Dr. Sammy Vick MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 29th, 2017
Saved my life
Had kidney stone with sepsis. Put in urinary stint and spent week in hospital. Did procedure to crush the stone.

January 4th, 2016
Former patiant
Dr. Vick himself is a very nice man. His staff, however, is largely incompetent, rude and one in particular named "Evelyn" actually hung up on me when I inquired about paperwork they needed to complete to get authorized to administer a particular testosterone replacement therapy. What should have taken twenty minutes was still not completed after 30 days.

October 10th, 2015
Dismissive ~ Condescending Attitude
My husband has been going to Dr. Vick for years and thinks he is a good guy BUT meeting him and dealing with him recently for the first time I totally want a doctor that does not have such a dismissive/condescending attitude toward questions and concerns. He doesn't care to give you much information even when you ask and spends as little time with you. When you try to pinpoint him for more specifics it is obvious he either doesn't want to waste the time or doesn't want to be questioned in length. I personally would not go to him.

September 28th, 2015
way off.
Inaccurate diagnosis. He actually disagreed with PCP diagnosis. Came up with a complete off the wall...out of the ball park diagnosis just by looking at my son. CT results come in....PCP was exactly right.

December 3rd, 2014
Horrible Experience
He reminds me of a doctor who is so full of himself he doesn't give a you know what about patients. His staff made mistake after mistake and he didn't ...

February 28th, 2014
He does not return phone calls !!! Before, During or After office hours. Had called and left three messages with staff member, she finally told me that he does not return phone calls. What kind of doctor does not return phone calls ?!?! When asked him how come he does not return phone calls and his answer was his phone was acting up....I didn't even tell him the day I called. Late for surgery because his dog got out and was at the pound. He had to go to the pound first for his dog and then arrived late to hospital to start his surgery schedule. HE HAS AN EXCUSE FOR EVERTHING !!

January 21st, 2014
Didn't make an appointment
I called in to inquire about a vasectomy procedure and in network benefits. I was told that there was a non refundable $100 deposit in a unpleasant tone, right off the bat. Um, no thank you. Not a good start to a personal procedure.

September 5th, 2013
After a two hour wait, rude staff and a doctor that really didnt care what you have to say, I decided to never go back here.

August 27th, 2013
IT Professional
Great doctor and a good man. Really cares about his patient’s health. If you need an urologist in San Antonio, he’s the guy! Thanks Doc! Stephen

July 1st, 2013
Terrible wait/staff
1 hr. and a half of waiting after being 20 minutes early to the appointment is not acceptable on any terms. Bad staff but don't blame the sailor, blame on the captain. You can be as good on your field as you can but if you treat your customers (patients) like this, well, what can we say.

February 25th, 2013
First off, I think Dr Vick is a very good physician. I have been going to him for a little over 3 years, and all was well the first 2. BUT, his current crew is terrible. My last two visits, I have had to wait over 90 mins just to get into the doctor's area, where I again waited for 10-20 mins. I like Dr Vick and trust him, but the work of his front office -- expecially in time management/patient flow -- leaves much to be desired.

November 12th, 2011
I have never in my entire life met a more arrogant or obnoxious human being. This man has a God complex and thinks he is above human kindness. I would NEVER recommend him to anyone, and I won't even be going to him for my follow up appt after my outpatient procedure. There are many docs out there...find another one!