A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Samuel Allen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Samuel Allen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Samuel Allen, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Macular Degeneration
Education & Awards
Dr. Allen graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Allen has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Caritas Holy Family Hospital & Medical Center
- Southern Nh Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Allen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Samuel D. Allen practice?
Dr. Samuel Allen practices Ophthalmology near Lawrence, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Amesbury, MA and Haverhill, MA.
See Lawrence Ophthalmologists.