Plastic Surgeon, Cosmetic Surgeon
6101 Chapel Hill Blvd
Ste 101
Plano, TX 75093
(972) 312-8188
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dr. Lam is a fantastic doctor  |  show details
by Stephanie Cullen on Jul 3rd, 2014

Somebody that I worked with told me about Dr. Lam to remove my mole. Dr. Lam is very patient and easy going. He is very easy to talk to and you feel very comfortable with every step of the procedure because of him. I am very satisfied with my results and would recommend Dr. Lam to someone else. Even his staff members were always courteous and helpful. They answered and questions that I had and were very prompt. As soon as I walked into the office I was taken care of.

|  Fat Transfer  |  show details
by Briana Spears on May 15th, 2014

Last year in March I had a fat transfer with Dr. Lam and I just had my one year follow up. I just felt like I was at the point in my life where I felt like I needed a lift. I was looking too tired because of aging but I didn't want to look like I had plastic surgery like some people do after a facelift. I did research on the fat transfer procedure and I found that Dr. Lam is basically the only one in the Dallas area that does it. I look like I’m rested and I look more refreshed. The first word that comes to mind when I think of Dr. Lam is: artist. He can fix anything and make it look better. Everybody on his staff seems to be friendly and makes you feel comfortable and welcome. Overall I am very satisfied and I will continue to come to him for touch-ups like the filler I had done today. I am very pleased with his office and my results.

|  Dr. Samuel Lam is worth traveling to go see!  |  show details
by Samantha Avery on Apr 23rd, 2014

My next door neighbor is a doctor and he told me that Dr. Lam was fantastic and suggested that I come here. So I came from South Carolina to Dallas to see him for my Artefill. He is very personable and I didn’t have any pain. Dr. Lam made me feel comfortable. The entire experience is delightful. He has really done art on me. I was in a really bad car wreck and so he suggested that have some filler. He pointed out that my nose had one side that was collapsed, after my rhinoplasty. I didn’t really know and it didn’t bother me. I knew that it was messed up and he totally rebuilt it and it looks fantastic. I'm so excited. I will absolutely recommend Dr. Lam to anyone. I’m very happy with the fact that I look about 10 years younger and that I don’t have a lot of swelling. I'm able to go right back to my normal routine when I get home. It’s amazing.

|  I trust Dr. Lam completely  |  show details
by Maya C. on Apr 7th, 2014

I've been to see Dr. Lam several times after I had heard his name from a friend of my daughter’s. I’m 65 and I have a lot more wrinkles than I used to have. I didn't want to get a facelift and I asked him what he could do other than major surgery, and he worked out a tailored plan for me. In the last hour I've had some filler done. Dr. Lam is wonderful, personable, very honest and I certainly trust him. He is great and his staff is great. I've had wonderful experience.

|  Dr. Lam is amazing  |  show details
by HazelW on Mar 21st, 2014

I wanted to change under my eyes so I researched online and read the high reviews that Dr. Lam has. I've come in four times now, and today I had a filler. Typically I’m scared to do things like this but he made me feel so comfortable. I wasn't getting anything major done, I just wanted to fix under my eyes. Dr. Lam is an amazing doctor. I think he is excellent and his work is excellent. I love him. If I stay in Spain I will fly here for him. I trust him and whatever he thinks I should do I will. I receive compliments and I repeatedly, over and over, recommend Dr. Lam. I’m so happy with him and my results. On a scale of 1 to 10, he is beyond. I’d give him at least a 20. I picked with my gut instinct and ended up with the perfect doctor. I wish I could come to him for everything.

|  Acne scarring treatment  |  show details
by Barry England on Mar 19th, 2014

I've seeing Dr. Lam for about a year for Silicone injections for acne scarring. I found him after searching online and was really impressed, especially by his videos. Dr. Lam is concerned, empathetic, energetic and very consultative. He had a nice gradual approach to my problem. I really didn't feel like he was pressuring me into something that was probably more than what I really wanted to do. He told me it would take between 3 and 5 treatments but that we would assess after we hit three to see. So far I’m very happy and it’s made very good improvements.

|  My skin looks better than ever  |  show details
by AMalone20 on Feb 18th, 2014

I drive past Dr. Lam’s office as part of my normal travel and I just looked him up online. His father was actually my first family practice doctor when I was just starting out life in my 20’s. Dr. Lam was very informative and everything he said was the exact truth. My facial fat transfers and CO2 laser that I did 12 days ago went exactly like he said it would go. Dr. Lam is very careful, follows excellent procedures, and cares about cleanliness. The whole experience has been excellent. Everyone at his office was nice, well informed and very organized. They always took me on time. They were very helpful, answered all of my questions. They seemed to know based from experience and from educational background a great deal about surgery and these procedures. I'm doing great and am very happy with the results. I feel great now. I still have some swelling, but if I had to go back to work this week, I could have very easily. They just don’t need me this week. My skin just looks beautiful. It looks better than it’s looked in 40 years. It really has been wonderful. I will say that the first three days, I didn’t feel very good, and I was like, “oh my goodness, what have I done?” But he said in 7 to 10 days I would see results, and then of course my next follow up and I was just amazed. After a week I was like 200% better. It was just amazing. I wish all doctors for all surgeries would give such explicit written instruction so you know what to do and what to expect. That was very helpful

|  Very Dissapointed  |  show details
by BC on Feb 10th, 2014

Really feel like I was let down by this person. Very rude and seems to have an agenda.. wouldn't recommend.

