Neurological Surgeons, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Uci Medical Group
101 the City Dr S
Orange, CA 92868
714-456-6966
Locations and availability (3)

Sep 22nd, 2014

I had a cervical fusion performed by Dr Ghostine in Aug 2014. I was very impressed with his staff and the outcome of my surgery. I will be having a 2nd surgery for my back in a few months and want Dr Ghostine to perform that surgery also. I hate he will be moving to Riverside Community in Nov instead of working out of Loma Linda.

|  Spinal Cord Stimulator  |  show details
by Sheila Leys on Aug 9th, 2014

I am very happy with my choice of Dr. Ghostine, to perform my Spinal Cord Stimulator inplant surgery.

|  Highly Recommend  |  show details
by Showalter, Jean on Jul 26th, 2014

Dr. Ghostine is thorough, compassionate, listens and genuinely cares about his patients. I had Hydrocephalus and he put a shunt in my head. I have a new lease on life. My friends cannot believe it. If I develop any spine situations he will be my first call.:)

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Marjorie Hernandez on Jun 30th, 2014

Dr.Ghostine did my back surgery and I am so grateful for the outcome. I am now virtually pain free. I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you Dr. Ghostine.

|  BACK/SPINE SURGERY  |  show details
by F J DILLARD on Jun 13th, 2014

DR GHOSTINE IS ONE OF FEW DOCTORS THAT TRULY LISTEN TO YOUR MEDICAL PROBLEMS. AFTER BEING IN PAIN FOR CLOSE TO A YEAR AND UNABLE TO STAND FOR MORE THAN 10 MINUTES I WAS DIRECTED TO THIS DOCTOR. MY LEFT LEG WAS AFFECTED FIRST WITH MY RIGHT LEG STARTING TO GO OUT ALSO. I HAD NUMEROUS EPIDURALS, BEING PAIN FREE FOR ONLY A FEW DAYS. ALL THE PAIN PILLS OFFERED NO RELIEF ONLY TO MAKE ME SICKER. AFTER HAVING BACK SURGERY(ALIF) I FEEL LIKE A NEW PERSON. I CAN WALK AGAIN AND HAVE NO MORE PAIN. DR GHOSTINE WAS VERY CARING AND PROFESSIONAL , EXPLAINING EXACTLY WHAT WOULD BE DONE AND WHY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE EXPERIENCING THE DEGREE OF PAIN (10 ) I WAS IN .

|  MD, PhD  |  show details
by Nahidh H. on May 21st, 2014

Excellent surgeons, manners. takes time to explain things. Highly recommend him with spine or brain problems. Pain free after his surgery

|  Up & Standing Tall  |  show details
by Harry A. Leu on Apr 7th, 2014

The Most Memorable was when Dr. Ghostine, said he would do the sugery, and that it would not be an easy surgery, but after being down for Three Years, I felt Dr. Ghostine was the Doctor that could make it happen and he did a fantastic job I am up and walking and doing things like getting dressed, putting on my shoes etc., with ease, and as time goes on I am doing things just as before an living a normal life, and most of all my wife is a very happy camper Thank You Dr. Ghostine...... My wife Thanks You! I would tell the whole world this part of the world about Dotor Ghostine, and day of the week....... The wor is out!!! Again Thanks a million!!!!

|  First rate doctor and staff  |  show details
by James Murphy on Apr 2nd, 2014

I consider myself blessed to have met Doctor Ghostine. Prior to seeing him I suffered intolerable pain for months. My pain was immediately relieved by the surgery he did and my recovery has been much easier than I expected. He is personable, compassionate, and gifted at what he does. My encounters with his staff were all very pleasant and they are all efficient at what they do.

|  Corrected another doctors surgery  |  show details
by David O. on Mar 13th, 2014

