Dr. Sami Khella MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

September 13th, 2016
Worst Doctor I have ever seen. Gave me the wrong diagnosis then had his asst call me 5 weeks later to relay this info, asked for direction been 6 weeks still waiting for for a call. Penn is over rated. I received better treatment for my dog at the Penn Vet clinic

August 4th, 2016
University of Pennsylvania is OVERrated
Completely wrong diagnosis and does not return phone calls. He requests medical records but does not review them. My visit was a complete waste of time.

January 31st, 2015
Don't Waste Your Time With Dr. Khella
IF I COULD GIVE THIS "DOCTOR" NO STARS I WOULD. Every time I leave his office, I am almost in tears because of the lack of care I receive from Dr. Khella. 6 years ago I had brain fluid pouring out of my nose from a condition called Pseudotumor Cerebri. I had surgery to stop the leak, but have been dealing with the effects of this condition ever since. Fast forward to about 5 months ago when I first started seeing Dr. Khella. The first time I visited his office he told me that he didn't believe I had Pseudotumor, and sent me away with pain meds. I told him that I had been previously diagnosed by another Dr. (who was excellent by the way), and that I am almost certain that I have this very rare condition. After I demanded that he test me for the condition, my results came back positive! Since finding out that I have Pseudotumor Cerebri, Dr. Khella has done NOTHING to help me!!! All he ever does is shove more pain meds down my throat, while my condition slowly worsens. As I sit here and type this, I am in severe pain :( I dont hate Dr. Khella as a "person", but I do hate that he is allowed to treat patients! Every time I leave his office I feel ripped off due to his lack of professionalism, expertise, and because of the money I waste in co-payments to see him. I WILL NOT BE RETURNING TO HIS OFFICE!!! I am going to ask my Primary Dr. to recommend a more caring, sincere, and educated Neurologist.

September 21st, 2013
He's absolutely wonderful
Dr.Khella was fantastic. He was thorough, kind and very easy to talk to. He spent around an hour with me as a new patient, didn't order superfluous tests, answered every question and alleviated all of my fears. As with most specialists I had to wait 3 months for an initial appointment and it wasn't easy to navigate the campus at Presby. Their map was unclear and the receptionist isn't the warmest person on the planet. However, if you're looking for a fantastic neuro look no further.

August 27th, 2012
Symptoms Lasted 1.50 Years Without Diagnosis
After 5-6 doctors prior it wasn't till Dr. Khella that I received any answers. He examined and came to a determination and actually showed me the effected area on film. After 15 MRI, CAT and Spinal Taps the others had no answers. It only took Dr. Khella one properly executed MRI to get the answers. Great Doctor

July 28th, 2012
Finally a neuro. who validates your feelings about our health...
I'm a new patient and I couldn't be more satisfied with my choice of neuro. Although he is a very busy dr. He gives you time to ask all the questions one may have...he's also open to new meds and to fully discuss them without feeling rushed.

April 23rd, 2012
I was so impressed with Dr. Khella. So nice to have a doctor thats compassionate.

July 27th, 2016