|  Lip reconstruction  |  show details
by Hilda Sweet on Dec 18th, 2013

Three years ago Dr. Lam reconstructed my lips, and this time I had fillers. He did a great job and I will say that is something to take into consideration because lip reconstruction is very difficult. He is great and so patient. I was very afraid before and years passed by before I had the surgery. Now it looks perfect, like nothing ever happened. It's so natural, you can't even tell. Nobody can tell. He is patient and he knows what he is doing. The staff is so polite and so patient too, because I'm very annoying. Of course, I would recommend Dr. Lam.

|  Horrible doctor  |  show details
Nov 23rd, 2013

This guy is a butcher. He will leave you scarred for life. I got a hair transplant w horrible results. Run away!

|  Dr. Samuel Lam's Fat Grafts - Not fat just clumps of dead tissue and adhesions  |  show details
Oct 16th, 2013

Dr. Samuel Lam injects you with DEAD tissue which leaves mainly adhesions and scar and underneath your skin which is irreversible. That bowl of yellow mushy gunk that he sucked out of you and injecting your face with is are not living tissue but is mostly dead, necrotic tissue. Clinical studies by researcher showed genuine fat grafts do not last and Dr. Samuel Lam has never proven his own fat truly remains as "fat". All that leftover volume which did not reabsorb that you see 6 months later isn't living graft but dead tissue. Sadly it doesn't stop there. The dead tissue inside your skin isn't just from the clumps of yellow mushed up dead fatty mixture which he injects into you but its also from needle trauma from him ramming that needle aggressively in and out, and moving side to side slicing parts of your skin from the inside. There is nothing gentle about this slicing and dicing from the inside which is why he prefers general anesthesia to knock you right out completely whereas many other plastic surgeons are able to do it locally. His technique is so aggressive he just tons of scar which is permanent and can never be removed unless you go back in and cut out parts of your own natural skin. Once you go through fat graft with this man you've reached the point of no return. Dr. Lam is also foolishly promoting 5-FU when it isn't remotely useful for that amount of scar he injects his patients with, that dead tissue needs to be taken out surgically and even if you do it surgically you will only end up removing parts of your original tissue. To the unbelievers, get a biopsy of an area you were grafted and have it looked at by a state medical pathologist. Also any surgeon who inserts a needle back into your skin will definitely feel those hard adhesions and find it hard to maneuver that needle around because of all that resistance from the dead tissue.

|  bad experience- dermal filler  |  show details
by Dana on Sep 20th, 2013

For my upcoming special event, I chose to enhance my lips with temporary dermal filler. Thank God, I chose something temporary, otherwise, if it was permanent like silicone, it was going to be the worst mistake of my life. Mr. Lam injected the temporary filler into my lips. After the injection was made, they never called me to check up on me or set up a post procedure-follow up appointment. The swelling on my lips, especially lower lip, did not go down for almost a week which concerned me. I called them to ask, if this was normal. They asked me to come in and show it to Mr. Lam. Mr. Lam looked at it and said some of the filling material went in to the wrong area inside my lips, and that looked like a swelling, but it was actually the material used was collected below and inside my lower lip. (He injected it to the wrong area). He punctured inside my lower lip and squeezed the excessive material/filler out. My lips swell for another 4 to 5 days after this. End result, my upper lip is now uneven, one side is thicker/bigger than the other side. It is very visible especially when I smile. I hate looking at my photos that was taken during the event. This was a simple procedure, not even a serious surgery. I am anxiously waiting for the unevenness of my lips going away, as the filler dissolves over time. I question his talent, skills and dexterity. How can you inject the filler to the wrong area and why could you not prevent the uneven look, injecting one side more than the other causing me to have a distorted, skewed upper lip? I got the same procedure done 5 years ago and never had these problems.