This is my 4th lower back surgery. I wish I would have seen Dr. S. Ghostine at Loma Linda University Hospital in Loma Linda before my surgery in 2012. I definitely would recommend Dr. S. Ghostine to any one with back issues. He is the Best Neurologist Doctor I have ever had. Dr. S. Ghostine made the correct diagnosis and explained exactly what he would be doing to correct my issue. He told me what to expect from the surgery as well as all the risks involved with the type of surgery he would be doing. Dr. Ghostine was very honest and did not sugar cote anything. He had an excellent bed side manner and did not let his ego get in the way what so ever. (Very rare with other Neurologists I have had). The previous doctor (Not at Loma Linda University Hospital) did not tell me anything of the risks and said every thing would be just fine and they do this all the time. That surgery did not go as well as expected. The evening after Dr. Ghostine performed surgery on my lower back, (L5 - S1) 100% of the pain was gone. His visit to me in the hospital was most appreciated. He took the time to listen to me (He has always done that) and gave me encouragement. Six weeks after surgery 100% of the pain is still gone and I am walking without assistance. (No walker, no cane.)

|  Patient  |  show details
by Karl Chavarria on Feb 12th, 2014

Six weeks ago I was admitted into the ER unit at Loma Linda University Medical Center for a ruptured disc at the L4-5 vertebrae,compounded by spinal stenosis resulting in compression of the cauda equina ,thus creating severe pain and the onset of paralysis from my waist down. I was immediately placed into surgery . Dr. Ghostine said to me your a miracle prior to discharging me for I had lost all feeling in my lower extremities and control of my bowels, WOW!!! I'm forever grateful, Dr. Ghostine he is truly the miracle worker quite the professional in his field , I'm well on my way to a full recovery.

by Michael F Johnson on Jan 10th, 2014

In March of I received the news that I was going to need a spinal fusion between my C4 to C6 due to a damaged C5 vertebrae. I was heading for paralysis. I m now in recovery due to the efforts of Dr. Ghostine. Had it not been for his efforts, I would not be walking today.

|  Spinal Stenosois  |  show details
by Mike T on Dec 28th, 2013

Great Doctor, great guy wonderful work and a great bedside manner. Am VERY happy with doctor and staff, they have been attentive to me and my needs. Kudos to Loma Linda Hospital for having some of the most caring nurses I have ever met. Thanks, Mike T Male, 64 years old and now free from back pain. highly recommend

|  Spinal Fusion Surgery  |  show details
by Dora Villanueva on Nov 30th, 2013

The Best! Dr. Ghostine was professional, caring, and knowledgeable. After seeing four neurosurgeons for an issue with three of my discs, and a misaligned spine, Dr. Ghostine proved to be the one to give the correct diagnosis, and perform my surgeries. After years of pain I am now in recovery and on my way to regaining my life! I am extremely grateful for having found Dr. Ghostine. I would recommend Dr. Ghostine to all my friends and family.

|  Patient  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2013

Very kind and compassionate Doctor. Would and have recommended him Cervical repair (of previous surgery), and fusion went great! Best I have felt in years!

|  Thank you Dr. Ghostine  |  show details
by D. on Oct 28th, 2013

I have suffered from back pain all my life. I was recently told I had scoliosis. I was treated for years with pain medications and injections. Dr. Ghostine performed a scoliosis correction. It was very hard initially, but looking back now, I would do it all over again. I am hardly ever in pain, and am able to function and go through the day without pain.

by C. M. on Oct 21st, 2013

I have had 3 surgeries on my back prior to meeting Dr. Ghostine. I was unable to walk because of my low back and leg pain. I was diagnosis with scoliosis. Dr. Ghostine's surgery finally got me better. I recommend him to any patient with a complex spinal disease.

by Kate Gattuso on Oct 4th, 2013

Dr. Ghostine's manner inspires confidence. He is kind and gentle. My family was impressed that he takes time to explain things. The result of my recent back surgery was excellent. He gave me my life back.

|  Fully Repaired  |  show details
by margaret gallard on Sep 23rd, 2013

My experience with Dr. Ghostine was very positive; he fixed EVERYTHING that has caused my back to be miserable for several years. I am very glad he was available on our insurance plan; if something happens in the future, I hope he can do the work

Sep 16th, 2013

Dr Ghostine was recommended to me by another patient who had back surgery and was very happy afterward. I saw him for a herniated disc causing sciatica and was impressed by his kind manner; he explained the surgery to me clearly and took his time. I had my surgery and since then I have felt much better and returned to work. I would strongly recommend him.

