Dr. Samuel Galib Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Samuel Galib?

August 6th, 2016

Dr. Galib has been my doctor for 6 years now. My vision since the operation has been corrected to 20-20 and has remained so. I continue to visit Paoli Eye Institute for my eye care. Warning to VITALS raters: be very careful when clicking the "Click to Rate" link. Make sure all of the stars are selected because it is the only place you can provide an OVERALL rating. You cannot change the OVERALL rating when the rating detail screen appears. This means you can give all Excellent ratings on the detail page but accidentally give a poor overall rating.

August 6th, 2016

Great eye care

Dr. Galib performed my cataract surgery 6 years ago this month and my corrected vision has been stable at 20-20. I chose Dr.Galib based on his reputation and years of operating experience. The doctor patient relationship with Dr. Galib did not stop after the successful completion of my eye operation and will continue for as long as I choose to monitor the over-all health of my eyes. I like that after each examination Dr. Galib always takes the time to explain the results to me and address any of my questions or concerns; this may cause longer waiting times to see him but it is very important to me to understand what is happening to my eyes and I thank Dr. Galib for being so considerate.

May 23rd, 2016

I absolutely would not return to see Dr. Galib. He seems to be an excellent physician, but he has a terrible bedside manner. He was very brusque with me and his nurses (I am a nurse myself, so this actually offended me two different ways). He is also extremely over-priced, and though he claimed to accept Cigna insurance and VSP, it turned out he did not, and I was not informed of this by his office staff when I checked in, so I was saddled with a ridiculous bill.

April 12th, 2016

Bring a sleeping bag

An ophthalmic sweatshop, churn and burn patients with excessively long wait time for just one doctor who needs to add doctors. hour in front waiting room, 45 mins in back waiting area, 20 minutes in exam room before the one doctor arrived. Staff very nice however. Can't even take credit card payments because their card system doesn't work and could not use my Health credit card unless I stopped by their office. Very inconvenient and not patient friendly.

January 6th, 2016

Still have not transferred my records, even though they cashed the check! " cannot locate chart"

August 5th, 2015

While awaiting for my upcoming cataract surgery ,the day before I called office and was informed surgery was cancelled due to anesthesia advising that due to my need for oxygen was required they cancelled me. I have severe copd (emphesema) that I have to go to Wills Eye Hospital this was not posssible

April 15th, 2015

Excellent doctor

I think Dr. Galib is the only doctor that I would every let touch my eyes. I had a laser procedure this morning and he told there would be no pain, no blood, and no down time. He was right on all counts! He never fails to ask me if I have any questions. I love the staff, except for one person. It's usually a long wait time, which I find utterly unbearable, but they try to rush me through as quickly as possible, as I have a business to run. The only reason I could not give him five stars for the overall rating is because of the wait time.

March 19th, 2015

HE DID A LOT OF CATARACT SURGURY. I WAS HAPPY TO NOT NEED GLASSES I HAD WORN SINCE I WAS A CHILD

July 28th, 2014

Mr.

November 26th, 2013

Patient

After spending hours at Paoli Memorial Hospital the night before due to disturbing eye symptoms, I was told to schedule an appointment with an ophthomologist the next day. I spent 2 hours trying to find a doctor, when I finally contacted Dr. Galib's office. The technician questioned me carefully about my symptoms, then set up an immediate appointment. I felt very confident about the thorough questioning, examination and testing I was given, and equally confident about the diagnosis. My confidence was confirmed when I found that Dr. Galib is a Wills Eye Institute doctor. I was very fortunate to have such a capable doctor in a local office, as I will need follow up and possibly emergency appointments in the future. I heard the doctor apologize to another patient about the long wait. I had been one of two emergency appointments that day, which caused long wait times for other patients. I found the staff and doctor to be caring, courteous and knowledgeable.

June 26th, 2012

Unprofressional Office Staff

All staff are part time and untrained. Lorraine has difficulty communicating with patients; she constantly records incorrect appointments; so you drive for 45 minutes to your appointment only to be told it is not until next week, despite that you have the appointment card, with her hand writing on it. She will then give you a spacey "I don't know what you are talking about" look, assuring you it was a "computer problem." Do not ever try and get a copy of your medical records. Mine arrived, after paying $35, and didn't even have my name on them. Didn't even have Dr. Galib's name on them either. AND they had the incorrect date of surgery. Be it on your own head if you use this doctor's office. Galib is knowledgeable, but NO bedside manner

July 25th, 2011

Long Wait Time - Missed Diagnosis

After waiting two hours to see Dr. Galib, unfortunately he missed diagnosing my problem which was properly identified by another doctor, two days following the visit to Dr. Galib. I would not return to Paoli Eye Institute or Dr. Galib.