Dr. Samir Patel MD Patient Reviews

3.3

May 19th, 2017
VERY GOOD DOCTOR

March 11th, 2017
unprofessional is the kindest thing i can say
unprofessional is the kindest thing i can say .... my father needed a 3 page form filled out to get into an assisted living facility ... he sat on the form for 5 weeks and when we finally saw him specifically to get the form filled out (which we called and reminded him about the day before) , he told us we'd still have to wait 2 weeks .... we waited an hour for this shoddy treatment because he books 3 patients at a time for the same time period .... while in the office for my father's appt he took 2 phone calls, did some texting on his cell and then told a member of his staff that he wasn't going to call a nurse back (at raritan bay medical center) because she was "stupid" (and this hospital gives him privileges there) .... when I pressed him for the form - he told me he had other patients to see (I guess my dad wasn't a patient, too) ... He is one of those doctors who is in it for the money - substandard care for as many people as he can see in an hour .... telling them they need numerous appointments for nothing more than a "vitals" check .... don't waste your time or health with this one

July 9th, 2016
Time waiting
Appointment mean is nothing. who's comes in first. Dr. is great but office system is sucks.

January 17th, 2012
Terrible terrible doctor
In my opinion, he is the worst doctor i have ever dealt with. Anything more than a simple cold and he is in over his head. He does not listen when you speak, he does not return calls, and he has a very poor bedside manor. You do not put your health and well being in his hands. There are so many good doctors out there, no need to settle for this one. Some doctors graduate at the top of their class and some at the bottom!

June 11th, 2010
The worst ever - From an RN
Was assigned to him without my knowledge in an E.R. for an unexpected in-patient stay. He ordered several complex CT's (scans) without ever even seeing or speaking to me. Fortunately, I am educated, knew I could & refused the tests. As a diabetic, I am unable to wait an entire day, without eating or drinking to go through unnecessary tests. His tests were cancelled & not re-ordered by follow up specialists who at least took the time to meet & speak to me first!He had no knowledge of my genetic disorders. When he finally arrived, despite the fact that I provided him with a massive amount of text book printed literature about my history & disorders, he ignored my medical needs & only complained about his busy schedule. If he didn't have time to care for me, he should not have accepted my case. He made arbitrary decisions that truly caused me great physical & emotional pain & I was informed by several nurses that he would not return their phone calls to him, concerning my care. His communication skills cannot be rated, as they are non-existent. I survived this experience, but only because I personally have the medical knowledge to know that I am entitled to refuse anything, but suffered from ineffective care, leaving psychological scars.