Samuel Benesh Is this you?

Have you seen Samuel Benesh?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Samuel Benesh?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 19th, 2012

PhD

Dr. Benesh is an old school doctor. He is kind and very attentive. I've been with him for many years and he has always been accurate and reliable.

October 2nd, 2011

It took me 5 years to find a doctor where I now live in the West Coast, to come up to his level. He is proactive, very smart, and cares about his patients. I would not hesitate in an instant to reconnect with him should I ever move back to Baltimore. He is one of the best!!

September 10th, 2011

Type 1 diabetes

In 1997 I started having blurred vision, extreme thirst, weight loss, fatigue, and overall malaise. I went to Dr.Benesh and told him that I thought I had diabetes. He said there was NO WAY, I was diabetic. My husband is double boarded in internal medicine and Emergency Medicine, so I have some medical background. My younger son is a 4th year medical student at University of Md and the older son is a Physician Assistant with a masters. Dr. Benesh did an A1C test to diagnose the diabetes. I later find out that, that is not the test to diagnose diabetes, it's a glucose tolerance test. I had a friend, who is also a friend of his, who took my blood sugar and it was 168 after eating only an egg. She told me to call and tell Dr. Benesh this and he still said "You are absolutely, positively NOT diabetic" I continued to get more and more ill. Finally I was laying on the sofa and I couldn't catch my breath and I didn't know who to call. I called an old OB/Gyn who told me to get a STAT ketone and glucose test. My ketones were 11 and my blood sugar was 316. My husband called Dr. Benesh's office and the doctor there said to take Glucophage. My husband didn't think that sounded right but he was too close to the situation and Dr. Benesh was my doctor so he got me the glucophage. My husband said "If you start throwing up, wake me up" He had just worked a night shift in the ER. I threw up all night and when my husband got up, I told him and he immediately took me to Hopkins Bayview where he worked. I was in Diabetic Ketoacidosis and he took care of me in the ER. He didn't want anyone else touching me. My electrolytes were way out of wack and I WAS diabetic, Type 1. Dr. Benesh's office never told me that if I had vomiting to go to an ER. I could have easily died if not for my husband. I would never go to Dr. Benesh again under any circumstances.

July 10th, 2010

One of the best doctors I have used

I went to Dr. Benesh as my primary care doctor for about 15 years until he decided to become a Gucci doctor (MD VIP).Dr. Benesh is caring and thorough. He is not afraid to tell you if he does not know the answer to your question. I usually e-mailed him my concerns in advance of my physical and he was well prepared for my visit as a result.He kept up with current technology - took all office notes on his laptop and had good records of my history. He had the ability to draw blood in the office, an added convenience. He freely responded to questions by e-mail without making me come in for a visit. It was also apparent that he practiced what he preached in terms of diet and exercise.He tried talking me into joining his MD VIP practice, but since I aspired to see him only for my physical, $1500 was a hefty price to pay for a single visit.

September 14th, 2009

Is excellent in providing informationStaff is terrificHe makes you feel at ease and makes sure to explain any questions you may have.

July 11th, 2016