Dr. Samuel Bowen II MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

August 12th, 2015
Will tell you the truth but you may not like it
I have been seeing Dr. Bowen for 4 years now. He has worked with me to help with my back pain and did surgery on me in 2012. He is extremely honest about options and what my chances are for pain relief. Even though It may not be what I want to hear (he doesn't have the best bedside manor but if you want someone to give it to you straight go to him!) I would recommend him but take his personality with a grain of salt.

August 6th, 2015
Not many questions touched me with one finger no interduction or handshake very weird

July 5th, 2015
Dr. Samuel Bowen was amazing. He checked on me every day before the surgery discussing options and the importance of the surgery. He was by my bed when I went under and when I woke up from the surgery. I would highly recommend him. He "fixed" my back quickly so I could regain a normal lifestyle.

May 5th, 2015
Excellent results. Very skilled surgeon who told me exactly what the process would be and I recommend him highly.

October 9th, 2014
Pinched nerve
Dr Bowen did surgery for a pinched nerve. Walked out of hospital with no pain in back and leg. Thanks Dr. Bowen A great surgery well done.

August 24th, 2014
Rude doctor
I have been seeing doctor Bowen since 2009 for back problems. He is one of the most hateful doctors I have ever encountered. He seems to be very uncaring about patients. He seems to be angry and sullen. It is hard to figure out if the anger is addressed at me or if he is just an angry person.

May 22nd, 2013
rude and uncaring
If you are not a male don't bother. He apparently dosent want female patient esp if you are over weight. I saw him roll his eyes at me! Pitiful!

July 30th, 2012
Dr. Bowen put plates in my mothers neck. Since then she has been in constant pain. Another doctor had to go in and fix what Dr. Bowen screwed up, turns out the the first surgery caused nerve damage. I do not recommend this doctor!

March 10th, 2010
ACD & Fusion on my Neck on my C4 repair
Dr. Samuel Bowen was awesome! He was very thorough with me in diagnosing me. He made sure I knew what was wrong with me, where it was located, he had visual assist's to show me exactly what needed to be done to help my situation. He told me what he could do to improve my overall way of life, then he explained what he might not be able to help, he explained in detail and gave me odds and percentages of what usage I might have and used it according to his experience with other patients that has had this done in the past. He explained to me that all patients are different and all react in different manners, all I can say is good things as far as my surgery goes, I have full motion of my neck and my shoulder. I am a little weak in my arm, but I am learning to live with that. It actually ended up right opposite, he said he probably couldn't help the movement alot in my neck and in my shoulder a whole lot, but he could improve my arm mobility. But he improved my neck and my shoulder and that was most important to me. I will live with my arm and hopefully one day it will get stronger on it's own.

October 11th, 2009
Fantastic Experience
Highly skilled and specialized. Accurate diagnosis. Scheduled surgery to meet my schedule. Accurate expectations of recovery. Called frequently before surgery to check my condition and ease anxiety. Could not have asked for anything better.

May 9th, 2017