Dr. Sami David MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 26th, 2016
No Show
Dr. David did not even show up for my appointment, after spending hours driving to the city for an apt made months ago I was told by the receptionist that he was not in the office. He also does not accept any insurance, just the initial consultation is $800, which I was even willing to pay with the expectation, but clearly he nor his staff care about their patients, which is a shame considering most are desperate for a family and willing to do anything.

April 27th, 2016
First let me start by saying my twins will be 24 this summer and not a birthday goes by with out me thinking about the dr and his staff. He basically held my hand during the 8 months I was seeing him. After 8 months he recommended we look into Ivf and he suggested some dr. I never needed to call those Ivf doctors since I found out I was pregnant the next week THANK YOU dr David for my twins

December 18th, 2015
Best doctor around for infertility. Would recommend him to anyone desperately wanting to get pregnant and having difficulty. Because of Dr. David I have 2 beautiful healthy children.

October 26th, 2015
WORST MEDICAL EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!
After my experience there I am shocked there isn't an extensive list of complaints from this past year - I really wonder how they are able to avoid or block that from happening. I wish I had been more discerning when looking at reviews of this practice before signing up - because the fact that there are only a few posted (good and bad) after so many years of him being in practice should have been a warning sign. At some point in time this doctor might have been amazing, but now it's literally a joke. You have your 800$ consultation via Skype and then you never see or hear from him again. (Apparently now he's back in the clinic) but my experience was that after one month of being a patient I was informed via email that he was closing his doors 27 days later to be a "consultant" to the world. I kid you not. I got this email one day after having my first IUI - not exactly a non stressful thing to receive. Immediately i had to get back into action to see what new doctor I'd have to transfer to and considering i'd just started with this clinic I felt beyond deceived. I spent the next 20 plus days in stress and using more precious time trying to figure out where to go and writing emails to the clinic trying to get clarity. (BTW his staff also had no idea what was going on). With the deadline of the clinic closing near and patients clearly demanding refunds and showing their displeasure with the situation - I then received a second email saying after the outcry of his patients became too loud to ignore - he was "back from his world book tour"( seriously?) and that he would now be the only person at the practice and his whole staff would be let go except for the receptionist. Within that 27 day countdown the nurse had personally given me her word to stick with me until I finished my 2nd iui so that I wouldn't lose at least that months try which I appreciated ...but to say it was within a calm and ideal environment of course was impossible for her to provide. For anyone that has been on a fertility journey the last thing you want to stress you out - is the FERTILITY CLINIC ITSELF which pretty much sums up my entire experience there. Also important to note is that following my second IUI I wound up in the ER (twice within one week) in excruciating pain and unable to physically move for over a month as a result of hyper-ovarian stimulation for using Clomid for the first time. Without going into the details of that - I can say I never received any follow-up from the doctor or clinic minus the actual days I called to report I was in the ER. In fact the only way they knew what was going on or how I was - was solely dependent on me contacting them. Great care or concern? I think not. It's scary actually to think to have put my body and trust in their care as well as a lot of my money I could have put to someone that actually cared. The ethics at this clinic are questionable both in medical practice as well as financially. Just as one example .... I was going to be billed to speak to the doctor after I demanded a phone call from him following his first email saying he was hitting the road! Only after expressing anger about the fact I believed he owed his patients the courtesy of a phone call after ditching us - did the front desk manager say she could "waive" the fee - which i think is normally around $250 dollars for 15 minutes to talk to him . As was her usual manner, she made it seem like she was doing me a big favor! REALLY?!!! I could go on and on and I wish I could put my email on here to let any woman considering going here access to ask me any question because that's how strongly i feel about this place being an absolute joke and disaster. It's amazing what someone wanting a baby is willing to accept dealing with - and it's horrible how easily and with little conscious this practice preys on those that are feeling desperate. I think at one point this was a very good place but today - no way - I say in the strongest terms possible - do not give this place even one penny and even more importantly any precious time.

April 27th, 2015
One of the worst medical experiences of my life!

February 8th, 2015
He is incredible - compassionate, thorough and unbelievablely positive during emotional and stressful times.

September 19th, 2014
If you are looking for the best, you have found him!
A choir of angels could not adequately sing the praises of Dr. Sami David. I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but consulted with him over the phone. He is personable, kind and above all highly professional. His office staff was always courteous, extremely helpful and served as a seamless conduit for timely communication with the busy doctor. But most importantly, Dr. David gave us our little Sofia. I have no doubt that without his expert guidance our local REs would never have conceived her. His knowledge far out paces that of his colleagues’, but what really sets him apart in his field is that he does not treat his patients as statistics. I was 42½ years old when I first spoke with him and he NEVER mentioned my age as a cause of infertility or even a concern! He quietly went about his work making sure that there were no medical impediments to conception and once everything was ruled out he suggested IVF. He monitored my progress through 2 failed IVF cycles (run completely by my doctors here in Los Angeles) and then stepped in on our third and final attempt. He altered the drug protocol for the third cycle significantly lowering the dosages and thus reducing egg production by half. My local RE’s partner wanted to cancel the cycle due to “poor” egg production. We ended up with 4 top quality embryos – from eggs retrieved less than 3 months before my 44th birthday - transferred only two of the embryos, and welcomed little Sofia into the world 9 months later. Dr. David promises no miracles, yet through practicing his own revolutionary brand of compassionate, patient centered medicine, he delivers them!

