Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Cardiothoracic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  show details
Jun 19th, 2014

Would not recommend him to anyone. I am in more pain now than before the surgery, His departure left me without a doctor.

|  show details
by Rck Vassallo on Dec 1st, 2013

Dr. Hess is the finest orthopedic surgeon He moved I I would like to find him

|  Failed Surgery  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2013

Dr. Hess did a discectomy on me. After the surgery I had a lot of leg pain and I couldn't feel my foot. I was told this was normal and would get better in 6 weeks. Every week my leg pain continued and I was told it was normal by Dr. Hess and his assistant. I insisted that something was wrong, but they again said everything was fine and it was normal. Finally went to a different doctor and he ordered a new MRI. The new MRI showed that the disk was still herniated and it was worse than before putting pressure on my nerve. So now I'm having to have the surgery done over again 7 weeks later to correct his mistakes. Advanced Orthopedics Center also didn't want to help me and were very uncaring once they found out the surgery was a failure.

|  Spine surgery  |  show details
by JL on May 5th, 2013

I became a patient of Dr Hess in 2009. I had suffered for over 17 yrs. I moved to Fl from Boston where we were supposed to have the best hospitals and best Drs. Yet the best spine surgeon I found was here in Fl and he was recommended by my FL PCP. I know I still have some problems but they are minor compared to what I suffered from Lumbar Spinal Stenosis for as I said over 17 yrs. Dr Hess listened to me and worked with me to correct the problems. The last Lumbar spine surgery in 2011 was fusion and is doing well but I still have some pain that is originating elsewhere and affecting my back. I know I only have to call and make an appt with Dr Hess and he will help me. I then developed a problem with my neck late in 2011. I went through all the regular treatments and they did not work. Dr Hess again did surgery for me it was and Anterior Disectomy. My neck feels so much better since that surgery . He listens to his patients and I know that patients should also listen to their Dr's. I would not trust another surgeon with anything to do with my spine. In 2011 after the 3rd Lumbar surgery I was able to drive from FL to MA and NH to visit with family and attend a family wedding. This would not have happened had it not been for Dr Hess for that I thank him. He has given me my life back and even if there is any pain left I will deal with it. The spine is probably one of the riskiest parts of our anatomy. The risks involved and all possible outcomes are outlined and explained before you even get to surgery. As for waiting time. If it was 2 hrs I would wait this Dr is well worth the wait at any time.

|  A very wonderful Doctor  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2012

Would tell anyone to trust and rely on him.

|  Compassionate Doctor!  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2012

I just had my first appointment with Dr. Hess. I really got a good impression from him. I loved him!!!! He is very thorough. Asked many questions and actually did a complete physical exam, most doctors don't even touch me to see where I hurt. He seemed very concerned for me and showed compassion. I think he is truly interested in helping me find out what my problem is. Overall I had a wonderful experience with him and I felt he really listened to all my concerns. His staff is very helpful and friendly also. I would definitely recommend Dr. Samuel Hess!!!

|  dennis R. McGreevy  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2011

Dr. Hess recently performed surgery on a wedge compression fracture which I acquired in early March. In my analogy, I find him to be an exceptional orthopedic surgeon who has a passion for providing the best health solutions and optimum care for his patients. He fully informs his patients of how surgical procedures will be completed and the pre and post care regiment. He takes the time to answer questions that concern a patient or family member. I find him to be a superior practitioner and excellent physician in his field.

|  Surgrey Patient  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2011

I have long term problems resulting from surgery. Dr. Hess did not listen to my concerns. He did not follow up with me. He treated my family in a belittling manner. I could not recommend him as a surgeon.

|  spine surgrery  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2010

to bad i suffer more now then i ever did before surgery.

|  He fixed my back.  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2010

I found Dr. Hess to be very caring. The longer wait is because he will spend the time with a patient.

|  He care's!  |  show details
by Hiflyer on Aug 30th, 2010

He is an excellent Dr. to bad the wait time is always over 30 mins.