|  my younger self  |  show details
by Charmaine Burke on Sep 13th, 2013

I did injections: one syringe of Juvederm and Restylane. It was my second time. I read his blogs and his level of knowledge and when I met him the first time, I realized that he was really artistic, and that as a patient, I didn't need to tell him what I wanted. He did actually guide me toward just looking younger. That's why I probably never go see else, really, because he is so artistic. There's always a little tiny bit of discomfort associated getting fillers. I have done fillers out of state, and it was way more painful. With Dr. Lam, you don't even need a painkiller or anything, like he just does it with ice, and it's a little uncomfortable but at least your face is not frozen after. It's very bearable, you know. It's a little uncomfortable but it's totally fine. You see results right away because it's volume fillers. So far, I really like it. I look like my younger self, definitely, but I guess, after two or three days, the swelling will go down. The last time that I did it, I was extremely satisfied and that's why I'm back. I recommend it to my friends. The people that are hesitating should come and see Dr. Lam.

|  scar coverup/hair restoration  |  show details
by Walter Bush on Sep 5th, 2013

It was Hair Restoration to cover a scar that I had, and the procedure was done yesterday by Dr. Lam. I looked at his reviews and his credentials. Everybody said that he delivers very good results and very personable. It was good. Everybody was very nice, very caring. It's been great, with minimum swelling. He made sure I got any medicine in case for pain or discomfort. Everything had been great. I don't see the final results right now but I can tell that the scar is not that visible anymore. He is an excellent doctor, very friendly and the staff always made sure that all my questions were answered before I left the office. They made me feel comfortable.

|  read good reviews here so decided to go to him  |  show details
by Cecelia Alford on Aug 28th, 2013

I recenty had a Microdrop Selection Injection procedure although Dr. Lam has done the same procedure on me twice before. It all began with an Internet search for a qualified doctor, then I found Dr. Lam's web site and read his patient reviews. Of all the doctors who did the procedure he seemed the best of them. My experiences with him in the past have always been very good. He always explains what I can expect of the procedure and he has a great bedside manner. He is forthcoming in answering any questions. And his staff is great. I am grateful to have found Dr. Lam because I have tried other doctors for other procedures. I can say that this has been the first time I've been pleased with the results.

|  WORST SURGEON  |  show details
by Saman on Aug 26th, 2013

I think the good reviews are submitted by people who work for him because his plastic surgery skills are not praise worthy! I got fooled by his youtube videos but I guess his success rate is 1% which he shows online. He has no talent!! His plastic surgery skills are HORRIBLE to say the least. When a surgeon has negative reviews, you need to be extra cautious. Do not disregard these reviews as those of haters, because we were patients of him as well. No one will sit here and write negative reviews for no reason. Otherwise all surgeons would have negative reviews on the net and they don't. Do plastic surgery with him at your own risk. BEWARE!!DO YOUR RESEARCH! and FIND A BETTER SURGEON!

|  He is the guy to go to!  |  show details
by Elba Young on Jun 28th, 2013

I had wanted Rhinoplasty for about 25 years and went to two other doctors last year for a consultation before Dr. Lam, but I wasn’t thrilled about their 3D imaging. I didn’t like what I was seeing and even though they were top rated surgeons, something just didn’t feel right with me. I didn’t feel like they were compassionate or truly interested in making you feel like you’re part of the family and going to take care of you like Dr. Lam. Plus, Dr. Lam has his own operating room in his facility so you don’t have to go to a hospital. The staff is very thorough and detailed so you know exactly what’s going to happen. The results of the Rhinoplasty have been incredible. It’s a miracle. I just can’t imagine that it could be any better or if any other doctor could have done it as amazingly as he did. If I had known what I know now I would have done this the day he opened his center. If anyone is contemplating any type of cosmetic surgery above the neck, he is the guy to go to.

|  Extremely happy with the results  |  show details
by Stephen Moore88 on Apr 18th, 2013

I’ve always had full lips and wanted thinner lips, so I went with Dr. Lam for Lip Reduction surgery in December 2012. I was very concerned about what might happen during and after surgery but everything went very smoothly. Dr. Lam explained to me the risks associated with the procedure and was very straightforward about the recovery time and the complications. I think the actual procedure went extremely well and it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Dr. Lam’s reviews online said he was an artist and that he was great. Several people in the reviews had gone to him for Lip Reduction surgery and were extremely happy with the results.

|  Dr. Lam has a subtle touch  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2013

Dr. Lam did my mom's fat grafting procedure for overall facial hollowness and thinness. She is about 4 years out from her surgery and her face and skin look great. The fat grafting looks very natural and gives her a glow. She also looks a whole lot younger. The fat has held up well, though my mom does get fillers for areas that need a little touch up here and there. Dr. Lam is very patient and pays an incredible amount of attention to detail. If you have questions to ask him, write them down so you don't forget and he will answer all of the questions you have. Dr. Lam is also good about not pushing certain procedures on you. He'll tell you the ideal option but then work with you depending on your budget - so it's definitely no pressure. His work is pretty subtle though. So if you are expecting drastic changes, he might not be the doctor to go to. Lots of times after getting his treatment, you can't tell what he did, but you know your face looks better. His staff is very friendly as well. The only thing is, if you want an appointment with Dr. Lam, you'll probably have to make it 2 months in advance. His schedule books up very quickly.

