Dr. Samuel Coor DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 20th, 2016
Completely unprofessional. Very rude and should be reported for telling a patient their only option they had left was to go shoot themselves

November 9th, 2015
An experience not worth repeating
Dr. Coor was by far the rudest doctor I have ever seen. His check in staff was courteous tho. Wait time was minimal. Doctor came in and started harping on me about things not related to my neurological issues. He waved at my medical records and stated he was not going to read most of the 'junk;. I am disabled but he stated there was nothing wrong with me. He started firing questions at me but never gave me a chance to answer before he thru another question out. I felt like I was being interrogated by a detective who had already decided I was guilty before getting to the facts. He decided it was a medication making me nauseous even tho I had been diagnosed with an inner ear disorder that is severe. He decided to take away most of my medications and promptly called my PCP and told her not to refill them. I felt very much backed into a corner. I had gone alone to my appointment but really wished I had taken someone with me. It appeared his cosmetic portion of his business receives priority. I should have known better than to go to a Neurologist who focuses his practice on cosmetics. Lesson learned... I could say more but I think you can get the idea...

December 14th, 2014
Truly holistic
Dr. Coor has a broad perspective and forms a collaborative relationship

April 28th, 2013
Works for Me
Dr Coor is a no-nonsense physician who will tell you what he thinks whether you like it or not. He will not coddle you nor tell you what you want to hear. Nor will he prescribe meds when you should be exercising, stretching or dieting instead. His diagnosis and treatment have worked for me and I've been seeing him for almost 5 years now. My wife has seen the progress I've made under Dr Coor's care and is impressed...and grateful. Comments have been made about the office staff and I suppose they could be friendlier but then again, I care more about the treatment than how friendly the staff is. I just want to get in and get out without a lot of "How's your day?" or "Have a nice day" which does absolutely nothing for my ailments. If you want a touchy-feely staff, find someone else; if you want a doctor that cares about your problem and will give his honest opinion (even if you don't agree with it), make an appointment with Dr Coor.

March 22nd, 2013
EGADS!
A few years ago, I went to Dr. Coor to have suspicious spots on face lazered/peeled off. I paid out-of-pocket. They promised that the pricetag would be preserved from inflation, for return visits. Office was easy to find. The staff were barely nice, though one was a bit more friendly. The front desk gal was busy at length handling personal calls at the front desk, while I waited to check in, then behaved as if I were an inconvenience. The Doc ordered an intense acid peel, followed immediately by the laser treatment. AT NO TIME, did anyone speak of that whole process in anything but blithe, light terms, i.e., "it's simply some flashing light, not painful, the goggles protect eyes, quick, no problem, no adverse effects except like a bad sunburn, keep out of sunlight for a few days, should be healed in a few weeks... etc". I was NOT told I might require a driver, or that my sensibilities might be harmed in any way. They all knew I lived over 30 miles away. The acid peel went well, sat in darkened room, small light allowed reading--there really was no pain to that process at that time--then that acid was neutralized--maybe? Then brought to other room, bright light, goggles on, goop on face, and laser used to zap facial skin.....THAT was terribly traumatic feeling. It felt as if the light was seering through my entire head, as if goggles were missing, and it felt as if I were being electrocuted with more power than from an electrical socket with each of many zaps, worsening as he proceeded. I was afraid to move anything. It was so shocking, I nearly wet myself. I did all I knew, to hang onto relaxation techniques to keep calm, divert awareness from the pain, prevent tears, keep my wits about me--but a few zaps into the process, all I wanted to do was survive the process. By the end of the process, the Doc and his assistant seemed pleased with their work, and didn't really assess how I was. I told them both, before they left the room, that I felt as if I were in a [clinically defined, bordering into stage 2] state of shock [circulatory problems, increased heart rate, shaky, disoriented, clammy, cold, pale, off-balance, mild chest pain starting..]. They only allowed me to rest in the room a few minutes, then said I was free to leave, encouraged me to return for additional treatments-- --to which I said, "this felt worse than childbirth; it'll be very unlikely that I will return for more of same! I feel like I am in shock--it's hard to gather my thoughts to speak, feel clammy, feel off-balance." The assistant muttered vague words about need to rest. I was sold a tiny bottle of [very expensive] goop that was supposed to prevent the return of the skin issues I had gotten treated for. The assistant saw me walk, off-balanced, out of the room. Then all staff evaporated into the walls--once I was on my feet headed out of the room, all staff simply disappeared, as if I were there totally alone--I stopped in the bathroom; once out of that, staff were still MIA.. I saw one look from the windows, see me sitting in my car; was trying to get wits collected to drive...I sat there about half an hour, with a scarf shading my face due to the sunlight making it feel more burning; the hot temp of the day also made the burning feel worse. I could feel myself losing ground, and knew that I better get to somewhere to rest and recuperate, quickly. I was only able to manage about 10 miles down the road, to someone's home, where I was allowed to rest for several hours, until it got dark and I was less shocky, to drive better. It was a few days before the shakiness and shockiness completely wore off. One of the staff did call the next day, to ask if things were doing OK. I TOLD her: how shocky I had been, that I only managed to make it 10 miles from the office, that it would have been a great idea if they told patients getting those treatments to have a spare driver. YET...she had the temerity to ask if she could make the next appointment for treatment, so highly recommended to make this treatment last longer. !!!!???? I reiterated my words from the treatment day, that it was one of the worst experiences I'd had, worse than childbirth, comparable to having had facial surgery with ineffective anesthesia. YET, she still encouraged me to return! Could only surmise they cannot listen to patients, have poor training. Wondering if it's time professionals be required to list their graduation scores and State Licensing scores. ...as in, How far into the bottom half their classes did they graduate and test? How many times did they have to repeat the test for licensure? I was considering returning, as some spots have recurred, but really not sure I want that kind of treatment again. Once upon a time, I had considered going to him for neuro issues, too...but after seeing some reports, that might be a bad idea.....though, I did see a different one, who was not much better help than described below. I do not fault Dr. Coor's poor ability to diagnose: I don't think any Docs are trained to sleuth medical issues anymore. IF any are good at it, they already were, prior to med school. Diagnosing seems a lost art these days, and limited to restricted formularies--if what you have does not readily resemble those, you fall thru the cracks, or get told "it's all in your head". WORSE, diagnosing has become entangled with some newer ideas, like: "we all create our realities, create our own ills, etc." --which, unfortunately, devolves into people, including Docs, using words that sound, to the patients, as if they blamed the patient, which is NOT helpful or therapeutic.

