Dr. Samuel Bridgers Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Samuel Bridgers?

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Samuel Bridgers?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

September 15th, 2015

I've seen Dr. BRIDGERS for ten or so years. I have never had any problems. He and his wife have always treated me with the utmost courtesy and respect. Sad to see he is retiring.

September 2nd, 2015

Would definitely recommend!

I am very surprised to read the negative reviews. I have been going to Dr. Bridgers for years and have always been treated with respect by him and the office staff. I had a life threatening illness back in 2012 and both the doctor and his wife gave me their cell phone numbers in case I needed anything after office hours/weekends! I was amazed and very reassured. I am saddened that Dr. Bridgers will be retiring at the end of the month. They are very caring people and he (and the office staff) will certainly be missed!

August 25th, 2015

Have been trying to get a referral. Secretary/receptionist has been rude, argumentative and unhelpful! This is a change from just a few years ago. I don't know if Dr. Bridges is aware of these reviews but it is time he take notice. I would NOT recommend this office for anyone.

November 14th, 2014

I called in for information regarding a referral from another Doctor. The receptionist/Sec. was so rude and unprofessional, she hang up the phone on me, and when I called back and questioned what she did, her expression was, "I will show you what hanging up a phone sound like SLAMMMMMM," I am sensitive to noise, so you cannot imagine the effect it had on. This is clearly abusive behavior coming for this Medical Practice Office. And the Medical Society needs to get involve and address the abusive behavior coming from staff. I am still shaken up from that experience. I simple cannot believe ..... now I what it feels like to be bulled. The staffing needs help. and to that Staff you know yourself, I am praying for you.

June 14th, 2014

Good doctor - terrible office staff

Up until two years ago this review would have been glowing. My care has always been good, the former office staff was attentive and personable and I felt welcomed in the office. The new receptionist ( Dr.s wife?) is rude, argumentative with patients and completely unprofessional. I am only seen for follow up on a yearly basis but do need daily meds. On both of my last occasions I witnessed the receptionist argue with patients over the phone about rx refills and then talk about them to other patients in the office when she hung up. She has argued with me when I need refills claiming they don't contact the mail order pharmacies. Recently she insisted I must have refills because my rx wasn't a year old- I didn't have refills because she didn't put enough refills on the original script. She yelled at me telling me how the pharmacy messed up and she would have to "suffer" because of it. I've been with my main health care providers for over 30 years but due to a receptionist I'm in the process of finding a new neurologist. It's too bad that a once great doctor is entering retirement by letting office staff destroy his reputation.

November 27th, 2013

Nasty Office

Dr. Bridgers is not the man he used to be. He sees you for 5 min. doesn't even do a neuro exam and says he will see you in a year. The office staff is unbelievably rude and obnoxious. I called for a new script for generic meds, and the secretary yelled at me. Told me the pharmacy is a bunch of liars all I have to do is ask them for generic, then she hung up on me. When my husband called her she hung up on him after yelling that she already told me what to do. The third time he called to leave a message for the doctor to call him. She wanted to know what it was about. WHen he said I need to speak to him, she said that is not a message, I am not giving it to him and hung up again !!! My pharmacy called them on my behalf and got the same treatment, after she told them that I hung up on her. TOTALLY LIED !!! I work in a hospital if I treated anyone like that I would be walked out, NO JOB> because of this we are leaving the practice to find a new doctor. HORRIBLE

September 18th, 2013

I have never been treated so rudely by a receptionist ! She is so unprofessional and just awful. Because of her I will find another Dr.

June 11th, 2013

I had seen three other neurologists prior to Dr.Bridgers. He was thorough, respectful to me and accurate as a diagnostician. He recommended further, more intensive examinations to be performed, which I had been trying to get for nearly one year. Dr. Performed this exam on me as part of a WC related head injury and I was very despondent as the other neurologists barely looked at me and were very dismissive. I would recommend Dr. Bridgers.

October 26th, 2012

Unprofessional Front desk employee

Front desk employee (oldest one who refused to provide her name) was very rude and unprofessional. No wonder this world is so nasty; it's because it has people like her.

October 26th, 2012

Front desk extremely unprofessional. (The Dr's Wife)

I would not ever, never, recommend Dr. Samuel Bridgers to anybody. His wife, (according to her Dr. Bridgers is her husband and he wont do anything to her so, she can treat the patients as she wishes with no concequenses), works at the front desk and she treated me like if I was a criminal after i had provided her with my insurance information.She was arrogant, disrespectful and has no professional manners or respect towards a patient nor less her husband. I already made a formal complaint with the patient relations department and a letter is already sent to the State of Ct. Dept of health. I wonder, if Dr. Bridgers is aware of his wife's behavior. Shame on her!

June 5th, 2012

After my dad had been under is care for sometime due to an unknow nurological problem causing speech and frontal lobe seizures. Several test were done resulting in no answers. An EEG was scheduled and completed last week. Dr. Bridgers call my mom with the results and stated the following: "your husbands test results came back normal. There is nothing wrong with your husband and i think he should see a psychiatrist". As of sunday my dad was rushed to yale new haven to under go brain surgery where they had found a large brain tumor. This tumor is inoperatable and is a very aggressive form of cancer. This tumor had been there for MONTHS according to the surgeons.

May 17th, 2012

He gave me a wrong diagnosis. I would not recommend him to any of my family and friends.