Aug 8th, 2013

My leg pain was preventing me from doing anything. After Dr. Ghostine's surgery, I am back to my normal life. Excellent surgeon!

|  Grateful patient  |  show details
by Shaun Rickerl on Jul 26th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Ghostine by my neurologist, due to problems observed on an MRI. Dr. Ghostine recommended surgery due to severe compression in my neck resulting in severe pain and weakness on my right side. I can not recommend this doctor more, his compassion and skill were amazing and recovery was easy. I can't imagine allowing anyone else to operate on my spine and have already referred friends to him.

by michael johnson on Jul 25th, 2013

Dr. Ghostine has helped me get my life back. I was unable to walk due to a spinal injury. I am now on the road to recovery and things get better every day.

Jul 15th, 2013

Excellent doctor. My back pain feels much better after his surgery. I recommend him very highly

|  My life saver  |  show details
by Andrea Austin on Jul 11th, 2013

I had a 2 cm tumor on the motor cortex of my brain. Dr Ghostine performed the surgery. He was awesome with my family before and after the surgery as well as the followup in the hospital and in his office. I have been around many doctors after the onset of cancer but this dr is a blessing!. He is well versed, very patient and very knowledgeable in his field. without him I would not be alive today!. I have made him a part of my extended family and call him my savior on earth. I feel awesome today, and able to continue my life with my family. I would recommend him to anybody who wants to be treated as a person and not a patient. He treats everyone as if they are his family members, thus caring for them in the best way possible. I LOVE DR GHOSTINE!

May 30th, 2013

I like this doctor. He is patient and respectful. He will get out of his way to help out. My neck pain is much better after his surgery

|  Patient, Neurology/Spinal Surgery  |  show details
by Siri RATNAWEERA on May 25th, 2013

Outstanding Surgeon. Exceptionally Skilled Professionally. Exceptional Bedside Manners. Was fortunate to have been treated during an Emergency Room admission and the following Spinal Surgery. Would recommend fully without any hesitation whatsoever.

May 4th, 2013

Very caring surgeon. My weakness in my legs is much better thanks to his surgery

Apr 14th, 2013

I had difficulty walking, and excruciating leg pain. Now, after the surgery, I am able to walk and my leg pain is gone. I highly recommend him, he is a great doctor

Apr 13th, 2013

Great doctor, recommend him highly

|  The Miracle Doctor  |  show details
by Victor Craig Hindman on Jan 25th, 2013

I went to Dr Ghostine in November 2011 without the use of my legs, suffering Chronic Back Pain as well as a very severe curved Spine all caused by several (7) Back Surgeries performed by an Orthopedic Surgeon in Fullerton. Most of which ended with dibilitating Staph Infections. Dr Ghostine perfomed surgery #1 (12/2011) Cleaning scar tissue from my spinal canal resulting in some use of my legs. Dr Ghostine would not give up so he

|  Better need surgery or he's not interested  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

I was hoping that he would help me diagnosis my spine problem as the website said it was a "Comprehensive" program. However, once he saw it wasn't a surgical problemhe wasn't interested in me. After all, I had waited over an hour to see him and by now he was hungry. It didn't matter how long I waited as he had to see more patients than an average doctor should see, But why should that matter to him. The more the patients the more the money, whether you spend no more than 5 minutes with each patient. The doctor doesn't get paid by the amount of time he spends with the patient so the less the time, the more the money. Of course he had already made his assessment before he walked in the room, my case was nonsurgical so there was minimal money in it for him. Send her home as quick as possible even though you made her wait 1 1/2 hours. Don't go to see this doctor!!

Doctor's Response

I am sorry if you had to wait. Sometimes, whenever neurosurgeons are on call, we have to perform emergent surgeries, or respond to very sick patients in the hospital. This can throw off the schedule. I am sorry if I was unable to help you by offering you a surgery; if I don't see a surgical pathology I can fix, I don't offer a surgery. I wish you all the best and hope you feel better soon.

