Family Physicians, Pediatrician

9375 E Shea Blvd
Ste 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
480-214-9720
Locations and availability (1)

|  Saved My Life  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2011

From the outset, he diagnosed that I had heart disease, even though the EKG done by my previous family doctor was normal and the other doctor thought I had "reflux". On my first visit, he spent almost 1 1/2 hours with me. He probed into my physical, family and emotional life. He was VERY informal and his approach made me feel I was with a "friend". I guess that this can be different for some, but, when we were done he sized up my depression, the issues I was having with being in menopause and the fact that he was very concerned about my stomach and chest pain. He also diagnosed (even before the tests were ordered and results cam back) that I was a diabetic (also missed by my previous family doc).His staff got me in to see a heart specialist the next day, I had a treadmill test shortly after and I had a catheterization after that and I had blockages of TWO arteries in my heart. They put stents in. The heart doctor thought that I was not far from a heart attack (I am only 48.). After all of this Dr. B put me on Natto to thin my blood and Artichoke Extract to lower my cholesterol because I could not tolerate the drugs that the cardiologist put me on. All through this Dr B gave me articles to read, etc.He explained what is proven and what is not.He is very honest when it comes to his natural treatments and makes clear what is proven and what is not. He is great if you REALLY want an interactive relationship, where he minces no words and where you need to follow up, use alternative treatments and read the information he gives you. If you want to just get prescriptions and you don't want to be involved in your care, he will not be the right choice. One other thing, visiting him is like no doctor you have seen before because he digs not just into your medical but family and emotional life. When you see him subsequent to your initial visit, he spends time on prevention and environment. I love him because he very comprehensive. But, if you are looking for a classic doctor visit (quick in and outs) you should probably look elsewhere.

|  show details
Jun 27th, 2011

the most caring physician I've ever been to. I am willing to pay the additional alternative fee with each visit to see a physician that also incorporates alternative medicine with traditional medicine.When was the last time your doctor spent more than 5 minutes talking with you? He's the best.

|  Not what I'd hoped for...  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2011

Have seen Dr. B for the past year.Was pleasantly surprised at his suggestion as far as cholesterol testing, familiar with the latest technology. Was very very pleased with the results of my cholesterol partical test.Six months ago his billing changed. Now each office visit has 100% involved a fee for 'alternative medicine consultation'. I tried to avoid this by sticking to the basics, but it gets added none the less.His supplements -his own brand actually did help my symptoms (headache). But $35/bottle 'alternative medicine fee' resulted in $95 fees on top of the $20 copay.He cares.I am actually turned off at his excessive chat and interest in my personal life. You will have to decide if this is right for you.He has taken personal phone calls during a visit. Unprofessional, especially when you feel like total crap.I wanted something more naturopathic, but now am wanting something a little more traditional.I disagree with his ideas, logically the huge dose of strong opiates he perscribed me were not the treatment I was hoping for in terms of my headaches. I haven't taken any of them.I met a lady who said she also had seen Dr. B, she said he was completely nuts and had recommended her to a psychologist for her physical symptoms.I am never going to Dr. B again. In all honesty, his pricey supplements did work for what was wrong with me at the time. Herbal headache stuff not the opiates.I get the vibe he is having money problems from his comments of how expensive it is for him to have his own line of supplements, and his remarks at how primary care doctors are not adequately compensated, how he can't afford to see medicare patients. Expect a personal and somewhat political conversation if you see Dr. B.Not for me. If I think I'm pregnant I want him to suggest a pregnancy test, not a bunch of knock-me-out pills.Recommend taking a pass on Dr. B. But check out his radio show and decide for yourself.