A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sampath Kumar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sampath Kumar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sampath Kumar, FACS, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
- Colorectal Surgery
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Kumar graduated from Madras Medical College, Chennai.
Dr. Kumar has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Maimonides Medical Center
- New York Methodist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kumar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 13 plans
- WellCare - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 4 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Health Plus - 4 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 4 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Sampath R. Kumar practice?
Dr. Sampath Kumar practices Surgery near Brooklyn, NY.
See Brooklyn Surgeons.