September 18th, 2014
AMAZING!!! Wish I could give them 10 Stars!
I just can't say enough about how great Dr. David and his staff are. I see other reviews with some negativity and can't even relate at all. THEY ARE WRONG. If I could give him 10 stars...I would. His nurse practitioner, Kerry IS amazing. After trying for months with NYU and feeling helpless, Dr. David and his staff of nurses was the answer. They are a boutique office and offer the best one-on-one care. They call you back the same day and communicate with you via email as well. It's an individualized protocol and they get to the root of your issues like real medical detectives. They don't force IVF, drugs or any other agenda on you. It's all about what you need and not what makes their pocket fatter. It's what you should expect from a doctor and not the horrible baby mills out there. They are a sensitive, incredibly optimistic, and knowledgeable staff. Seriously A+. They watch you like a hawk and after clearing up a few issues, we were pregnant on our 3rd month with them. I could go on and on but in a nutshell, I highly recommend them. I wish I could have stayed with them my whole pregnancy and I'm so sad to leave.

June 12th, 2014
Amazing Doctor
I can't say enough kind words about what Dr. David has done for our family. Dr. David was so kind and positive at a time when I had little hope. He laid out a plan of what to check and quickly found issues that we resolved. His team is very professional and stayed in close contact with me every step of the way. Within 3 months of seeing him, I was pregnant. Dr. David monitored me closely throughout my first trimester to make sure everything was progressing and now I have a beautiful baby girl that I'm absolutely in love with thanks to him.

May 14th, 2014
I had had couple of IUIs & IVF each; all at the best clinics around. All I heard was my eggs were no good (I was 27 then). With a recorded high FSH of 24 & AMH as low as 0.17, I was determined to prove all of them wrong. Needless to say I was doing acupuncture, diet, yoga & what not. I recall my husband telling me my every breath & thought, each cell in my body was as preoccupied with TTC. I would cry for hours, often shout with grief & get into major depression because I couldn't believe how my body could fail me? Having babies (lots of babies!) was all I had wanted for a long time... And then I came across Dr. David's book. Despite very meagre financial resources, my husband supported me whole heartedly to see Dr. David & we were impressed in the first meet. What followed were bunch of tests for both of us, some for me each month. Sixth month after I had first met him, we were beginning to get anxious as every penny was out of our already limited earnings & it was getting very stressful. It was a catch 22 for us because stress of spending out of pocket so heavily would affect fertility but not spending would leave us guilty of 'not doing it all' too. One day I got a call from his RN suggesting my painful periods could be due to endometriosis & that Dr. David would like to rule that out. It seemed crazy because despite painful periods I didn't have some vital symptoms of endo. Husband & I met Dr. again & he suggested he would also do a gentle DC, hysteroscopy. We agreed with very serious prayers this work out because surgery is no fun for your body & your wallet. What followed seems like a wonder to every doctor I met later: Dr. David found a fibroid on my right Fallopian tube. The tube could never pick up the egg so I never conceived naturally. For certain reasons we didn't TTC until 2 months after the surgery but third month when we did, I DID CONCIEVE! Can never forget RNs calling me to congratulate: the words had longed to hear for so long. And I got exactly what I wanted: an angle! My family & I will forever be in debt of Dr. David.

April 28th, 2014
So grateful for Dr. David and his staff
After reading several other books on fertility I picked up a copy of Making Babies. The approach in this book is more of a holistic one, looking at your entire body and empowering you to know it and understand it, before approaching fertility issues with a narrow scope. I was so intrigued that I looked up the author and serendipitously he was a local NYC doctor! I made an appointment and in my first visit with Dr. David he was asking me questions and uncovering issues my OB GYN had not. Dr. David did not automatically assume I needed hormones or should jump into IVF right away, as some other doctors had recommended in a first phone consultation. He uncovered an infection, a thyroid issue and a blood clotting issue, all which he effectively treated (and none of which my OB GYN ever tested for). Within 3 months of my first visit I successfully conceived and stayed pregnant. I remained under Dr. David’s care while I searched for a new OB GYN, which his staff helped me with. Months and months later I received calls from his staff checking in on me just to see how I was doing. I found Dr. David’s staff to be professional and knowledgeable, while also being sensitive and empathetic. Their patients are dealing with a stressful and emotional time in their lives, and they made me feel my emotions and questions were all very valid. I’m so grateful for Dr. David’s approach and knowledge, as well as his entire team’s care and support during my time there. I highly recommend Fifth Avenue Fertility. As a quick note on some of the negative reviews - Yes, this is an expensive doctor and no, he does not take insurance. As a consumer or patient it is your choice where to go and how much to spend. He can't guarantee results with something like fertility, but he's one of the top doctors in Manhattan and with him you can be sure you are giving it the best shot. Also, I never felt taken advantage of. He does not charge by time, never charged me for a phone call or the dozens of emails I sent his staff - some of those claims are just not true. Ultimately, when I look at my daughter, I can happily say it was worth every penny.

March 30th, 2014
Dr. David and his staff took impeccable care of us while we were dealing with a number of fertility challenges. While other specialists gave us little to no hope of conceiving naturally - or with my own egg - Dr. David gave me faith and assurance that it could happen. He asked questions and investigated health concerns that no other fertility specialist had (and we had seen a few). After six months of careful medical care and dietary changes, we successfully conceived. Dr. David and his staff took great care of me during my first trimester as well. We now have a beautiful, healthy, baby girl. If you are experiencing fertility challenges, I strongly recommend visiting Dr. David.