by Shirley J. Whaley on Feb 28th, 2013

I've been having little preventive things and Fillers and Botox with Dr. Lam since 2007 and it's always been a great experience. He is an amazing doctor. He tells you what you need and if you don't need it, he just tells you. He is a very experienced person and really knows his work. I’ve never bruised. I look better today at 46 than I did six years ago. I compare what he's done through time and I really trust him with my eyes. The eyes are a very dangerous area and he has special tools and I am very surprised with the results. I couldn't believe it. I opted for the permanent filler and the results are 50 times better than just the Restylane. It looks incredible. He does good work. I’ve never had a problem with lumping or anything like that. I will only recommend him because you don't want to risk your eyesight to anyone else, because he uses tools that most doctors don't, and he specializes only on the face and I think also because of his uniqueness, of his skill and I think definitely for safety more than any more than anything else.

|  I would recommend Dr. Lam to anyone  |  show details
by Martin G. on Jan 22nd, 2013

I had Micro-droplets in September. Dr. Lam has a lot of experience over any other doctor that I researched. When I went to visit him for a consultation it was a phenomenal experience. He makes you feel very comforting, very ensuring, very education and seamless. I would recommend him to anyone! He’s top-notch! His staff is wonderful.

|  wonderful, made my decision on the spot  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2012

The consultation with Dr. Lam for Rhinoplasty and Artefill was so wonderful that I did not have to go to any other doctor. I was very, very content. And the staff is just as concerned about the patient as the doctor is. Dr. Lam is very experienced and he knows his work- he can explain to you detail by detail. He also makes you feel like family, like he cares.

|  Dr. Lam is great  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2012

I received a Fat Transfer on my face, about five years ago. I found Dr. Lamonline. I liked that he had a video explaining the procedure. It was verydetailed. My face was disfigured due to acne marks. After the procedure Ilook so much better and younger. Over the time my skin has just continued toimprove. Dr. Lam is great. The Fat Transfer was great, it has given me longlasting results.

|  eye filler  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2012

Dr. Lam just did my eye filler and I did not feel a thing. His injection technique is excellent; I didnt even know he was sticking me. He puts a little ice on each eye for about five seconds and actually starts the injections in the middle of the skin so you dont feel it. And the environment is very comforting, so its just a piece of cake. I would absolutely recommend him.

|  youthful look  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2012

I first got my lips done with silicone and Dr. Lam was very good at making my lips look natural. Ive been doing fillers under my eyes, on my cheeks and on my temples, and I just think that he is very good with that. Hes meticulous and will tell you what he can and cannot do. But hes given me more of a youthful look and Ive been really satisfied with his work.

|  He has a great touch  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2012

Dr. Lam knows exactly how to inject Botox without being too painful. He knows how to distract your attention from the pain and I dont get a lot of bruising. I can easily go back to work afterwards and it lasts very well. Hes also on the cutting edge for new discoveries. Hes always done a really good job and I feel like Im in great hands.

|  Hes very knowledgeable and professional with an extreme attention to detail.  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2012

I had a Hair Transplant in January and it was excellent. The office staff was all very nice and they made me feel very comfortable during the whole process. The recovery was very good, but I definitely had some shock loss where you lose a lot of the hair around where some of your procedure was but that went away after about 4 months. Now at 9 months the results are excellent. Ive seen probably 85% - 90% improvement and I would definitely recommend Dr. Lam.

Oct 9th, 2012

Dr. Lam believes in being natural when it comes to Botox and Juvederm, and he also has a technique that doesnt hurt. I had been skeptical and concerned, but he really has a way about him and takes the time to explain how he does everything. He truly does a fabulous job.

|  It looks like a natural hairline.  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2012

Im a very cautious person and I was nervous that the hair transplant procedure would work, but when I went to Dr. Lam he was very reassuring and his whole staff is just incredibly wonderful. The result of the hair transplant has been far, far beyond my expectation and the whole procedure from beginning to end has been pleasant. Its calming and virtually pain-free. Within six months it starts growing in, and they do a great job aesthetically. It looks like a natural hairline.

|  Sam Lam - Negligent Doctor  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2012

Dr. Sam Lam is irresponsible and unfit to practice medicine. He left the practice while I was still unconscious under general anesthesia and I was left alone with a couple of nurses. It took time for the anesthesia to wear off and I nearly passed out as I walked to the restroom by myself with no assistance. Where was he? Where were the anesthesiologists he hired? If he had an emergency to tend to while I was still unconscious why could he not make sure an anesthesiologist was present at the facilities to make sure that I recovered. I blacked out a few times on the way to the restroom to get changed from the gown and nearly hit my head on the toilet. I was so uncoordinated and the room was practically spinning. I never received an apology for him running out on me while I was unconscious. Cosmetic surgeons who are self employed need to be held just as accountable as doctors in hospitals. My hope is that this is relayed to the appropriate authorities because Dr. Lam needs to be brought before them and warned and investigated for negligence before the American Medical Association or the Medical Board in Plano, Texas.

