Dr. Samuel Lam MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

November 2nd, 2016
See this man. See ONLY this man. He is a true artist. I have twice traveled from New Jersey to Texas to see Dr. Lam and, like others, would gladly travel from far continents to receive treatment in his safe and talented hands. I am supremely confident that you will find him as impressive as I and his other devotees do. Initially, I sought out Dr. Lam to remove lip silicone granulomas. This is a very tricky procedure, one that can be disfiguring in inexpert hands. Consequently, few surgeons in the world offer this procedure. Of those few, only Dr. Lam does it regularly and, more important, well. I liked Dr. Lam at first sight. He’s good-natured, confident and down-to-earth. He walked me through my lip procedure. He was skilled, gentle. I didn’t feel a thing. Renowned for his facial plastic surgery, I shared with Dr. Lam that I had noticed a lot of skin laxity after I hit 40 and asked whether he thought I was a good candidate for a mini facelift. Dr. Lam decisively replied, "No," then explained that what I was seeing was a loss of face volume. He said dermal fillers could restore my lost volume and (with Botox) could help me to appear youthful again. I gave it a shot, receiving Botox and then filler in my temples, around my eyes, and in my mid- and lower face. Dr. Lam was right. I walked into his office a 41-year-old and walked out looking a decade younger. The transformation was miraculous. A week later, my lip stitches dissolved and the lump on my lower and upper lip were gone. I live outside of New York City, home to many of the world's top surgeons. But when it came time for another round of Botox and fillers, I flew back to Texas to see Dr. Lam. There is simply no one else I trust to safely give the dramatic, natural results he consistently delivers. Overall, I had the same positive experience, only this time I left with an even higher opinion of the man. His mastery of facial plastics aside, I have yet to encounter another surgeon who is as thoughtful and ethical where his patients are concerned. On my last visit I wondered aloud if I would benefit from various surgical tweaking. Dr. Lam insisted I needed none of the above and essentially advised me to run should another surgeon suggest otherwise. Now, I haven’t even touched on Dr. Lam’s staff, who, by the way, think the world of Dr. Lam. I could rave about them for just as long, but I’m guessing I’m already over my word limit. In short, you will be hard-pressed to find a more charming, kind and competent group of professionals.

August 23rd, 2016
extremely pleased with Lam Facial Plastics!
I've had a wonderful experience with Lam Facial Plastics. Dr. Lam was thorough and efficient during every meeting. The staff was extremely nice and never failed to go above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and attended to. There were no surprises during surgery and everything ran smoothly. I'm pleased with how great the results are! I have more recovering to do before the swelling completely goes down, but even now I look much better and have achieved a more open eye look. Dr. Lam prepared me with everything I need to know about recovery time and care. I am very glad I trusted him with my cosmetic surgery experience!

August 18th, 2016
Rhinoplasty
I have wanted to have this procedure done for a very long time, but with all of the horror stories that go along with plastic surgery, I was a little nervous about actually going through with it. Dr. Lam put those fears to rest during my first appointment. One thing that stood out to me is that he has his very own art on the walls in the waiting room. I knew that I was going to have a very meticulous artist reshaping my new nose! He is very confident, professional, and lets you know in detail what he plans to do. After surgery, I had minimal bruising, which improved over the next several days. I had some swelling on the third day of recovery, and then my face improved very quickly. I would absolutely choose Dr. Lam again if I had to do over. He is a perfectionist, and I would trust him with any surgery. He and his staff handled everything with so much care and ease. Today, my nose looks natural and perfect! Dr. Lam gave me my confidence back. I am so happy with the result.

April 23rd, 2016
Best face Doctor
He is a very good Doctor and he takes his time to make you look your best

March 24th, 2016
Dr. Lam and his staff are awesome. I never feel rushed. All my questions are answered. Dr Lam tells you up front what he can and cannot achieve so there is never any surprises or disappointments.

February 29th, 2016
Fillers for Bells Palsy
I saw Dr. Lam for dermal fillers. I have Bell’s Palsy, so I opted for dermal fillers and Botox. A friend of mine had recommended Dr. Lam. My procedure was about two weeks ago and I'm just real pleased with how it went. Dr. Lam explained everything real well and I think he just did a wonderful job on me.

September 23rd, 2015
Botox and others
I saw Dr. Lam for Botox and dermal fillers about half an hour ago. Originally, I think I found his office in the yellow pages; it has been a while. I have been a patient with him for about seven years. Describing Dr. Lam, I would say he is artistic. He has the eye for seeing what your face needs to have done. I will recommend Dr. Lam to anyone who wants to have a similar procedure.

August 18th, 2015
I used dr lam for a hair transplant procedure, this was my 3rd one and It doesn't even compare to the 2 prior, which were with other drs. The pain was minimal and the healing process was much faster. If your thinking of getting a hair transplant, dr lam and his staff are by far the best in the industry.

July 24th, 2015
Micro silicon droplets extruding from top lip
I had "micro-droplet silicon" 10 years ago. It is now a regular part of my morning routine to see whether I have a 'dot' to pull of with fine-point tweezers. I believe the silicon is pushing its way out, extruding, just at the tip of my lips' cupid's bow. I pluck it off (about weekly, now) like a skin-tag. I would NOT recommend getting silicone in your lips, regardless how talented a surgeon tells you he is.

June 4th, 2015
I've been to a few surgeons over the years and I have to say that my experience with Dr. Lam was probably one of the most memorable. He was 100% honest with me and did an amazing job. His staff was so attentive and helpful...they made me feel right at home. I never thought I'd be laughing hysterically during surgery LOL. Dr. Lam is hilarious. Even if my results were horrible, which is NOT the case, I'd gladly come back to Dr. Lam just for the experience alone.

May 29th, 2015
Botox with great doc
I recently saw Dr. Lam for Botox. I have been seeing him for about 10 years total. He is wonderful; very artistic yet very minimal at the same time, too. It's very subtle, the changes that he makes. So, while I wouldn't say I'm reverse aging, but I'd definitely say we've got a good handle at it. I have already recommended Dr. Lam to others looking at the same procedure.

April 29th, 2015
Dr. Sam Lam is an artist
I saw Dr. Lam for fillers – Juvederm and Restylane. This was about two weeks ago. Originally, I read about Dr. Lam’s office and actually had come to him several years ago for a consultation. He is great, very realistic and explains things to me. I just felt like Dr. Lam has the sense of an artist, knowing what he is going to do and how to make you look. So far I am very happy with my results. I’m particular pleased that my face looks more rested. Underneath my eyes the hollows there are much less noticeable. I will be recommending Dr. Lam to others.