Dr. Samuel Lin MD Patient Reviews

January 1st, 2017
Excellence in all aspects of care at every stage of process
I had several procedures during a single surgery for skin removal after massive weight loss (100+ pounds). My initial surgeon, himself a highly regarded board certified surgeon, recommended that Dr. Lin perform the interior thigh reduction/lift and spoke very highly of Dr. Lin's skills as a surgeon. The results-even at just six weeks post op - bear that out. Thighs can be tricky and results vary widely based on a number of factors unique to each patient. Dr. Lin was very clear and thorough in his assessment of my personal probable outcomes. We discussed options for shorter or longer scars and the impact on my overall satisfaction with the procedure. Dr. Lin was generous with his time, making sure I was fully informed and confident in the surgical plan we mapped out for my particular case. He was readily available to me before my surgery, checking in with me personally the night before and then calmly walking me through our plan again on the morning of surgery - all of which set me greatly at ease. My post surgery case has been just as impeccable. Every member of his team has been attentive to my healing process whether providing medical care or administrative support. His staff reflects his own meticulous standards and approachable, genuine concern for the care and comfort of their patient. I recommend Dr. Lin with the highest regard and without reservation for his surgical skills and his ability to connect and communicate with his patients. For me, both were necessary to have the best possible physical and aesthetic outcome and the least stressful experience overall.

September 26th, 2016
Wellness and Body Contouring after Weight Loss
Scheduling a body contouring procedure with Dr. Lin after losing over 1/3 of my body weight at age 60 translated to a new lease on life. When I saw my shape immediately following the lower body surgery my mood skyrocketed. Instead of dwelling on the dreaded guilt and shame associated with weight gain, I used the new space in my mind and physical energy to develop my creative side with my first one woman art show mounted this year. My motivation for gastric sleeve surgery followed by a lower body lift and thigh lift was the realization that I could either manage my illnesses while missing out on aspects of life or manage my health and wellness. Dr. Lin wasn't the first plastic surgeon I interviewed along the road, he was the most respectful. I knew he was brilliant from my research and when I met him I liked him very much. He exuded a humble confidence that wasn't intimidating. My determination to feel better about who I was as a person was matched by his belief that it was possible. And it's worked. The weight has stayed off and enjoyment of life is exponentially better. If you are considering the combination of weight loss surgery and plastic surgery, consult with Dr. Lin who is a very caring and polite surgeon with the highest technical skill.

September 6th, 2016
Rhinoplasty
Dr. Lin was by far the best doctor I've ever had. He's the ideal surgeon - he is extremely smart and clearly knows exactly what he's doing. He was able to answer every single question I had and even anticipated and addressed some of my concerns before I even realized I was worried about those things. He showed me pictures of work on past patients and I was amazed by how great all of them looked, and was so excited to think that one day it would be my picture he'd show someone that would inspire his/her trust in him. Dr. Lin is also one of the nicest, most down to earth people I know and I looked forward to every appointment, which I bet is something not a lot of people can say about their doctors. One of my current aspirations is to become a doctor, and if I do I hope to be exactly like Dr. Lin.

August 15th, 2016
Worst Office Support Staff
I had nothing but problems in dealing with the office staff, completely incompetent. I made an appointment months in advance, two weeks before appt while I was away, they leave me a message that they are canceling my appt cause they don't take my insurance. Then they called and said they do accept it. By then I had canceled the appt. When I tried to reschedule the told me I needed a test, I asked can I used results from prev test or does it need to be done again. They couldn't answer it even after 3 weeks, finally just booked appt figured I'd find out from Dr. Made an appt met with Dr like him a lot. Was told it takes a month to get approval from insurance. When I called them they said they would call insurance to see what was going on, never heard back. Called 2 weeks later, now they tell me because I have Medicare (which I told them) I have to go thru a different process which they could have told me back in May. Now it is 3 months later. I can not schedule surgery when I wanted to, now would have to push it out to Nov. I have decided to go to a different doctor, don't want to work with this office staff further!!

October 9th, 2015
Diep Flap Surgery
I should have had the Diep Flap at the beginning, rather than have an implant after my mastectomy. Now, I have a scar on one breast from the original mastectomy. After two years, the implant hardened and moved up near my collar bone. I did not want the procedure of moving skin from my back to the front and putting in another implant. I was afraid/hesitant of getting the Diep Flap, but I got it in May 2015. I had zero pain. I look unbelievable. What a transformation. I am so thrilled with the results, I am so very happy. Dr. Lin is the best there is. When my friends saw me, they call Dr. Lin “The Magician”. Do not hesitate to get the Diep Flap surgery at Beth Israel Hospital with Dr. Lin, even if you have to travel.

September 11th, 2015
Breast Reconstruction DIEP flap
I had breast reconstruction with Dr. Lin and it was an amazing success!! Wonderful bedside manner and really took the time to understand what I was going through. I would absolutely recommend him to any family member or friend. He is warm, thoughtful, and caring and office staff are so caring. Thank you so much!!

July 10th, 2015
I saw Dr. Lin for a reconstruction job after removal of a tumor. The reconstruction itself looks good and I am happy with the result. But I found him very binary in his interactions with me. When provided with compliments, Dr. Lin was being pleasant and enthusiastic, but when back to regular human interactions, he would slide into a cold stance, with an air of superiority and "what's the point?" While my interactions with him were not completely devoid of admiration, it is something I want to be able to provide freely, and not being aggressively coerced into it. As a person I understand the fact, that one might be hungry for external validation, as a patient, I think it is not OK, especially knowing the state of vulnerability you're in when facing reconstruction. Past the smooth manners and the charming façade, I felt used as a source of gratification and not attended to as a real person. I brought this to his attention, and he made it clear that since it is "healing well" I have nothing to complain about.

May 5th, 2015
calm, intelligent, respectful
Having just completed my second surgery with Dr Lin, I can honestly say that I trust him with my life. The work he has done has changed my self concept and improved my self esteem and as a result I am able to reach toward my personal potential with more enthusiasm.

September 15th, 2012
Doctor with excellent skills and bedside manner
Dr. Lin is caring, empathetic, on top of being an extremely skilled surgeon. He always provided me with the best care during a very difficult time in my life, having breast cancer. He helped me through reconstruction and did an incredible job! I highly recommend him.

August 30th, 2012
Excellent Results!!!
I could not be happier with my plastic surgery procedure with Dr. Lin.. He has a caring bedside manner and is extremely detail oriented. I would recommend him to any family member or friend