Aug 24th, 2012

A spinal tumor was found when I was unable to stand on my feet. Dr. Ghostine performed a surgery on me. Thereafter, I was able to walk and my pain resolved. I am very grateful to him. I greatly recommend him.

Jun 27th, 2012

Dr. Ghostine performed a surgery on my back. I am very thankful for his help. I gained back my life as I am able to perform many of the activities I avoided because of the leg pain. He is an excellent doctor.

Oct 21st, 2011

Great doctor!

Aug 3rd, 2011

Very skilled surgeon!

May 18th, 2011

Listens, examines, and explains diagnoses. He discussed options with you. Very knowledgeable, and excellent surgeon.

Apr 21st, 2011

Nice clinic. Staff friendly. Nice hospital. Excellent surgeon.

Mar 10th, 2011

Very Caring, knew exactly what was wrong and how to treat it. Human Great Surgeon = the way healthcare should be

|  Never In My Nursing  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2011

I have been a ,or I should say had been a nurse for over 30 years up until "05" when a Dr. Jeffery Gaffery used 8 in bolts, 3/4 wide to put in me, i weighed 116 at the time, as was to only have had a lamectomy L-5 S-1, but when I woke up I knew something was terribly wrong wrong. I also was taken off the heavy narcotics I had been on for over 2 years, and he had spoken with my Pain Management Doctor who told him "Do not touch her med's she is currently on" He said he would not do so, but then took me off everything, and I ended up going into acute narcotic withdrawls, and never was given anthing fot detox protocol. I then ended up curled up in s ball due to the sever cramping in my stomach, bone pain all the normal signs/symptoms one has coming off Ms Contin, and Duragesic. They also gave me medications that I had told them I was allergic to, and refused to tell me what medications they were giving me, the nurses stated"Just take them"I ended up with RSD, Neurogenic bowel/bladder, numbness on my right mid back area, right buttocks, right leg weakness, my right leg goes out from under me, I can't wear shoes on my right foot as my toes curl up, I have many memory problems, and when I woke up I had lost my memory 100%, and could not spell at all. I also did not ever have my doctor ever call me when I called him for help, for pain medication, his PA finally came in, and stated"just push the black buttom" I stated" I would if it was plugged in to the wall, and into my IV" he then turned around and saw that the machine had been removed from my IV, and moved across the room, and that I had not been able to get any pain medication. He said he would have a nurse come ASAP, 4 hours later one came, and hooked it up.The excuse was that if you give a pain shot you have to unplug, this pump, This is NOT TRUE AT ALL!!!!Ok, now as for Dr. Ghostine. I just can't believe the difference betwene him, and that other doctor. For onething he didn't just see me for 5 minutes, and then send someone in to schedule an appointment for surgery for me.He talked to me, and this was also after I had been seen by another doctor first, and examined for a very very long time, as least 45-90 minutes. I have never seen anything like this before in all the years I have been a nurse. Then Dr. Ghostine came in, and he too did a great evaulation of me, and ordered several films to be done. He said that I had things that I knew I had, but have never been able to get anyone to tell me this, or dx with it. so I just have been living with such intense pain all the time that I can't function. I don't have a life at all.I don't want more pain medications!!! I just want the pain to go away. I have been on the same pain meds for ove 5 years, and I do know that I need to increase them for me to get relief, but I also do not want to be all sleepy, and drugged out either.I looked at his site, and finally have hope. My dear friend was just in a motercycle accident the otherday, as he had a brain anurysurm, and it really got me thinking about my own health, the way I am living, ect. I just want more for me. I also want to be able to get back doing what I waw so great at, nursing, as that was my PASSION, and he took it away from me.I know that dr. Ghostine was sent to me for a reason, my other doc refered me, like my dear friend who left this place not to long ago used to say "It's A Godsidence"Thank You Dr. Ghostine for your being here to help us all!Deboran Wesson

Jan 11th, 2011

Excellent doctor

|  The Best!  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2010

Dr. Ghostine is the best! He takes his time with his patients and explains everything clearly to his patients. I would highly recommend him.