can throw off the schedule. I am sorry if I was unable to help you by offering you a surgery; if I don't see a surgical pathology I can fix, I don't offer a surgery. I wish you all the best and hope you feel better soon.

Aug 24th, 2012

A spinal tumor was found when I was unable to stand on my feet. Dr. Ghostine performed a surgery on me. Thereafter, I was able to walk and my pain resolved. I am very grateful to him. I greatly recommend him.

Jun 27th, 2012

Dr. Ghostine performed a surgery on my back. I am very thankful for his help. I gained back my life as I am able to perform many of the activities I avoided because of the leg pain. He is an excellent doctor.

Oct 21st, 2011

Great doctor!

Aug 3rd, 2011

Very skilled surgeon!

May 18th, 2011

Listens, examines, and explains diagnoses. He discussed options with you. Very knowledgeable, and excellent surgeon.

Apr 21st, 2011

Nice clinic. Staff friendly. Nice hospital. Excellent surgeon.

Mar 10th, 2011

Very Caring, knew exactly what was wrong and how to treat it. Human Great Surgeon = the way healthcare should be

Jan 11th, 2011

Excellent doctor

The Best! show details The Best!
Dec 14th, 2010

Dr. Ghostine is the best! He takes his time with his patients and explains everything clearly to his patients. I would highly recommend him.