by Lisa N. on Mar 11th, 2016

I had seen many surgeons before meeting Dr. Hess. By the end of my first appointment, I knew Dr. Hess was the person I wanted to perform my surgery! He is caring, he listens to me, and understands my medical needs. His staff is also amazing and extremely kind. Very happy I found the best surgeon in Florida!

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Stephanie Lynch on Nov 16th, 2015

I was so very impressed at how comforting he was and how attentive.

Jun 19th, 2014

Would not recommend him to anyone. I am in more pain now than before the surgery, His departure left me without a doctor.

by Rck Vassallo on Dec 1st, 2013

Dr. Hess is the finest orthopedic surgeon He moved I I would like to find him

Failed Surgery show details Failed Surgery
Jul 20th, 2013

Dr. Hess did a discectomy on me. After the surgery I had a lot of leg pain and I couldn't feel my foot. I was told this was normal and would get better in 6 weeks. Every week my leg pain continued and I was told it was normal by Dr. Hess and his assistant. I insisted that something was wrong, but they again said everything was fine and it was normal. Finally went to a different doctor and he ordered a new MRI. The new MRI showed that the disk was still herniated and it was worse than before putting pressure on my nerve. So now I'm having to have the surgery done over again 7 weeks later to correct his mistakes. Advanced Orthopedics Center also didn't want to help me and were very uncaring once they found out the surgery was a failure.

A very wonderful Doctor show details A very wonderful Doctor
Oct 29th, 2012

Would tell anyone to trust and rely on him.

Compassionate Doctor! show details Compassionate Doctor!
Aug 16th, 2012

I just had my first appointment with Dr. Hess. I really got a good impression from him. I loved him!!!! He is very thorough. Asked many questions and actually did a complete physical exam, most doctors don't even touch me to see where I hurt. He seemed very concerned for me and showed compassion. I think he is truly interested in helping me find out what my problem is. Overall I had a wonderful experience with him and I felt he really listened to all my concerns. His staff is very helpful and friendly also. I would definitely recommend Dr. Samuel Hess!!!

dennis R. McGreevy show details dennis R. McGreevy
Jun 4th, 2011

Dr. Hess recently performed surgery on a wedge compression fracture which I acquired in early March. In my analogy, I find him to be an exceptional orthopedic surgeon who has a passion for providing the best health solutions and optimum care for his patients. He fully informs his patients of how surgical procedures will be completed and the pre and post care regiment. He takes the time to answer questions that concern a patient or family member. I find him to be a superior practitioner and excellent physician in his field.

Surgrey Patient show details Surgrey Patient
Mar 23rd, 2011

I have long term problems resulting from surgery. Dr. Hess did not listen to my concerns. He did not follow up with me. He treated my family in a belittling manner. I could not recommend him as a surgeon.

spine surgrery show details spine surgrery
Nov 16th, 2010

to bad i suffer more now then i ever did before surgery.

He fixed my back. show details He fixed my back.
Nov 1st, 2010

I found Dr. Hess to be very caring. The longer wait is because he will spend the time with a patient.

He care's! show details He care's!
by Hiflyer on Aug 30th, 2010

He is an excellent Dr. to bad the wait time is always over 30 mins.