A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sampath Kumar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sampath Kumar is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kumar
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Kumar Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sampath Kumar, FACS, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
- Colorectal Surgery
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Kumar graduated from Madras Medical College, Chennai. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Kumar has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Maimonides Medical Center
- New York Methodist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Sampath R Kumar FACS and MD is a male Surgeon, has 36 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Sampath R. Kumar practice?
- Dr. Sampath Kumar has 1 office location.
Dr. Sampath Kumar practices Surgery near Brooklyn, NY.
See Brooklyn Surgeons.