Dr. Samuel Kline MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Virginia Beach, VA

3.3

July 12th, 2016
Referral.
I have had problems. I was scheduled in one office in Virginia Beach, sent to the other office - MD was unable/unwilling to wait for me to drive over (1.5 hour drive to see him). Saw a PA - had an inaccurate diagnosis. Tried to schedule with MD again, had a death of an old friend 35 years knowing the family, went to re-schedule and was charged for not being able to meet appointment with MD. He was on vacation one time tried to see him. Anyway have called hourly to confirm the appointment, no return call as answering machine says they will. No call yesterday to confirm I even have the appointment. Bad business.

June 8th, 2016
Retired Educator; Retired Navy Submarine Medical Corpsman
First impressions are lasting impressions. I have total confidence in Dr. Kline as he takes care of my carpal tunnel problem. My first impression: professional, good listener, explained what my wrist/hand problem was and offered realistic treatment options and treated me with the utmost respect. Lasting impression: it's very comforting to know I am in good hands (no pun intended) with Dr. Kline as confidence is part of the treatment regime.

April 26th, 2016
Incredibly smart guy. Got me fixed up in no time.

December 31st, 2015
Rude and Seemed like he'd rather be anywhere but seeing patients
I felt like I was taking up his precious time and wished I'd never made an appointment with him.

February 2nd, 2015
Risky
Doesn't follow through with the patient. Left messages for him and his secretary and neither contacted me back.

December 15th, 2014
I have seen him on four occasions and am seeking a new physician. He is very abrupt, does not listen to my symptoms. He cuts me off when I try to tell him where my hand hurts. On first visit for left hand, after x ray he said it is DEFINITELY NOT arthritis, it is tendonitis. Gave me a brace and pills & .said if not better in four weeks we'll try cortisone and then maybe surgery. When I went back still in pain, he said it is not tendonitis , it is arthritis and ordered physical therapy. Gets up and walks out. Never asked if I had any questions.

April 15th, 2014
Dr. Kline
Dr. Kline is very professional, compassionate and very thorough. His diagnosis, surgical procedure and follow up are exemplary.

December 20th, 2013
My Experience
Great surgeon. Not very personable. Terse explanations. I felt like I was slowing him down when I interacted with him. When I first got my diagnosis, I was still in a bit of shock with what he told me, then the appointment was ended and I was scheduled for surgery.

September 17th, 2013
avoid this Dr at all costs
Three Appointments was sat for over 2 hours in a room each time Had Three other Doctors i sent my MRI and Exrays to out of State and they said i needed Surgery Immediatly, He said wait a month slapped on a wrist brace and sent me on my way. He wouldn't read my MRI without a report from the MRI tech so i had to may another appointment 2 weeks later cause he was going on vacation never saw him on that visit ofter siittin 1 and a half hours in a room After a total of six hours in the office i saw the Dr for a total of 8 min....

March 2nd, 2013
Terrible personality
Very pompous and rude. Told me nothing about the surgery for carpel tunnel. When I started to ask a question about the surgery he said is staff would answer any questons. Nurse knew nothing and seemed very frustrated. She said she doesn't usually work with him. I asked the Anethesiologist just before he put me to sleep if he could tell me what was going to happen. He did not do any follow-up after my surgery. I contacted the office to inquire about follow-up appointments. The 2 follow-up appointments I had with him; again he spent no time to discuss anything or what I could expect now that the procedure was over.

September 28th, 2012
Not a people person! He seems to think of himself as higher or better than his patients. He never really looked me in my eye took about 5 mins with me, his assistant was also a bit on the I know everything side. I would not recommend this hand guy, I found a new one since names Dr Iiams who is great!! Also a friends child went to Dr Kline for a fracture and without telling the parent much and without medication or numbing agent manipulated the bone back into place, my friends child was terrified of doctors after that.

September 11th, 2012
Dr. Kline is a terrific surgeon. His care and treatment couldn't have been better. Had a better than expected result. I appreciated his direct and thorough explanations of my diagnosis, treatment and follow-up. His staff was great too. Overall, a very positive experience.