|  very positive difference  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2012

When Dr. Lam performed my Hair Restoration surgery, he used something called platelet enhanced plasma, and because of this there is very little swelling. I've seen about five doctors and had surgery with one other, and there is just no comparison. Dr. Lam has got to be one of the best in the world, and hes got an entire team that really knows what they're doing. There is no mark of where they took the hair from. I expect the hair growth process to be much faster as well since the healing process has been so much quicker. The difference between the first surgery and this one couldnt be more different in a positive way.

|  I highly recommend him, all the way.  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2012

Dr. Lam has an excellent reputation and I had seen his work. I heard other women who had their procedures with him and were extremely happy with the whole process and the results. I had the fat grafting and dermabrasion with him in Plano and hes very professional and detailed. What I like is that my cheeks are so smooth and feel youthful, and I have fewer lines around my mouth. My friends tell me how beautiful and good I look. Dr. Lams expertise is in the face; he can look at you and know just exactly what would make you look the best, and do it in a natural way. Hes artistic about the way he does his work. I highly recommend him, all the way.

|  Great experience, I've been back again a couple of times  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

A few years prior to the full Facial Fat Transfer and Rhinoplasty surgery I had with Dr. Lam, I had been watching TV and I saw him doing an interview. I remembered his name because it struck me that he only does plastic surgery from the neck up. He was triple board certified and that was important to me. Two years ago I scheduled an appointment to speak with Dr. Lam and he asked me what my concerns were. I mentioned having some sagging skin of the face and under my eyes and issues with my nose area. He gave me his suggestions and he showed me pictures and alternatives to doing a facelift, which I did not need at that time. Hes actually talked me out of doing procedures before so I know he is honest.He was very good about explaining everything including risks and what to expect so I went through with this surgery. My recovery was actually really, really great. The staff made sure I was comfortable and Dr. Lam personally called me the evening of the surgery to check on me. Of course my face was swollen and felt tight from the Fat Injections, but I didnt have any pain from the Rhinoplasty. When I had to get my stitches out, this staff held my hand and Dr. Lam told me what I would feel. My experience went so well that Ive already been back for Injectable Fillers and Botox. I highly recommend him because hes done such a wonderful job.

|  Ten minutes later, my looks were back to normal.  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2012

I found Dr. Lam because I wanted to go to whoever was best and a doctor friend of mine researched and said he said this was the best. I've used other doctors before Dr. Lam but I have returned to him time and again for Botox treatments and fillers. The results have been perfect. I was thrilled with what he did. Under my eyes, the skin was really sunken in and he filled that. I was nervous about having someone do something in that area, but it was basically painless. Ten minutes later, my looks were back to normal.

Jun 14th, 2012

Dr. Lam took a great deal of time to explain everything before having Perlane and Botox. The experience has been wonderful and I think its because of his expertise. He has a great technique- no bruising or swelling- and he does an excellent job. They just care about the patient and they look out for their best interest, and that is what is it all about. I have never experienced anything like this. Dr. Lam is fantastic.

|  Wonderful results with Fat Grafting Procedure  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2012

I had the Fat Grafting procedure and some Fillers done, and it was wonderful. I felt prepared and I was excited to have it done. They kept checking on me when I spent the night, so I felt really comfortable. His staff was never too busy to not answer my questions or to help me out. They are so kind when you come in and they remember about you and your family, so I enjoyed that. I live five and a half hours away and they were constantly checking on me at home. I healed very well and had no problems whatsoever. Now I have a natural glow and Im very happy with it. I suggest anyone to come see Dr. Lam because you will be very, very pleased.

|  A doctor with integrity  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2012

I go to Dr. Lam about twice a year for botox. I have already written a good review for that. The last time I was there I remarked that he must have somebody or a couple somebodys out to hurt him. I asked him should I write as many reviews as possible and he told me a flat NO, and said very emphatically that isnt the right way and he only wants to do what is the right thing. I already said this is my second review, but I want to point out that the Internet is really nuts these days. I think as layperson that the worst nightmare for any doctor or professional is to pull a pyscho patient and theres no other way to say it. Look around the web and these hateful ranters all sound about the same and then turn it on the doctor when somebody honest shows up to say a good word. There are people who will dedicate their sorry lives to spending every free minute writing hateful crazy garbage about a person for no other reason but that they can.

|  for a scar revision, very helpful  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2012

I had a scar revision with Dr. Lam and its not as noticeable as it was before. He has been extremely helpful and I would recommend him.

