Dr. Sami Yasin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

September 17th, 2016
INSURANCE SCAMMER
LIKES:0 DISLIKES: 3 PLUS HOUR WAITING TIME HAVE TO GO EVERY MONTH TO TELL U TO QUIT SMOKING SO HE CAN BILL MEDICARE $40. HE CHARGES MEDICARE $200 FOR A PCP VISIT WHICH SHOULD BE NO MORE THAT $100 IF TREATING BLOOD PRESSURE AND SOME PAIN. GETS YOU HOOKED ON OPIATES FOR YEARS AND DROPS YOU OFF , NOT WEANING AS A DR SHOULD. HE OVER BOOKS HE ORDERS TESTS THAT ARE NOT NEEDED. STRAIGHT UP CROOK

July 13th, 2016
Surviving patient
after several years of attending that office every month; with a good 3hr average waiting time; I was given an ultimatum to transfer my pain medications to morphine, when I refused the Dr, walked me out and refused me that visit.-that was the best day ever in that office-Leaving there for good

January 19th, 2016
Ignorant, rude and uncaring
I wrote this same review on another website and am posting it here too. I'm going to address the straw that broke the camels back. I pray this doesn't happen to anyone else. Was sick for well over a year for one week out of every month. To make a long story short every time I saw him and nothing showed up on basic blood tests he'd say "you seem fine whenever you're here" or "You're a healthy weight". Eventually I wound up 82 pounds (I started at 138) after a bad bout of throwing up & diarrhea. I'd been to emergency before the vomiting started and was sent home so when I saw Dr. Yasin he didn't do anymore tests though I told him I'd been vomiting every couple of hours for two days. Later I was admitted to the hospital by emergency for a potassium level of 2.5. Ran tests and only found chronic inflammation in my stomach via scope. What illness did he decide to discharge me with before leaving the hospital? ANOREXIA NERVOSA though I'd been telling him all year I did NOT do this to myself intentionally. Kicked him to the curb and got a new Doctor now. SO LONG!

September 28th, 2015
Disappointed
I had great respect for Dr Yasin and trusted him. No matter how long i waited i always thought the care was worth it. However i put too much trust into a Dr i thought actually cared. But my worst fear beame a reality today when i was dropped. I thought this Dr was never like this. First oath is do no harm. Would that include emotional harm when they drop poor patients like hotcakes and pick up patients who have better ins? Funny how I'm dropped by two Drs a week within the Popes visit. Glad to see humanity improving. I will never see Dr Yasin in the same light. Especially after knowing how devastated i would be if i needed a new Dr.

December 9th, 2014
finally dropped him
He is dreadful about appointments! A 'noon' appt with Sami means "4 PM". Every single time I was there an angry patient would storm out of the waiting room having been kept waiting for hours, like I was. When you FINALLY see him, he runs into the exam room saying "I'm running late!", and a glance at the nurse's notes, write a script and hurries out the door. The appt last about 5 mins.

July 14th, 2014
Wait,wait,wait till u see home and bedside manner is rather nasty
The waiting time in his waiting room is crazy. The two to three hour time is disgusting when your sick. You then wait in the exam room for at least 1/2 hour. Sitting and looking at the four walls. When he finally gets in there everything u have is because you don't eat to his liking! How many people can eat just veggies, beans, and whole grains such as plain oatmeal. Yes, people no steak,meat or any refined foods such as your breads. So when u don't eat like this you are sick cause of it. Nothing else could be wrong!! Ugh!!!

December 31st, 2013
Waiting
The wait for this doctor is horrible. You can wait over 2 hours.

August 20th, 2012
Misdiagnosed, NOT a friendly Dr., and 2 hour waiting time!
Misdiagnosed, NOT a friendly Dr., and 2 hour waiting time!

April 26th, 2012
gotta go elsewhere
some of his staff is lazy and can't be bothered checking to see if test results came in. waited over a month for a call about test results which never had not been told to me. I called them to get the results and the next day i was told to come in because of an irregularity in the tests. someone dropped the ball. what if the results had contained something life threatening and no one got back to me, then what? now i know why dr.s have malpractice insurance.

February 22nd, 2012
Ohhhhhhh doctor yasin!!!!!!!!
ive been coming for two yeasr now. what I really like is that he actually sits here and talks toy ou and takes what you say serious. he doesnt just go yay a yay a and not pay attention. i know there is always a bunch of grumnling in the waiting room about the time, but that doesnt matter to me because I know when im in the room he is going to take the time to talk. he just caught a problem with my younger daughter that could have been serious but sent her to a heart specialist in time to treat it. it could have been serious but since he was so quick to catch it everything is good. thnks so much doc!!

February 6th, 2012
Ive worked in the healthcare industry for over two decades. I started out my career as a research scientist. During this time Ive followed Dr. Yasin through three different offices. I always call him the doctors doctor. Dr. Yasin is a part of a dying breed of healthcare professionals. He doesnt believe in the door knob diagnosis where a doctor spends just enough time to make a rough assessment of the situation and splits. Most doctors I know put on a hard stop after 12 minutes. I dont understand how they can give due diligence this way. When it comes right down to it, Dr. Yasin rather put the patient in front of the almighty dollar.My wife and I have a 45 minute commute to and from the Doctors. I admit that we would sometimes dread the wait time once we got to the office. To help us out his staff told us to call when we were on the way so they would have our charts already pulled and ready to go. It was like we were sitting in the wating room the whole time. This was a tremendous help. I love the emphasis Dr. Yasin puts on preventative medicine. Honestly I think him doing that is the best thing in the word. As someone who has worked with diabetics, prevention is just as important as treatment. You cnat just give someone a pill and expect the world to be amazing. Inevitably if you keep doing the wrong things youre going to superceed all the good the medicines doing and end up further behind the eight ball. To have someone like Dr. Yasin who not only preaches, but practices it himself is a testimony to him. Ive walked into a lot of doctors offices where I have seen a 350 lb. doctor berate a patient about their diabetes. you cant expect somebody to follow a regiment if theyre looking at you saying, are you kidding me? Youre a physical mess. You want me to do something you cant evendo?This comes from the heart. You wouldnt spend 20 years following a physician to 3 different offices and each office gets further away unless you have a love/trust for him like he is family. He knows everything about me and my wife and he cares. He really does. Its priceless.

January 12th, 2012
Simply the Best
most of my life ive felt blown off by the doctors ive seen. it hurts to feel like youre not being taken seriously by the person whois responsible for ...