Dr. Samir Shah MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 6th, 2017
Very Dismissive & Arrogant Physician
I was seen by Dr. Shah inpatient while I was suffering from other medical complications. I was very nervous & he did nothing to put me at ease. He did not ask questions that helped me better answer symptoms related to my neurological issues. In fact it became clear w/i 5 min. he was in such disbelief of my other serious concomitant medical conditions/diseases he immediately set out to disprove my prior diagnosis.. It became even more clear that this visit was a complete waste of my time when Dr. Shah made several sarcastic commemts about the medications I was taking for these diseases despite knowing my physicians yet not taking the time to know anything about how these diseases had impacted my life on a daily basis. He made me very uncomfortable w/his dismissive behavior & demeanor that made me want to run (if I could have) to the other Neurologists that were highly recommended to me & had been exceptionally warm & kind as my appt. was just around the corner. So it turns out if Dr. Shah disagrees w/your other treatment plans than you must be faking your neurological illness as he intimated about my other diseases. The only thing I can thank him for is it turned out I required emergent surgery for a disease that requires I receive IV therapy routinely. He lacked any warmth, the ability to draw information out of me that was relavent to a diagnosis & answered my husband's very direct questions w/cagey & sarcastic responses. I wish I had known his primary area of experience is w/strokes, not autoimmune disorders - although his reviews their aren't exactly stellar either. So when Dr. Shah can't determine to his satisfaction the cause of an already diagnosed disorder, he determined I was faking this issue & told me to prepare for "lots of counseling". He never once came in & just discussed possiblilities nor any diagnosis. Anytime he came into my room he would say the same thing "Do you have any questions for me" or "Do you feel better yet" all the while knowing my husband & I were waiting for him to speak to us using more than 10-15 generic words. Vet your doctors carefully & don't stay w/someone that makes you uncomfortable on the very first meeting. Warmth & competence aren't mutually exclusive & I regret staying w/a doctor that was rude to my face in a way he thought was above my intellectual ability to understand. I was always polite but he seemed clueless to the pain I was in from the surgery I had gone through. I already have found my treating Neuroligist & he specializes in autoimmune disorders, & the whole gamut of neurological disorders. He Seems to treat all of his patients w/the time & kindness they need, there are plenty of resources offered through his office & he doesn't possess a condescending bone in his body. Yes Dr. Shah I have been to counseling, to learn to take more control over my healthcare & to choose my doctors wisely. There was a time when I accepted anything a doctor told me even if it was rude or inappropriate. I no longer am that young patient, but I am still often scared. You should consider getting to really knowing your patients before you make judgements & improving your bedside manner. You were so cold & offputting at a time that couldn't have been worse & the fact that you never once said "I hope you get to feeling better" or anything remotely nice would have gone a long way in earning my trust. Instead my every instinct said run, make it through this & go somewhere else where the doctor doesn't judge or diagnose someone w/o a proper discussion that goes both ways.

September 30th, 2013
Great Doctor
Dr Shah is very professional and did a very thorough job for my husband. He has thorough knowledge about neurology and did a great job at answering questions and explaining what was going on. He is a great caring doctor that I feel blessed to have taking care of my family member.

May 25th, 2013
Patient's Husband
Dr. Shah attended my wife in the hospital after a seizure resulted in foot drop. Prompt attention to foot drop is essential to a successful recovery. Dr. Shah did NOTHING about my wife's foot drop, and his delay may have condemned my wife to a lifetime of braces, limited lifestyle, and poor health. In addition, although he appeared very thorough in examining my wife for seizure, he actually stated that since he did not see her seizure and no signs of seizure showed up while she was on the monitor, he could not confirm whether she even had one. This is very bad bedside manner. But his extreme irresponsibility in failing to attend to her other neurological condition led us to fire this group. Unfortunately other neurologists now say she should have had immediate attention to her drop foot. I do not recommend this doctor or his medical group. I recommend avoid this doctor.

July 6th, 2017