Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  past history teacher, business Medicare patient  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2012

Dr. Sampath saw me after after I had been completely screwed over by the totally negligent care for over 10 years at Contra Costa County Medical Center Family Martinez. I before had to ask and be the doctor because Martinez didn't process any of the referrals that were to have happened to discover what was causing falling asleep in a minute after waking up in mornings with severe headaches. Their PCP's didn't fill out paperwork and I to demand a particular test (sleep study) because wasn't ever processed and after test stating I had SEVERE sleep apnea they wouldn't refer me to the specialist that treats this so I left and filed complaint. Then they wouldn't give me my records until I complained to the county board of supervisors. Then my records were all wrong and had been altered. Only Dr. Sampath took time to listen to me in regard to being a team to solve health problem and get the correct care. He at least agreed that there were several specialties I needed to see because the usual treatment of my Bi-pap that I had been using hadn't improved my health at all. Then he was the first doctor who gave me the customary recheck appointment two weeks later to go over what was discovered by the ENT. He then after the very serious prognosis referred me to the other doctors I would need to visit for a consult to play the insurance game of referrals was to be treated at UCSF. He wrote the referrals. But them I was told by him a few days later when he called with my blood work results that my Contra Costa Health Plan was taking him away as a PCP at the end of March 2012. I filed a complaint! He was very kind to me.

|  Definately NOT Satisfied  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2011

I went into the office for a routine physical, the doctor was ok, I expressed two main concerns. He did the physical and order lab work as usual. I had to call to ask what are my results just to be informed they never received them. I called two weeks later to only find out they made one call to the lab and never followed up. Finally I received a voicemail a week later from the doctor with only one bit of information on one concern. He didn't address my main concern. I switched doctors to another care center. In less then three days the other center had seen me, sent me for a test to verify my concern and at that time I was informed I had cancer. A vital month was wasted with Dr Ramakrishnan.