Plastic Surgeon, Otolaryngology
Video profile

by Adobogiona on Jul 10th, 2015

I saw Dr. Lin for a reconstruction job after removal of a tumor. The reconstruction itself looks good and I am happy with the result. But I found him very binary in his interactions with me. When provided with compliments, Dr. Lin was being pleasant and enthusiastic, but when back to regular human interactions, he would slide into a cold stance, with an air of superiority and "what's the point?" While my interactions with him were not completely devoid of admiration, it is something I want to be able to provide freely, and not being aggressively coerced into it. As a person I understand the fact, that one might be hungry for external validation, as a patient, I think it is not OK, especially knowing the state of vulnerability you're in when facing reconstruction. Past the smooth manners and the charming façade, I felt used as a source of gratification and not attended to as a real person. I brought this to his attention, and he made it clear that since it is "healing well" I have nothing to complain about.

calm, intelligent, respectful show details calm, intelligent, respectful
by Martha Shea Smith on May 5th, 2015

Having just completed my second surgery with Dr Lin, I can honestly say that I trust him with my life. The work he has done has changed my self concept and improved my self esteem and as a result I am able to reach toward my personal potential with more enthusiasm.

He deserved getting the patient's choice award. One of the best doctors I've gone to. show details He deserved getting the patient's choice award. One of the best doctors I've gone to.
May 8th, 2014

Dr. Lin is extremely intelligent, and is the best in his field. Of course that's what you want when you have breast cancer and are going through reconstruction. But he has gone upon and beyond making his patients feel as though they are his only patient. He is caring,shows empathy, and inspires you to get through your treatment. I highly recommend him to anyone who wants a doctor who is truly and artist and has a wonderful bed side manner as well. He saved my life!

Doctor with excellent skills and bedside manner show details Doctor with excellent skills and bedside manner
Sep 15th, 2012

Dr. Lin is caring, empathetic, on top of being an extremely skilled surgeon. He always provided me with the best care during a very difficult time in my life, having breast cancer. He helped me through reconstruction and did an incredible job! I highly recommend him.

Brilliant Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty show details Brilliant Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty
Sep 9th, 2012

I am writing as a followup to my daughters rhinoplasty and deviated septum surgery in March 2008. As a parent, I always believed that my daughter was a beautiful young woman. However, my husband and I supported her in her decision to have her nose fixed. She had a bump and she had been the subject of bullying in high school and middle school because of her nose. As bright and as talented as she was, her confidence in her appearance and in other aspects of her life had been compromised. My daughter had a very successful surgery in Dr. Lin's gifted hands. Dr. Lin was able to repair her deviated septum but, more importantly, he was able to shave down the bump and sculpt her nose. What a beautiful job!She graduated from college recently and has a new job. I recently asked her what professor made the biggest impact on her college career and she quickly replied that it wasnt a professor, it was Dr. Lin. She went on to tell me that Dr. Lin made me realize that I wasnt ugly. I wanted to express that Dr. Lin was directly responsible for restoring her confidence in herself.She is a happy, vibrant, and accomplished young woman. Dr. Lin was a huge part of her success!! Thank you Dr. Lin for your part in her happiness!! And thank you to Dr. Lin so very much for your brilliant work!

Excellent Results!!! show details Excellent Results!!!
Aug 30th, 2012

I could not be happier with my plastic surgery procedure with Dr. Lin.. He has a caring bedside manner and is extremely detail oriented. I would recommend him to any family member or friend

Extremely Pleased with Dr. Lin show details Extremely Pleased with Dr. Lin
Mar 1st, 2011

Dr. Lin and his staff, always made me feel comfortable during a very stressful time in my life. He is an intelligent, highly skilled, caring, and empathetic doctor. He always explained every procedure in details that I could understand. The results were better than I ever imagined!During each appointment, Dr. Lin has always welcomed me with his infectious smile and made me feel like I was the only patient in his office. He answered all my questions, explained exactly what he was going to do during the appointment and got straight to work, always taking into consideration my emotions as a human being. Maria, Dr. Lin's nurse, has always been there for me to help me throughout the process. She sat right with me during the initial consultation, comforting me while Dr. Lin explained in detail my options. She also called me back when I had questions or concerns about my health or medical insurance. My appointments were scheduled to coordinate with my other appointments, so that I could go to chemo or to my Oncologist all in the same day. I rarely had to wait more than 15/20 minutes to be seen. The office was organized and when surgeries were scheduled, it was always done in a systematic way. I received the proper information in a folder explaining the entire process. I would also get a call confirming my appointment and when I called in the day before, someone was there to take the call and answer any questions that I had. I would highly recommend Dr. Lin to my family, friends and co-workers.