|  great doc  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2012

There is obviously someone out to get Dr Lam judging by lots of negative reviews written in 2009. I am thinking it could be a competitor. These reviews are all written in the same style, clearly the same person. He is a great MD.in my opinion. Another MD from D Magazines Top MD List left me with a horrible and painful scar underneath my ear after a lift. He could or would not do anything to treat it. It is called a keloid scar and there is almost no way to get rid of these pesky and disfiguring scars. However Dr Lam has done a tremendous job with it. Also his fillers are wonderful!! Please disregard all those STUPID negative reviews. They are truly suspicious.

|  botox, restylane and perlane, very impressed with technique  |  show details
by consuiorlof on Jan 18th, 2012

I really like Dr. Lam a lot. I appreciate the time he took at the beginning to explain the difference between products or even fat transfer. He even gave me an option to make the decision. So I decided to go with Botox, Restylane and Perlane. I was very impressed with his technique because I had minor bruising even though I tend to bruise really easy. So my bruising was very minimal compared to what I had experienced with other plastic surgeons in the past. I felt really bad for myself because I had spent so much money with the other plastic surgeons and never ever had these kinds of results. I always looked tired and I was getting sick of everybody telling me that I looked tired regardless of how much rest I was getting. My eyes looked a lot better after Dr.Lam injected some Restylane underneath my eyes. It really filled that hollowness and he gave me that rested look that I was looking for.His staff was phenomenal as well! They took the time to explain everything to me. In addition, Dr. Lams prices compared to other surgeons are very reasonable. I wouldn't say he is not expensive but I would say for the quality you get it's definitely worth it. Plus, he is not charging as much as some other people that dont know what they are doing. I feel really confident in saying that Dr. Lam and his staff are the best. I am very happy with the way things worked out!

|  Helped me regain nice appearance  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2011

I began losing my hair in 2004 after going through a rough spot, losing my job, deaths in my family. Even though I always had thick and full hair I began to see what looked like male pattern baldness. I was only 49 and looked terrible. Needless to say I was very self-conscious and it affected me in many ways, none good. Dr. Lam saw me and first recommended a thorough physical with my primary and an consult with a dermatologist. They determined the cause was not hereditary. I won't explain the technical side but once I was stabilized (endocrine factors) I asked Dr. Lam to give me a plan to restore my bald spots and hairline. In March we started. I chose to do it all at once and get it over with. In the end, it was not nearly as painful as I had thought it'd be. The hard part was being patient and living with some slight itching while the healing went on. Now my hair is coming in really good. I'm beginning to feel like my old self again after being afraid that I'd just have to live like I was. I am so thankful for their help over there and would tell anyone not to give up, go see them.

|  got my smile back  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2011

I will forever be grateful to Dr. lam for giving me my smile back.In 1991 a dermatologist told me she could even out my upper lip, which was visibly thinner on one side. She over injected the thin side then compensated by trying to even out the other side. The end result was horrible but she assured me that I would look normal again in 3-6 months when the collagen she injected would be reabsorbed. I spent the next 20 years with an upper lip that was grossly, obviously and badly augmented with silicone. Three weeks ago I traveled from Switzerland to Texas to have my upper lip corrected by Dr Lam in what was a completely painless operation. Today my lips not only look completely natural but Dr. Lam gave me what I never had before, a symmetrical upper lip.The care I received from Dr. Lam and his staff was excellent and far surpassed my expectations. For years I had been told by doctors that nothing could be done about my botched lips. For anyone else who is suffering with the indignity of walking around with duck or fishlips, I highly recommend contacting Dr. Lam. He gave me my smile and dignity back and for that I will forever be thankful.

|  A-Team  |  show details
May 16th, 2011

I would Recommend Dr. Lam to anyone. He is kind, caring, smart, conservative, artistic and he has a wonderful team who are friendly and also share a lot of knowledge. Dr. Lam always knows and what will look best even if that means telling people no sometimes when they have unrealistic goals.

May 16th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Lam's for six years ? I visit whenever I am in the country to have some botox and filler (for face). I love his work ? very conservative and sensitive in the sense that he does not do anything extreme ? an emphasis on soft natural look. As a person, Dr. Lam is very warm ? wonderful humour ? great staff (and nice mom!)Linda K., Canada

Apr 25th, 2011

I can't over-recommend Dr. Lam's hair restoration procedure. As a female uncomfortable with my thinning coverage, I saw Dr. Lam after trying all sorts of products that did nothing. I was worried surgery would look ?grafty?, but I was desperate. My worries were for naught. Dr. Lam works hair by hair. The results are so natural no one has any idea things have been moved around. The procedure was easily tolerated, the staff is great. Most important, I have a full head of hair. If you have any question whether you might benefit from hair restoration, see Dr. Lam ASAP. Susan in Dallas

|  Excelent Otoplasty Results  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2011

