Dr. Samuel Chantilis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

February 20th, 2015
After two unsuccessful attempts with another fertility doctor we decided to visit Dr Chantilis. He was recommended to us by a friend who knew we were having difficulties conceiving. We were successful on our first attempt using invitro fertilization. I cannot praise Dr Chantilis and his staff enough.

February 3rd, 2015
Great Doctor
Dr. Chantilis is an expert and his staff is dedicated and caring.

October 22nd, 2014
Former patient
Ordinarily I wouldn't waste my time on writing an online review but I have to warn others about this office and Dr. Chantilis' nurse, Ruth. Like in most of these practices, you communicate with the nurse, assistant, etc. 90% of the time, so it's important that she have some sort of bed-side manner, or at least humanity. Sadly, my nurse was condescending, cold, argumentative, and just plan aloof with my care. She was even rude to the other staff. If I had a question, or a request for a blood test, for example, she'd rudely question why I was asking in the first place! It was awful, and, coupled with the stress of infertility, way too much to have to go through. Why would anyone pay to be treated like they were a bother? I even saved a voicemail from Ruth where she said, "we're all over the place with this one." What kind of a provider says something like that to a woman trying to have a baby? In general, I was rushed in and out of appointments like all I was worth was the payment. No one really cared except the sono-tech maybe. They didn't even bother to call after my last failed cycle to see if I was alive.

October 14th, 2014
Do not go to this doctor!!!
So we started off with Chantilis for our IVF process. After a couple tries through a IUI, we decided to do the full IVF. First let me tell you our insurance was going to pay for everything. At that time, we found out that the doctors lab was not in network and the cost would be out of pocket $3000 to us. We contacted the insurance company through people we knew that worked there to get them to move on signing the doc up and make the doc in network. We found out that the doc and insurance could not come up with a resolution on contracted rate. Here is were he is a BAD DOCTOR!! We told Chantilis that we did not want to spend $3000 and his office would not sign a contract and we had found a new doctor! He decided to tell us how bad our new doctor was trying to get us to stay! Who does that!! Especially when we are talking about giving birth!! The information he told us was not true.. My wife came home crying that day. I called him and was very upset and told him to have our records sent over to our new doctor by the following week. Well guess what, he never sent them over. I called their office and threaten to go to their office (which would not be good) if they didn't fax them over immediately! This office only cares about money! We are fortunate to have a policy that covered 100% of IVF! Our new doctor was awesome! She listen and is caring! We now have a healthy baby boy!!

June 19th, 2013
Support staff the issue
In my experience the Dr runs very late (anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours). Was told he was 40 minutes late for IVF put back. Support staff not very friendly and lab side did not appear to be on the same page as office side. I would not recommend this office to anyone.