Dr. Samina Zaidi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

March 18th, 2016
Facts
Fact: 1. A Chaotic disorganized office incompitant, immature staff, poor communication, lack of medical knowledge and no nurse on staff. 2. I know 3 people that saw Dr. Zaidi and all 3 patients left her with great disregard for her lack of care. And high prescription writing of too many meds too fast. Resulting in physical & psychological problems that affected their livelihood. 3.These sights are a ping pong of reviews but take heed. The Dr wants those stars to be up there. A way to tell is by the extreme opposition in reviews. Example: My rating is merely facts to help others avoid a dangerous experience with their health because I care. My family member is proof of that after lost work time and hospitalization from lack of appropriate care. We are going on 6 months now of trying to heal from a very bad experience. The extremely high ratings are just to balance out the negative facts. There are plenty of good Dr's to treat you (us) as human beings. I strongly suggest for your own health and well-being to do so...

January 13th, 2016
Astounded by positive reviews
I'm surprised that there are any positive reviews of Samina Zaidi. She's rude, spends as little as 5 minutes with me, called me lazy and immature, and never listened to me. I strongly suspect she asks her patients, staff, family and friends to give fraudulently positive reviews. I always felt worse after seeing her. She follows up after visits because she wants money, not because she cares. She's got awful bedside manner. I feel bad for anyone who believes she's caring and treating them nicely.

August 10th, 2015
She knows I struggle with depression and keeps giving me meds but refuses to give me therapy and her therapists don't want to talk about your depression they want to talk about whatever you were scheduled to come in for

April 27th, 2015
Not happy
I think Dr. Zadies has been doing this line of work for too long and can be mean. The first time I had a appointment with her, I burst into tears in my car. She made me feel like I was the scum of the earth and corrected the way I said a few words. I have had speech problems my whole life and when she corrected me, it was like the mean girl in high school teasing me all over again. I do not understand why she felt the need to point out that I was pronoucing it wrong. I may not be a Doctor or be the smartest person but I do know when someone is being mean. I decided to stick it out considering I waited three months and did not have many other options, she started to be nicer and I thought maybe she was not so bad. Well after my last appointment of waiting a hour and she called someone in ahead of me that showed up forty-five min after me, only to be yelled at, I decided that no meds were worth my dignity. Maybe it was my skin color, or the illness I had, one thing was clear though, she did not respect me and no matter how much respect I showed her, the more she disrespected me. I liked Tom though and feel sorry he has to work for her, hopefully she treats her employers better. Also I will not miss having to wait 45-60 min each time I have a appointment with her. If you are a senitive person, I would not suggest going to her or if you hate waiting. Also if you are reading this Dr Zadies, I'm sorry but you can be nasty and for the first time in my life, I have felt so hurt from someone I reached out for help, that I had to write this. You say hurtful things that only make me feel worse after seeing you and the fact I had wait an hour to see you, only to get talked downed to, is very hurtful. Plus I have seen you for quite some time and I'm not writing this after one bad visit, there have been many. I would never want to give a review on one visit because even Doctors are allowed to have bad days but after searching the wed and reading other reviews, I realize that I am not the only one who feels this way.

March 27th, 2015
March 27, 2015
Dr Zaidi is an excellent doctor and she worked with me through my anxiety problems and helped me get my life back. She is a very smart, educated lady and better than any other doctor I have been to.

January 23rd, 2015
Dr Zaidi has been my Dr for many years and I personally was a radiation therapist. I have found no better than Dr Samina Zaidi MD. There good ones and as good ones, but no better. She knows when she needs to be harsh and like the wonderful lady that is Dr Zaidi, knows when to be sympathetic.

October 21st, 2014
best psych dr i have had over 15 years
Dr. Zaidi takes the time to talk with you and diagnose your needs. She is an excellent listener and doesn't rush you. She considers your input regarding medication, side effects, cost, etc. She is willing to try uncongenial medications and higher than normal doses to treat your condition. It was Dr. Zaidi and the nurse pract. Joanne Vaccani that realized that I had ADHD and not bipolar mania. They also diagnosed my OCD. I am a recovering addict and Dr. Zaidi was willing to prescribe Klonopin and Adderall to treat my conditions, so long as I am willing to take random drug tests. There is never a long wait for your appointment, it is a small practice and I have been able to get in the same or next day if I am really not feeling well. I have no issues getting medication refills and the practice automatically sends your scripts to your preferred pharmacy or mail order pharmacy. my only criticisms is that their insurance billing is slow so you never really know how much you owe, and that they are out for lunch from 12p to 2p and closed on Wednesdays. There are numerous counselors that work in the practice and Saturday/Evening hours are available. AWESOME DOC, AWESOME STAFF!