October 6th, 2012
I was fortunate to receive a consultation with Dr. Coor following a head injury. I found him very thoughtful and helpful in answering my concerns, and he was generous with his time.

August 11th, 2012
Misogynist who should have been a psychologist? Or perhaps a plastic surgeon?
This was one of the worst experiences of my life. I went to the appt. with clear thoughts, questions and and history written to discuss with the Dr. and he refused to look at the notes. He stated the family history I provided was highly unlikely and basically accused me of lying. He wouldn't listen and instead talked--at length--giving me his opinions regarding my life, functioning, etc. I left sobbing. I felt I had been torn apart by someone who didn't even know me and who didn't care to find out who I was and then dismissed. I was accused of overfunctioning and coming to him to find away to continue to do so and that my migraines were a symptom of this. There was no discussion of triggers, severity, things I had tried. This Dr. stated I had to find a place where I liked myself more or I would self destruct and all I could think about was where is that coming from. I like myself just fine. I have migraines. I do not think this Dr. would have ever had this type of appt with a male and as I left his office, sobbing and walked through the lobby--papered with posters for botox and other facial fillers they would like to inject into clients faces I just wondered what the deal really was. When they asked to make my next follow up appt. in a couple of months, I made it clear I would not be coming back. This was one of the most disturbing experiences of my life and I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone. I don't know if this was just an off day, or if we just didn't connect or what, but this did not seem like an appt. anyone should ever be subjected to.

September 18th, 2011
Excellent Care
I've been seeing Dr. Coor for over two years, mostly for migraine headaches, but recently for more serious problems which are likely caused by MS. I constantly ask difficult questions and will not relent until I feel I have answers that I understand. Dr. Coor has always been patient with me, fully answering all of my questions in a manner that is never condescending, though I know he must have to 'dumb it down' for me to understand. Both he and his staff have, on numerous occasions, gone above and beyond levels of professionalism and kindness in my care. On one occasion, Dr. Coor prescribed a medication that was difficult to find, and one of his staff spent hours calling multiple pharmacies in the area to find the drug. Dr. Coor bulldogs a problem; if one treatment does not seem to work, or if one test result does not shed light on a problem, he pursues a different course of action. I have referred friends to him in the past and would feel comfortable doing so again in the future.

August 21st, 2010
Experienced Neurologist
I had heard of Dr. Coor and his ability to diagnose a condition when no one else seemed to be able to, and that was my experience with him as well. I had undergone a number of tests, but he was able to quickly identify the root of the problem! His treatment plans may not be typical of many neurologists, but they can be effective. To make the best of time spent with any doctor, the patient needs to go in prepared to share a clear description of the concerns and to ask questions that one my have. Dr. Coor will be very honest with his responses.

July 24th, 2010
Patient
The Dr. made me so upset my first visit I did not want to go back. My husband made me and went with me. I am so glad he did, I suffered from migrains so badly I could not function. Dr. Coor helped me so much I could not believe it. My family loves him, it is true he does not suffer fools..but if it is help you need he is the man!

September 24th, 2009
Rude and not a caring person
He treated my wife very rough. Lifting her legs and dropping them, twisting her feet and all kinds of hurtful things. He did not figure out was wrong with her, and after he completed all of the electro shock tests on my wife she had to use a wheelchair to get around for the next year or so. A few years have passed since she went to them appointments and she is now back to using her cane. Overall I would rate this Dr as very rude and arrogant! And not very thorough either...

November 17th, 2008
Dr. Coor is a straight shooter...like it or not!