Neurological Surgeon
3125 Independence Dr
Ste 200
Birmingham, AL 35209
205-986-5200
Locations and availability (3)

|  rude and uncaring  |  show details
by shelly h. smith on May 22nd, 2013

If you are not a male don't bother. He apparently dosent want female patient esp if you are over weight. I saw him roll his eyes at me! Pitiful!

|  show details
Jul 30th, 2012

Dr. Bowen put plates in my mothers neck. Since then she has been in constant pain. Another doctor had to go in and fix what Dr. Bowen screwed up, turns out the the first surgery caused nerve damage. I do not recommend this doctor!

|  ACD & Fusion on my Neck on my C4 repair  |  show details
by Cheryl (Sherry) Smith on Mar 10th, 2010

Dr. Samuel Bowen was awesome! He was very thorough with me in diagnosing me. He made sure I knew what was wrong with me, where it was located, he had visual assist's to show me exactly what needed to be done to help my situation. He told me what he could do to improve my overall way of life, then he explained what he might not be able to help, he explained in detail and gave me odds and percentages of what usage I might have and used it according to his experience with other patients that has had this done in the past. He explained to me that all patients are different and all react in different manners, all I can say is good things as far as my surgery goes, I have full motion of my neck and my shoulder. I am a little weak in my arm, but I am learning to live with that. It actually ended up right opposite, he said he probably couldn't help the movement alot in my neck and in my shoulder a whole lot, but he could improve my arm mobility. But he improved my neck and my shoulder and that was most important to me. I will live with my arm and hopefully one day it will get stronger on it's own.

|  Fantastic Experience  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2009

Highly skilled and specialized. Accurate diagnosis. Scheduled surgery to meet my schedule. Accurate expectations of recovery. Called frequently before surgery to check my condition and ease anxiety. Could not have asked for anything better.