I went to Dr. Lam after several years of research and review. From what I heard of Dr. Lam's reputation, I was very interested in going in for a consultaion. After my consulation I had to wait several months before I could take time off to make to trip to Dallas for my procedure. There was no obligation or presure from him or his staff. They wanted to do the procedure only when I was ready. As far as the procedure; I could not be happier. He did exactly as he described! He also quoted me the exact dollar amount that I paid. Even after the procedure I had some concern and he took great care to ensure that I was well taken care of and that the procedure came out exactly as it should. As far as all the negative reviews are concerned, all I can say is that my experience with Dr. Lam and his staff was nothing short of perfection. I absolutely advise anyone looking into otoplasty to give Dr. Lam a call!

|  easy to talk to  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2011

I am soon to be 70 yrs. old, but I have always taken excellent care of my skin, it's one of those things women a certain age understand and were taught from earliest age. Dr. Lam made me feel so good because he could see I had dedicated habits to take care of the only skin I've got. I myself am a retired physician, so I know how things work. I wanted only the best in a doctor, one who is genuinely involved with and caring his patients. Dr. Lam is the gold-standard among these young docs today. He is learned, but he is also a gentlemen raised right by a good mother. I like him most because we can have a laugh, share conversation, and he take ample time to explain various options for improving my old, if well-maintained, visage. I love this young man and I believe he loves all his patients, too. I don't look 40, but I DO look like a very smart version of my own age maybe five years younger. Best of all, I look happy, and that's as beautiful as anything.Thanks Dr. Lam, and I love your blogs, btw.

|  Bad Doctor  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2010

He convinces you to get the procedure and tells you a reasonable price. Then another person comes in and gives you a quate much higher

|  Simply RUDE  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2010

Based on all the videos and info available on Dr.Lam's website, I decided to go for a consultation for a facial mole removal. When I first met him, he did not introduce himself or even say hello... His exact words 'You get on this side.' That was off putting but I thought 'as long as he's good' I suppose I can put up with his attitude. When we discussed the procedure, Dr. Lam insisted I had to get botox. I was not expecting this so brought up my concerns, which he dismissed. I left the office stunned that he was so incredibly rude and the large price tag he quoted ($3500). I went to another reputable doctor and had the procedure done (sans botox) for less than $300 because this doctor filed under my health insurance plan. So glad I went for a 2nd opinion- was definitely the right decision for me.

|  Open Letter by Dr. Sam Lam  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2010

Open Letter by Dr. Sam LamThank you for reading this post. It has come to my attention that a person claiming to be my patient and to whom I am not familiar has been posting malicious comments about me and my practice on multiple review websites in attempt to discredit my business.I would like to assure my current as well as my prospective patients that this individual has never ever approached me regarding his or her situation. If any of these claims are real, I sincerely encourage him or her to contact me. I have performed hundreds of fat transfers and have not encountered these untoward events. I really believe I have one of the safest, if not the safest, track record with this procedure, as I perform it almost every other day and have done so for many years. Also, I have found that the period of time this individual states undergoing the procedure with me and the location this individual claims he or she traveled from to see me do not match my records. I performed no procedures of the kind on any patient coming from the region of the US during the claimed period of time; therefore, I honestly believe that these claims are false. The other reason that I believe that these posts are fabricated is that I have hired a professional to track the source of these posts and they originate from areas of the country and the world from which I have never had any patients. In my navet, I had a hard time believing that a competitor would be so malevolent and conniving to posts these comments, but that idea has been completely shattered by a recent turn of events. On my Facebook account, I had a woman with a very legitimate-appearing profile start to solicit my patients about my work privately after numerous friend requests she made. It turned out that she was working for a competitor and was trying to woo my patients away from my practice, as she subsequently started to ask every patient to become a fan for my competitors practice.My commitment is to continue excellent patient care despite this form of Internet bullying. I appreciate all my faithful patients who have continued to support my business, and I look forward to new relationships with many of you who come to me from around the world for my services.Much love and respect, Sam Lam

|  Good experience  |  show details
by Teresa on Jul 24th, 2010

I went to this doctor after someone in my gym group recommended him for botox. I really liked my results because I did not have a frozen face like I'd had from other injectors. He did a great job and I'd recommend him. Also, a shout out to the ladies in his office who were kind enough to share their mint Milanos with my husband.

|  Work on Carol Lam  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2010

If you want to see what can happen with fat grafting that made him famous, you need to see his mom in person who also works there as an office staff. Carol Lam is supposedly one of the best he has ever done, but she looks like she is 300lbs and an Japanese sumo wrestler or you could say that she looks like an Asian version of Roseanne Arnold. Ladies, it is not worth it to bloat out your skin just to get rid of a few wrinkles most people like us men can't even see!!!

|  BAD HAIR TRANSPLANTS  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2010

