Dr. Samuel Gallo MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Dublin, OH

September 29th, 2016
Rn
I had a an unpleasant experience. I had surgery on both upper drooping eyelids and bags under each eye.The day of surgery Dr.Gallo was very busy and spent a few seconds marking my lids for surgery.I came out of surgery in pain (both lower and upper lids were cut and sutured) and I remember someone asking my husband how my pain tolerance was?Dr.Gallo told him that If he knew I was going to be in pain he would have given me numbing medication in my incisions to help.Yes they did give me pain medication !Then in my left lower lid a small part of my incision pulled apart. and.I went to his office I felt he was rushed and irritated that I was there.The nurse who took my sutures out seemed unsure of herself and actually missed a suture that I took out at home.I had to remind both of them of the Rx.he told me he would give me for the open area in my incision.I have been an RN for 36 years and am familiar with surgery and post op care.Months have passed and my right upper lid is still droopy and I have a stitch under my skin along with a scar in my right upper lid.Yes my lower lids and my left upper eyelid looks better but am disappointed with my right upper lid.Dr.Gallo was recommended by the Searcy eye group and I had full confidence going into the procedure.I will go to another plastic surgeon and get a second opinion.I will not recommend Dr.Gallo.

May 31st, 2016
He took a very serious situation and saved my eye

May 31st, 2016
I was very impressed with his initial warmth and sincerity. He examined and diagnosed my medical problem accurately. The procedure went smoothly and I am extremely pleased with the results. Others have complimented the results. I will refer others.

April 21st, 2015
Highly Recommended!
I visited Dr. Gallo for concerns with bags under my eyes. He had performed a highly successful surgery on me five years earlier. Dr. Gallo is honest, trustworthy, confident and highly skilled. He described the surgery, answered all my questions and even admitted he would not be able to make it 'perfect' due to my age. A few weeks later, he performed a lower lid bleproplasty on both of my eyes at a very reasonable cost. The recovery was exactly as he described. Within two weeks, I was able to be seen in public with very little evidence I even had surgery. Within four weeks, my swelling and bruising were completely gone and the scarring was barely detectable. Those bags under my eyes haunted me for most of my adult life and now they are gone. He changed my life for the better and took 10 years off my smiling face.

April 21st, 2015
Highly Recommended
I was referred to Dr. Gallo for a cyst that was growing inside my lower eyelid. The consultation was fast and easy. He was very confident that he could surgically remove the cyst with little or no downtime for me. I scheduled the surgery for two weeks later. During the procedure, I was put under anesthesia for less than two minutes while he removed the cyst. My recovery was fast and easy and within a week, there were no signs that I had surgery. He has a very entertaining bed side manner and is a highly skilled surgeon with an impressive resume.

March 20th, 2015
Seemed preoccupied with another pt. Appt. rushed. No discussion on real reason of visit.

October 3rd, 2014
Wonderful Experience
After seeing several doctors to diagnose eye problem Dr.Gallo was wonderful accurate diagnosis Quickly able to have corrective surgery very pleasant staff having had surgery before this was the most positive surgery experience I have ever had very impressed with Dr. Gallo and his entire staff well worth the drive from Fishers Indiana Competant compassionate professional care before and after surgery

September 14th, 2014
Dr gallo was very professional and explained the procedure exact. I would highly recommend him and would return for other procedures. Dr Gallo did a terrific procedure on my eyes and eye lift. Thank you.

June 14th, 2013
Wonderful Doctor Great Staff
Dr. Gallo and his staff are wonderful from the time you first meet them and until your last visit. I had my surgery at his facility. It was very clean and the staff was very nice and very informative. They would let you know what was happening every minute you were there. I was very pleased with the eye surgery I had and would highly recommend Dr. Gallo to anyone. Also, if you are lucky like I was Dr. Gallo will even give you a hug. Thank you again Dr. Gallo for making me look so good, and Thanks to your stall for making me feel good every time I came there.

September 24th, 2012
Ira Fowler
Dr. Gallo has performed 3 surgeries on me and each one has been highly successful. He has always taken time to discuss my condition and his plan for treatment. His staff is extremely friendly and has been a tremendous help to me when dealing with problems with my insurance company.

January 3rd, 2012
The worst doctor I have ever visited.
My eye doctor referred me to see Dr. Gallo regarding my eyelid.When I was in the room waiting for the doctor, I heard he was talking out loud about other patients' information outside of my waiting room. Then when he finally came in, he took a personal phone to talk to his banker about his "money situation" for about 10 minutes. Then he only checked my eyelids for 3 minutes. He told me I should get the surgery and my insurance will cover it. I will need to talk to his staff about all the details. So I tried to talk to his staff. They told me they will get back to me the next day. Never got a call from them. Terrible experience and wasted 20.00 copay.

October 3rd, 2011
Over$10000 and 3 surgeries later, I look worse than before surgery.