April 30th, 2014
WORST. DOCTOR. EVER!!!
She mixed up the name of the medication she prescribed me, that WAS NOT supposed to be mixed with what I was on, and I ended up in the ER. I asked her to pay my $150 ER bill and she said she prescribed the "right" medication and doesn't know why that happened. 3 pharmacists said the 2 meds. WERE NOT supposed to mixed. I've never experienced anything so AWFUL in my whole life!!! After my ER visit, she tried to put me on it - AGAIN!! She is EXTREMELY rude and unprofessional. DO NOT GO TO HER!!!

August 8th, 2013
What a freakshow...
My insurance bill says that's i am being charged for 45 minutes when in all reality, like many of the other patients here, I was diagnosed with several different disorders within 15 minutes and rushed out the door. I will agree that she is probably medicating her self as well as she is overly fidgety, doesn't let you finish sentences without interrupting etc. When asked about the medicine she was so eager and willing to write a prescription for, she explained to me there were no side effects, no risk for addiction etc. I went home and researched this myself and she could not have been more wrong. I talked to several other doctors and pharmacists about the dangers of what she was trying to push on me. I even attended a therapy session with a different doctor in the same office, who I was also billed for 45 minutes when it was probably only 20, and realized that this sideshow isn't for me. If you're a junkie trying to get pills, this is a great place! Otherwise steer clear.

October 30th, 2012
She is a very careing DR i have been to other and all thy do is give u all kind of meds but DR Zaidi looks for the meds for you and she always wont input about you and how the meds are working for u

July 26th, 2012
Plain Awful
It takes forever to see her, and when you finally do, she doesn't listen. I went there b/c my family doctor wasn't getting my meds right and Zaidi puts me back on what didn't work. She's rude and doesn't seem to care about your well being at all

May 12th, 2012
2 positive out of 9 reviews, average of 2 out of 15 - you do the math.
The reason the wait is long is not because your appointment is long, it's because she schedules three clients for the same appointment. Psychiatrists often do this in order to increase financial gain and compensate for no-shows. Most of the time, however, people make their appointments, which means that three people end up sharing the same 15 minutes. This leads to an average of 5 minutes per person so long as everyone is on schedule. This doesn't include the time she needs to do the paperwork between patients. On more than one occasion at different times of the day, I have had to wait for 1.5-2 hours. Everyone in the waiting room expressed irritability and stated that this was often the case for them as well. Those who have short waits are likely one of her first patients of the day.I find the review entitled "she walks on water" post to be particularly insulting. While I respect and am glad that this person's experience was positive and helpful, it is idiosyncratic and does not necessarily apply to others. Perhaps this person needs what Dr. Zaidi happens to be skilled at giving. The statement "We've got to remember that we have depression and our minds are not thinking correctly" is an erroneous assumption. Not all of her patients are diagnosed with depression and not all those who are suffering from depression have cognitive problems. My experience and interpretation is valid. It is unfair and just as dangerous for this person to refer to him or herself and others as invalids. In fact, many deeply intelligent thinkers we honor have had clinical depression. Even Einstein had depression. In my case, I had been referred to her for stress-related problems outside those of depression or any inability to sanely judge my environment (psychosis). While I participated in the Partial Hospitalization Program, I was told by the other counselors that I am very intelligent and insightful, so I know that my interpretations were not clouded by poor judgment and inability to think. I bonded well with the other patients and during group therapy and art therapy I was upbeat. Immediately after meeting with Dr. Zaidi, however, my demeanor plummeted. In response to "Don't be so quick to pass judgement": I was not quick to pass judgment. In fact, I worked very hard to consider her point of view. Perhaps the person who wrote this review is too quick to pass judgment on the other negative reviews.Dr. Zaidi told me I was immature and irresponsible. She told me my problems weren't chemical (yet loaded on the prescriptions nonetheless...) but rather characterological. When I explained calmly to her that I felt judged, she blamed and ignored me. The rest of the treatment team was able to witness this. I could see that they understood what I was saying but were either not allowed or too afraid to speak up. Look at the ratings. Look at others sites, too. Trust your own experience. If it is positive and helpful, then by all means continue treatment as you see fit. The problem is that there are many who not only did not receive help, but were treated with disrespect. She's not simply ineffective; she's abusive.I'm not sure how many options for psychiatrists there are in Canton or the surrounding area. Maybe she is one of the only who has availability or accepts your insurance. In that case, just be prepared and listen with a grain of salt. My experience tells me that her counselor's come off as brain washed, however, so I am reluctant to support going to see both her AND her counselors. Please seek counseling on top, if you can. There are wonderful clinicians who selflessly serve the community. One of these places is the Stark County Crisis and Intervention Center. They can at least give you information on other services.I hope that you are lucky enough to avoid this doctor, or if you can't that you remain intact. Again, if your experience is positive then that is wonderful. But I repeat: look at the numbers and then decide for yourself.