Dr. Samuel Dey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

April 28th, 2016
Do not recommend
Misdiagnoses and turns in insurance forms with exaggerated diagnoses in order for continued treatment. A perfect Psych to go to if you want to be approved for disability.

December 3rd, 2015
This review is about my nephew when I accompanied him to Dr. Dey's office! First of all the office is dim and for the life of me, I can't understand why the Dr. has on dark glasses...always! Secondly the sofa's are placed further away from the desk and I couldn't hear Dr. Dey at all! When I told him I couldn't hear him well and could he please speak a little louder, he refused! Consequently, I didn't hear much at all. I asked questions only to get oblique answers! When I asked my nephew how this Dr. has helped him, he could only answer, "Well, he got me on meds." So why does my nephew have to keep going back every month? Just so this "doctor" can get paid...is that it? I'd much rather have a doctor who can and will be more concerned about my nephew's progress and how to improve!!!

May 4th, 2015
Why is he even called a doctor?
Nearly 1 month between first and second visit (stated as first-available appointment). On second visit, receptionist told me she had not scheduled the appointment (had to go home). Dr. Dey also prescribed a lab that he didn't go over with me himself. He asked me to go over the results with my primary (even though Dr. Dey himself requested the lab), and that he would not prescribe medication until the issue was clarified. Two more weeks of waiting. He also failed to run a simple DSM diagnostic on me and said he would refer me to an outside diagnostician (which he never actually did). This "doctor" needs to do his job. If I could, I would have given him zero stars in several categories.

October 1st, 2014
Knows his stuff, but ...
No question Dr. Dey knows his business. Prescribed a good mix of meds and talk therapy, and understands I don't want to put an overreliance on medication. He's good, but a strange guy. Very aloof. Wore these dark sunglasses throughout our talk. I first thought he was blind, but he took them off long enough to read my old prescription bottle. Maybe he does this for reasons of his own, but it's kind of disturbing. His office staff = Not great. Ease of appointment/getting things started = difficult. Much of that is probably regulatory, though.

May 20th, 2014
Not good
Wore sunglasses every time I have met with him and prescribed medication that is the same as the clock in his lobby (coincidence?). Dey has barely even spoke with me and yet refuses to treat me without medication (that same sponsored medication). Trying to find anyone else.

February 4th, 2013
TERRIBLE
Terrible Service, TURNED AWAY AS I WAS 15 MINUTES EARLY, YES, EARLY!!! I was Scheduled to arrive at 7:15 to pick up my sons prescription. I live 45 minutes away and arrived at 7:00 and spoke to a very young African american male (tall, skinny & RUDE) was told i must reschedule as i was not 30 minutes early... I explained that my appointment is not until 7:15. He told me that i should have known that i was to be 30 minutes early not 15 (THIS WAS NEVER DISCLOSED TO ME)!!! My husband called to speak to a supervisor (We believe was the child's mother), She told my husband, "15 minutes early for a appointment is actually LATE"!!! She then proceeded to tell him that if he doesn't like it then don't come back its not her problem. TERRIBLE DR. OFFICE. WILL NEVER RETURN AND SUGGEST YOU DO NOT AS WELL!!!

December 4th, 2011
Dr Dey very distant
I have been going to Dr Dey for a while now. He is very distant, aloof, does not communicate, just very dry and unfriendly a little on the dark side, wears very dark glasses can never see his eyes, a little tint if you have light sensitivity is ok but his are totally dark and he will not remove them when he's speaking to you in his office. Does not seem comfortable around people. Sounds like he may have a few issues of his own. I would not recommend him to anyone. I will not continue to see him either.

November 13th, 2011
Dr. spent adequate amount of time with me, answered questions. wait to see the dr. was about average in my experience. i would recommend him to a friend.

August 29th, 2011
about the money
spoke with me for 5 minutes and asked me nothing of importance. then said we were done which suprised me but i figured he realized i was normal. left feeling good then when i checked the diagnosis online and found that i was diagnosed severly bi-polar and i know im not and also that we didn't even have any kind of tests done that this is a ploy to sell medicine. I have no idea how a man can come to such a outragious conclusion in 5 minutes with absolutly no q & a pertaining to the situation. he must distribute medication from his office. we will see.

July 20th, 2011
Samuel Dey
I have never had such a horrible experience with a doctor. I was given an appointment as 7:45am and at 9:20am I was still waiting. After an hour I asked the receptionist what was the delay who remarked "he is running a little late. There is one person in front of you." This was an outright lie. I waited for the next person to be seen after which he then called yet another person who came in much later than I did. I asked for my paperwork to be returned to me and they said "the doctor had it and come back in 20 minutes." On my return I was told "the doctor said you couldn't have your paperwork." I threatened to call the police if they did not return it to me. They first gave me a copy and after I told them it was illegal to keep my original paperwork they reluctantly gave it to me although they DID make a copy without my permission. This doctor and his staff have no bedside manner nor do they care about the patients. The staff should have told me of the wait instead of me having to go to them after an hour. It is simply an "ASSEMBLY LINE." After I left the 2nd time when I finally was given my paperwork a patient followed me out and told me that they had treated her the same way and yet when she called and said she would be a few minutes late they told her that they would not see her. It is a disgrace to treat people as I was treated at the office of Dr. Samuel Dey in Riverside. Not only will I never go back but I plan to make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau as well as have our attorney send him a letter. I would not refer him to anyone. They are only successful because they have patients yet they treat them as they are insignificant. It was a very negative experience. The worst ever. There are many doctors and I suggest you choose someone else.

October 6th, 2010
acceptable service
the appointment maker was nice and patient. the office atmosphere was pleasant. the dr. saw me quickly and explained my sickness to me. I would recommend a friend or anyone to see this dr.

July 16th, 2010
My son is different
Treatment there has helped our son a lot. His grades were very dismal and his teachers had all sorts of complaints. The main problem seemed to be his focus and concentration. Dogon diagnosed him with ADHD. He's been getting treated there and it seems to be working. His teachers say his attention is improved and he's been getting better grades on tests and assignments. We're very pleased with how things are progressing!