Plastic Surgeon, Otolaryngology
Video profile

Worst Office Support Staff show details Worst Office Support Staff
by Tina S on Aug 15th, 2016

I had nothing but problems in dealing with the office staff, completely incompetent. I made an appointment months in advance, two weeks before appt while I was away, they leave me a message that they are canceling my appt cause they don't take my insurance. Then they called and said they do accept it. By then I had canceled the appt. When I tried to reschedule the told me I needed a test, I asked can I used results from prev test or does it need to be done again. They couldn't answer it even after 3 weeks, finally just booked appt figured I'd find out from Dr. Made an appt met with Dr like him a lot. Was told it takes a month to get approval from insurance. When I called them they said they would call insurance to see what was going on, never heard back. Called 2 weeks later, now they tell me because I have Medicare (which I told them) I have to go thru a different process which they could have told me back in May. Now it is 3 months later. I can not schedule surgery when I wanted to, now would have to push it out to Nov. I have decided to go to a different doctor, don't want to work with this office staff further!!

Diep Flap Surgery show details Diep Flap Surgery
by Lillian Harrison, MAI on Oct 9th, 2015

I should have had the Diep Flap at the beginning, rather than have an implant after my mastectomy. Now, I have a scar on one breast from the original mastectomy. After two years, the implant hardened and moved up near my collar bone. I did not want the procedure of moving skin from my back to the front and putting in another implant. I was afraid/hesitant of getting the Diep Flap, but I got it in May 2015. I had zero pain. I look unbelievable. What a transformation. I am so thrilled with the results, I am so very happy. Dr. Lin is the best there is. When my friends saw me, they call Dr. Lin “The Magician”. Do not hesitate to get the Diep Flap surgery at Beth Israel Hospital with Dr. Lin, even if you have to travel.

Breast Reconstruction DIEP flap show details Breast Reconstruction DIEP flap
by MM on Sep 11th, 2015

I had breast reconstruction with Dr. Lin and it was an amazing success!! Wonderful bedside manner and really took the time to understand what I was going through. I would absolutely recommend him to any family member or friend. He is warm, thoughtful, and caring and office staff are so caring. Thank you so much!!

by Adobogiona on Jul 10th, 2015

I saw Dr. Lin for a reconstruction job after removal of a tumor. The reconstruction itself looks good and I am happy with the result. But I found him very binary in his interactions with me. When provided with compliments, Dr. Lin was being pleasant and enthusiastic, but when back to regular human interactions, he would slide into a cold stance, with an air of superiority and "what's the point?" While my interactions with him were not completely devoid of admiration, it is something I want to be able to provide freely, and not being aggressively coerced into it. As a person I understand the fact, that one might be hungry for external validation, as a patient, I think it is not OK, especially knowing the state of vulnerability you're in when facing reconstruction. Past the smooth manners and the charming façade, I felt used as a source of gratification and not attended to as a real person. I brought this to his attention, and he made it clear that since it is "healing well" I have nothing to complain about.

calm, intelligent, respectful show details calm, intelligent, respectful
by Martha Shea Smith on May 5th, 2015

Having just completed my second surgery with Dr Lin, I can honestly say that I trust him with my life. The work he has done has changed my self concept and improved my self esteem and as a result I am able to reach toward my personal potential with more enthusiasm.

Doctor with excellent skills and bedside manner show details Doctor with excellent skills and bedside manner
Sep 15th, 2012

Dr. Lin is caring, empathetic, on top of being an extremely skilled surgeon. He always provided me with the best care during a very difficult time in my life, having breast cancer. He helped me through reconstruction and did an incredible job! I highly recommend him.

Excellent Results!!! show details Excellent Results!!!
Aug 30th, 2012

I could not be happier with my plastic surgery procedure with Dr. Lin.. He has a caring bedside manner and is extremely detail oriented. I would recommend him to any family member or friend