Dr. Samira Tahtawi MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 25th, 2016
Not Impressed
First time patient at this office. Staff was friendly & efficient. Felt like the doctor rushed me through my visit, talked over me when I was speaking, was rough during exam, didn't ask questions about history. My first visit was my last.

June 15th, 2016
She doesn't like questions
Tathawi is knowledgable, but not about everything and her bedside manner when she doesn't know something is a little frustrating. She doesn't tolerate questions well when she's not sure of the answer. Rather than just saying she doesn't know and she'll get back to you, she gets defensive and short with you. She will even boldly assert an incorrect response as a correct one to shut down the line of questioning. And if you seek a second opinion and come back to her with it, she'll deny having told you the wrong thing in the first place. She is skilled on many things, and probably for basic and common problems she's adequate, but it's hard to trust her on more complicated manners.

November 12th, 2015
Long time patient dismissed for being over 65 and on Medicare
After receiving a notice reminding me to come in for my yearly appointment, imagine my surprise when upon handing the receptionist my insurance card, I was told the doctor no longer provided service to women on Medicare. I had used my Medicare insurance for three years previously but now, without any warning, I'm no longer wanted as a patient. I know some doctors no longer accept NEW Medicare patients but I have never before heard of them dismissing a patient of several years like this. Dr. T. is a knowledgeable doctor but sensitivity isn't her long suit. I don't mind leaving her practice but I think I should have received some sort of notice about her no longer providing care to Medicare patients before wasting my time going to an appointment for nothing...not to mention being turned away in front of other patients.

March 5th, 2015
Most disappointed
I needed a new GYN, after going to the same doctor for many years who was caring, intelligent, and thorough. I was told Dr. T is wonderful and I was looking forward to the new relationship. I found her to be beautiful and bright, but she showed no patience or caring and actually left the room after I asked her a point-blank question. I was shocked and insulted by her disinterest and lack of bedside manner. I’m guessing if I were young and/or pregnant, I would have seen a different/positive side of her. I'm in my fifties with (minor) old girl issues. I will not see her again or recommend her.

January 14th, 2015
I use Dr. Tahtawi for my annual paps and she has always been amazing! I always had normal check ups until a couple of years ago. She was great at explaining the problem I was having, the best way to resolve it and ensured me everything would be fine. I would definitely recommend her skills and expertise as a gynecologist.

April 17th, 2014
Bad doctor behavior
I guess the dr is money minded I never got a bill from dr office and it went to billing services Despite paying the bill they are saying they decline to have as a patient or take up any appointments Am so glad to find the true colors now itself!!! Beware

July 24th, 2013
Best of the Best
Dr. Tahtawi is the most incredible Doctor/Woman. She is professional, brilliant, supportive, kind and above all a doctor who is all about her patients. She will do what it takes. She gave me faith in the medical profession again. I never waited more than 5 minutes for my appointments and all of her staff members are professional and delightful. There is no better practice out there.

July 8th, 2013
unable to diagnose and lack of privacy
I went to Dr. Tahtawi about 2 years ago for a chronic pain/irritation issue I'd had for years. My first appointment was very pleasant. Dr Tahtawi spent a good amount of time with me and asked detailed questions.The phone call I received from the nurse after that appt was to tell me that my issue should resolve itself if I stopped wiping from back to front after bowel movements. I asked for a follow up as I already know not to do that so it couldn't be the problem. At the second appt, the Dr told me she didn't see any reason for my issues, and as she walked out the door, she turned back to me and in a hallway in front of other patients said to me "You probably just have herpes". I was humiliated. I left with the impression that Dr. Tahtawi felt that if she couldn't easily identify the problem, then it must be the result of my own ignorance or a lack of sexual responsibility. I have never felt so disrespected or insulted by a healthcare provider. I have since found the UNC Vulvar pain clinic who confirmed that I do not have an STD. What I have is VVS. Which is not my own fault and is treatable.

September 20th, 2012
I love Dr. Tahtawi, I started seeing her shortly after I found out I was pregnant, her office was very close to my office and the reviews I read were just wonderful. So I called and got an appt. and Nicky, Nancy, everyone in the office was great. After I had my baby I was kind of sad I no longer had regular appointments. Going their felt like I was going home, they all became like family and I truly look forward to seeing them ever visit.

January 27th, 2012
Wonderful doctor, absolutely fantastic staff
Dr. T delivered my third child. Each visit to the office was a pleasure; I was always greeted with a smile and by name as soon as I walked in the door. When it was found that one of my twins had not survived the first trimester, Dr. T told me with kindness and compassion and gave me as much time as I wanted to recover myself. She provided excellent care when I had a complication following delivery and managed to prevent me from needing an emergency hysterectomy. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Tahtawi and her office.

January 25th, 2012
Dr. Tahtawi has no bedside manner whatsoever, her lack of personalized care is partially made up by her staff....her front desk secretary and nurses are great...i would not recommend her to any of my friends, she does not discuss issues in detail with her patients and is rude and insensitive....

January 12th, 2012
TOTAL HEALTH-TOTAL WOMAN - TOTALLY AWESOME!
The nitty gritty: 1 hour and 15 min will get you: an INITIAL consult, an ultra sound, labwork, followed by an immediate consult with Dr. Tahtawi about the u/s you just took: ALL IN ONE PLACE! And get this: ONE sheet of paper to fill out to get in the door! AND the doctor enters your personal info herself! You don't fill out a packet, hand it to the front desk, review it with the nurse to have the doc skim it! Nooo. You meet with the doctor in a nicely decorated room where she looks you in the eye. When you leave an exam room, someone is there to take you to the next room or exit - you are not handed a bill and a GPS. This place is all about kindness and respect without the pinky pink rooms that treat your femalehood like a handicap. The craziest part: the doctor called me herself with my test results! Who does that? Doesn't she have email or a team to handle this? Of course she does. What an incredible experience to find a doctor who cares enough about her patients to align her practice with traditional values and beauty.