Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

2.5

Saw this horror at TriPoint ER show details Saw this horror at TriPoint ER
May 2nd, 2011

Was instructed by my OB to go to the ER from severe abdominal, back, urethral pain. My urine was off-color, full of biofilm, and blood. It took Kupfer, who I won't refer to as doctor, over two hours to even come in my room in the middle of the night in an ER not even a quarter full. When he finally came in he had the wrong chart, disregarded my concerns about comorbidity with postpartum thyroiditis I'm suffering from, and wouldn't listen to my pleas for pain relief when I delivered my daughter without even getting an NSAID and have a prescription for percocet. The nurse requested I fill out a complaint and said she documents his actions every night in her journal. He told me he was doing me a favor by giving me an ultrasound upon request of my OB/GYN because I have a 5 cm ovarian cyst. He prescribed amoxicillin which isn't indicated for severe UTIs and didn't draw blood for any tests. After being diagnosed it took over three hours to leave and the nurse had to get him to fill out the prescription. Two other women in rooms next to me were in tears and literally begging and screaming for help. This was by far the worst medical experience of my life, and I've never been disregarded in such an uncaring manner by a healthcare provider. If you read this Kupfer, take a moment to reread the Hippocratic oath, and realize that if a lot of people disagree with your opinions then hubris may be guiding your judgment more than objectivity.