Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.0

|  Reid Hopital is in a Network but Emergency doctors are NOT  |  show details
by Larry Swihart Sr on Nov 24th, 2014

How is a person taken a in Network hospital ( Reid Hospital) for an emergency by ambulance to know the doctors are not in your network. My insurance pay for everything except Dr. Samuel W Iden . He is a doctor there but in not in the same network the HOSPITAL Your insurance pays the out of network rate and you are left with the rest. Duh I did not have a choice in who treated me and I surely didn't know I should have ask him if he was in my Network, while I was bleeding from the head and had a broken femur . Who would ever think a doctor would not be in the same network the hospital he works in is. My insurance paid, I paid my out of pocket and deductible but I will not pay the $233 dollar difference. If this $233 dollars is that important to him take me to court and let me tell everyone how Reid and this doctor treats people. They should post a ten foot sign outside the emergency entrance ER DOCTORS ARE NOT IN OUR NETWORK.

|  Very upset with experience!  |  show details
by Chelsie Y. on Oct 23rd, 2014

On 8/31, I left very disappointed with my experience at Reid hospital with Dr. Iden. I truly liked the doctor but I did not leave feeling much better than I came. I went for an extreme migraine and was told that I was having a tension headache. The doctor didn't think I needed any further testing (which is fine, I suppose- even though I wanted an MRI) but I left about 2 hours later with the same headache. It seems like my experiences at Reid are just bad and it is sad because it's my hometown hospital. I have never had any medical problems but if I do, I will be traveling to Henry County Hospital from now on. I had a $1000 bill from Reid for this visit where nothing was done and a $331 doctor fee that I cannot afford. I have learned a valuable lesson. Very upset with my service and the doctor. It would have been different if it was resolved, but I had to go to Henry County Hospital to end up getting it resolved overall. They also prescribed something for my headaches and are doing testing!