Dr. Samuel Girgis MD Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 10 reviews

May 17th, 2016
Dr. Girgis is a phenemonal doctor!!!! HIs bedside manner and his knowledge are both excellent! Would not go to any other ENT.

September 25th, 2013
Problem Solved
I was having problems with being increasingly more tired and not getting enough quality sleep in the last two years or so. Sleep study did not produce any definite diagnosis. Then I was recommended to visit Dr.Girgis. He took simple diagnosis steps. After my first visit I started noticing that I was breathing very unevenly, with obstructed flow on one side. On my second visit, Dr.Girgis pinpointed a suspicion and confirmed it with a quick CT scan showing an almost golf ball size cyst in my sinuses, as well as deviated septum. The cyst must had been growing slowly so I never detected a sudden change in my breathing. He recommended surgery to remove it and promised I will breathing much better afterwards. He advised that I will need to take a week off, and will take a few weeks to fully recover. I doubted that I will need a week off from my work, and we scheduled the procedure a few weeks afterwards. After surgery that went well and as planned (I was sleeping 3 hours or so), the healing process started. My nose kept bleeding but on the third day after surgery I experienced a short deep sleep that was the "Ah-ha! This is like it should be when you get a good night of sleep!" moment. I went back to work, and have aggravated my nose, and had difficult time coping with my constant nose bleeding that progressively slowly stopped by the 6th day. I was surprised when on the 6th day after surgery dr.Girgis pulled two 5 inch long plastic stems from my nostrils and a long draining tube... Hahaha. Two months after surgery my inner nose and its lining are almost normal, just a touch sensitive (well, the septum was cut and repositioned). At the end, it was all worth it. Girgis and all his staff were always very professional, and friendly. My breathing and quality of sleep has dramatically improved. And I got my life back, Big Thank You Dr.Girgis.

April 15th, 2013
I had surgery in the hinsdale offfice,by dr girgis,and i have to say every since the surgery i breathe,sleep,and feel much better since my surgery.the staff is always helpful.i recommend Dr. girgiss and Debra cheval to anyone who has allergies,and sinus issues.made my life much much better!

April 15th, 2013
I would recommend Dr. Girgis and his staff to anyone! Have doctored with him for over a year and feel SO much better! Easy to schedule appointments in advance or when needed on short notice. Super caring, thorough, and accurate. Sinus surgery with him was a breeze - had everything I needed beforehand, great follow up after. And now, I feel SO much better! Airways open, sleep better, no more sinus infections or headaches!

April 8th, 2013
WORST DOCTOR EVER
I had an awful experience with Dr. Girgis. I was at his office for three hours and had less than 10 minutes face-to-face time with him. The appointment felt extremely rushed. And his nurse, Lynn, was very rude to me and seemed like she hated her job. Since my appointment I have spoken with someone who had sinus surgery performed by Girgis. Not only was the surgery botched, but according to her, Girgis' office billed for codes that were unnecessary and not covered by her insurance company. He seems like a snake oil salesman with no respect for his patients.

August 7th, 2012
I am not from Illinois but came to visit relatives. I became very ill both times I came out to visit.The physicians and staff were wonderful and was able to get an appointment right away. The doctors were thorough and diagnosed my problems and helped me recover before I had to leave back home. I really appreciate their professionalism and kindness.

August 4th, 2012
Be ready to wait... Pay the babysitter extra in advance!
Be prepared to wait! They will always tell u that dr girgis is not running behind but u will always wait an hour after your appointment time to be seen with no explanation or apology made! This doctor thinks his time is more important than yours!

May 15th, 2012
One Stop Shop
The reason I liked going to Dr Girgis is because he does not have me come back and forth for testing, everything is done that same day and no need for me to schedule several appointments. CT, hearing test, and procedure done on same day. Excellent!

January 5th, 2011
UNACCEPTABLE WAIT TIME
EVERY VISIT CAN COUNT ON AT LEAST AN HOUR IN THE WAITING ROOM. SAME EXCUSE EVERYTIME, THE DR. IS RUNNING BEHIND. SOUNDS LIKE SCHEDULING NEEDS ORGANIZATION. MAJORITY OF OFFICE STAFF IS RUDE.

October 19th, 2010
Excellent diagnostic skills, ease of getting an appointment. Office staff are excellent and caring. Would highly recommend Dr. Girgis. Caring, compassionate, and really knows his stuff.