Dr. Samir Shahin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 15th, 2012
He is a very good doctor who genuinely cares about the well being of his patients. He always spends a good deal of time with me making sure that all of my needs are met.

August 5th, 2010
Dr. Shahin was very efficient and professional. he made me feel at ease. he is obviously very knowledgeable and has a great bedside manner.i would highly recommend him

August 4th, 2010
Being over 65 and having lost both family and friends and coming near the end myself I have come to appreciate fine physicians..., and I say this with extensive experience with healers. Dr. Shahin is one of the best I've ever met. He knows what he is doing, more than any other doctor I've met which is what I have no reservations traveling from the San Fernando Valley to see him. If you expect him to be on time for every appointment and he isn't, well that's just because he may be dealing with emergency or someone in dire straights.If he berates you because you're not taking care of yourself..., understand it is just more difficult for any physician to care for you if you don't take care of yourself. But when you need a healer..., Dr. Shahin is the man. This is what it is about. Getting fixed..., getting well.

August 4th, 2010
GREAT DOCTOR!!
Dr. Shahin had a great bedside manner and was extremely efficient and knowledgable. I immediately felt comfortable and appreciated his professionalism. would highly recommend him.

June 14th, 2010
I cannot recommend this doctor or the medical center that he works at/runs.I came here because he was listed under my insurance and I had a really bad cold that didn't seem to be getting better and they could see me the same day.I went in and waited for a bit and then saw the nurse/physicians assistant. She was very nice and friendly and took my vitals. The doctor then came in, Dr. Shahin Samir and seemed to be quite friendly.He checked out some things and then asked me if I had had the flu shot. I informed him that I hadn't had it and then he told me that he had had it for over 7 years and he was an advocate of getting them as there are no side-effects. He then asked me if there was a reason why I hadn't had a flu shot.I told him, not really but mainly after a talk with my mum. He then proceed to tell me that people in Beverly Hills get the flu shot all the time and uneducated and poor people look on the internet and at forums and decide to not get the shot.All I can say is that I'm surprised my mouth didn't drop open at his rudeness. I just graduated from law school last year, I'm about to enter an IVY League program at another grad school and my mum is in healthcare.I then asked him for how long would a flu shot last if I got one that day as he was pushing me to do. He seemed to get mad and just walked out of the room.Next thing I know another man comes in and gives me my prescription for Cipro (an antibiotic) and Claritin. I go and fill the prescription and about an hour after I take the Cipro my heart starts racing, my head feels funny and my feet go cold. I then drive home. As it said take 2 a day, I took the second Cipro about an hour before bed. Next thing I know, my calf muscles feel the most agonizing pain.I call the doctor the next day to see what is going on. I am told the doctor will call me back abd he never does. I call my friend from law school, who is also a lawyer and a bit more aggressive than me and she calls the doctors office. The doctor then calls me back but says he doesn't think it's the Cipro that caused my issues but my cold.A cold has never made me not be able to walk before. PLUS, the black box warnings for Cipro say 'Tendon rupture' and 'Tendonitis'. And after doing further research, I see that Cipro is not recommended to be given to people who are suffering from colds, as per the FDA.I tell Dr. Samir that I will not be taking Cipro anymore and would like a Z-pack prescription as I have had that before and suffered no side-effects.For the next week, I was unable to walk or put pressure on my right leg due to the Cipro and when I called Dr. Samir for advice again, the person on the phone told me they could prescribe me painkillers. Not wanting any painkillers or trusting that office, I said no thanks and called my cousin who is also a doctor for advice.After about 2 weeks of elevating my leg, using a heat pad, taking ibuprofen I was able to walk without a limp again.While I don't blame Dr. Shahin Samir for the side-effects I experience from the Cipro, I do blame him for prescribing it to me for a cold, when it is usually prescribed for UTI's and was used against Anthrax.I also thought he was rude, arrogant and condescending with his comments towards me in regards to the flu-shot and I would never recommend anyone to go to his office.