Will tell you the truth but you may not like it show details Will tell you the truth but you may not like it
Aug 12th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Bowen for 4 years now. He has worked with me to help with my back pain and did surgery on me in 2012. He is extremely honest about options and what my chances are for pain relief. Even though It may not be what I want to hear (he doesn't have the best bedside manor but if you want someone to give it to you straight go to him!) I would recommend him but take his personality with a grain of salt.

Aug 6th, 2015

Not many questions touched me with one finger no interduction or handshake very weird

Jul 4th, 2015

Dr. Samuel Bowen was amazing. He checked on me every day before the surgery discussing options and the importance of the surgery. He was by my bed when I went under and when I woke up from the surgery. I would highly recommend him. He "fixed" my back quickly so I could regain a normal lifestyle.

May 5th, 2015

Excellent results. Very skilled surgeon who told me exactly what the process would be and I recommend him highly.

Pinched nerve show details Pinched nerve
by Glenda Watson on Oct 8th, 2014

Dr Bowen did surgery for a pinched nerve. Walked out of hospital with no pain in back and leg. Thanks Dr. Bowen A great surgery well done.

Rude doctor show details Rude doctor
Aug 24th, 2014

I have been seeing doctor Bowen since 2009 for back problems. He is one of the most hateful doctors I have ever encountered. He seems to be very uncaring about patients. He seems to be angry and sullen. It is hard to figure out if the anger is addressed at me or if he is just an angry person.

rude and uncaring show details rude and uncaring
by shelly h. smith on May 22nd, 2013

If you are not a male don't bother. He apparently dosent want female patient esp if you are over weight. I saw him roll his eyes at me! Pitiful!

Jul 30th, 2012

Dr. Bowen put plates in my mothers neck. Since then she has been in constant pain. Another doctor had to go in and fix what Dr. Bowen screwed up, turns out the the first surgery caused nerve damage. I do not recommend this doctor!

ACD & Fusion on my Neck on my C4 repair show details ACD & Fusion on my Neck on my C4 repair
by Cheryl (Sherry) Smith on Mar 10th, 2010

Dr. Samuel Bowen was awesome! He was very thorough with me in diagnosing me. He made sure I knew what was wrong with me, where it was located, he had visual assist's to show me exactly what needed to be done to help my situation. He told me what he could do to improve my overall way of life, then he explained what he might not be able to help, he explained in detail and gave me odds and percentages of what usage I might have and used it according to his experience with other patients that has had this done in the past. He explained to me that all patients are different and all react in different manners, all I can say is good things as far as my surgery goes, I have full motion of my neck and my shoulder. I am a little weak in my arm, but I am learning to live with that. It actually ended up right opposite, he said he probably couldn't help the movement alot in my neck and in my shoulder a whole lot, but he could improve my arm mobility. But he improved my neck and my shoulder and that was most important to me. I will live with my arm and hopefully one day it will get stronger on it's own.

Fantastic Experience show details Fantastic Experience
Oct 11th, 2009

Highly skilled and specialized. Accurate diagnosis. Scheduled surgery to meet my schedule. Accurate expectations of recovery. Called frequently before surgery to check my condition and ease anxiety. Could not have asked for anything better.