Dr. Samuel Brown Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Samuel Brown?

Posted on August 11th, 2016

By far Dr. Brown is the best in the business! He has made my ortho experience a pleasure and has made me and my family feel very welcomed.

Posted on March 6th, 2016

I have been treated by Dr. Brown off and on for the last 20 years in this community. He and his staff have always treated me with great care and although their office building is quite old I saw a picture of their new building which will be completed later this year. Dr. Brown's PT department is excellent! They have treated my shoulder and back problems with great expertise! Dr. Brown is a very caring and compassionate physician -very skilled! I can recommend him highly to anyone with shoulder or knee problems!

Posted on January 11th, 2016

Being a military spouse, I fall victim to the slow healthcare process and protocol of Tricare. I received X-rays, an MRI, and a surgical referral all from military doctors for an injured shoulder in my dominant arm. However, due to the overwhelming amount of orthopedic surgeries needed at the military hospital, dependents (spouses and children of active duty military) are sent to civilian doctors that accept Tricare. My experience with military specialists had been superb and I had a seasoned orthopedic specialist recommend me for surgery after an extensive one hour consultation which involved multiple joint tests, manipulations, review of all of my scans, and a pain injection. Her recommendation to refer me for surgery did not come lightly! Having a friend that was a radiologist (a Yale graduate) at the military hospital, I had my MRI read twice just to confirm the extent of my injury. Flash forward three weeks later and I arrive at Dr. Sam Brown’s dilapidated 1970’s office for what I believe to be a consultation prior to the recommended surgery. I spoke with his PA for approximately 5-8 minutes who did only two range of motion assessments on my inflicted arm and promptly left the exam room. I gave him my X-rays, MRI, and my MRI report to review with Dr. Brown. Hardly 3 minutes later, Dr. Brown shows up to discuss my shoulder. My “consultation” consisted of 10 minutes of him explaining to me that I need to go to the gym and that he would not be the one to perform the surgery on me. I was shocked and offended by his lack of professionalism. He never performed any type of range of motion exercises (or laid a hand on me, period), asked about my pain levels, or inquired about activities that affect my shoulder and it’s instability. He stated that he “hates MRI reports from the military hospital because they’re never correct”, insulting doctors that are just as qualified (if not more qualified!) to give their professional medical opinion. IF I were to follow his baloney advice of “going to the gym”, he didn’t even recommend exercises that I should perform or avoid. As far as options go for orthopedic specialists and surgeons, there are many other local doctors that can care for your orthopedic injuries that possess professional tact and bedside manner. This is NOT the place you want to go to receive care!

Posted on November 2nd, 2015

I tore a meniscus in one knee, and some years later, in the other knee. Dr. Brown accurately diagnosed the problems, and spent time discussing each situation and the options for treatment. He was very sensitive to my concerns as a long-distance runner. Ultimately he surgically repaired both tears, and after each surgery I was able to return to running and successfully run marathons and half marathons pain free.

Posted on April 23rd, 2017