This guy has great websites but he is not half as skilled and competent as he says he is. You won't get adequate growth but only end up with a horribly inflamed scalp and itchiness with this guy. Not to mention it looks terrible aesthetically (just look at this guys massive pumpkin head and you'll see what I'm talking about). If he lowered his prices I could have forgiven him but his prices are just outrageous. I should have just just south of the border to Mexico and I probably would have gotten somewhat better results for a fraction of his prices. His assistant Emina isn't much help either....someone step in and train these incompetent people already!

|  Dr. Samuel Lam is a disgrace to the medical profession  |  show details
by RealHousewivesFan on Apr 27th, 2010

Dr. Lam is a terrible doctor, I went to see him for dermal fillers and the outcome turned out completely different from what he said on his message boards and video. My face is lumpy with uneveniness and just a complete mess, and he didnt even wash his hands before touching me when I saw him! For an artist, he has no sense of symmetry and beauty. His staff are nice caring Southern belles, this would be a good practice if they only switched to a doctor who had better surgical training and knows how to properly operate a needle and a scalpel. He could afford to be nicer because he is ill-mannered and he is one of the cockiest men I have ever met in my life. He is like an arrogant television personality without the good looks or the skills of an experienced surgeon. I have nothing good to say about this arrogant person besides his staff.

|  Dr. Lam's Rhinoplasty = Breathing Problems  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2010

I got my nose done from Dr. Lam. What I liked the best about him was his friendly and caring staff. Dr. Lam is not rude but not friendly either but I don't care as long as the doctor does his job. I won't recommend him for nose surgery because he is very conservative, my nose looks the SAME except I now have breathing problems and have to use a nasal spray all the time. Also, he is very friendly and responds to all emails ASAP before surgery but not after the surgery. So I won't recommend him.

|  More training required  |  show details
by PatientofDrSamuelLamofLamFacialPlastics on Dec 29th, 2009

Wow, what an ego! He can talk about how great of a surgeon he is on the web, but beyond closed doors he is unskilled and could use a LOT more training to do hair tranplants. For hair transplants, see someone else unless you want a painful scalp and years of treatment by a dermatologist!

|  Before seeing this man, read this...  |  show details
by Patient2009 on Dec 16th, 2009

Go talk to Dr. Lam and ask him what he does with patients who have negative experiences. If those comments are on his sites, he takes them off right away. If they are on other sites, he asks the administrators of those other sites to remove them. There is more. Ask him if there are any methods he employs to ensure their ...silence.

|  This man MUTILATED my face  |  show details
by Mutilated face by Dr. Samuel Lam on Dec 4th, 2009

He has turned my once beautiful face and turned me into a weird looking person. I've watched all his videos and I was naive enough to think he actually kept his promises. Hes lied and kept none. I encourage evernyone to watch out for his website, it is carefully monitored and filtered so it only shows his strengths. He may spend a lot of time with you in front of hte computer, but don't expect that in the srugery room but careless work that looks atrocious.

|  Think Twice before going to Lam Facial Plastics  |  show details
by John on Jun 8th, 2009

I've permanently lost nervous sensation in different parts of the face thanks to this doctor. I don't know if he severed a nerve or what??? His technique is very bad and there is tremendous side effects that he forgot to mention or just didn't know. "I'm an aritst" is his favourite phrase. Don't make me laugh, I've mentioned his plans to other doctors and they thought his strategies were quite unusual and some laughable. I repeat, he has one of the worst artistic tastes in this business. I've gotten far better results from others and their prices are not comparable to his. Since I signed papers that frees him of all liabilities if things go wrong before I let him did to this me, I'm completely screwed right now and stuck with medical bills. Don't EVER let him touch you, he is a liar and a horrendous surgeon with a huge ego. Dr. Samuel Lam needs to be investigated by the Texas Medical Board.

|  Great resurfacing  |  show details
May 24th, 2009

I just had resurfacing with this doctor. Awesome results and my skin looks better than it has in years. Brown spots gone, fine lines gone. Very pleased with everything. My mom is going to him for same.

May 12th, 2009

PATIENTS BEWARE!!! Dr. Samuel Lam is a phenomenal publicist and is not entirely honest. I could not emphasize this more, he is a phenomenal publicist and is extremely convincing by mouth, but don't trust a thing he says. He is dishonest, he misrepresents his practice, he covers up his faults, exaggerates his strengths. He uses the internet to promote himself through dishonesty, and HE PRACTICES INTERNET CENSORSHIP. He is intentionally not giving you the whole story. Don't let yourself get hurt by Dr. Lam, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Do your homework please. If a doctor makes himself sound too good to be true, he is and thats just ego talking, not talent. NEVER EVER FOREGET THAT IF A SURGEON SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, MOST OF THE TIME HE IS. WALK AWAY!!!!

|  He's the p.s. you should choose.  |  show details
by Hubschbinich on Oct 13th, 2008

Dr. Lam is a God-send. He is a good man with amazing talent, eye, skill. He can help you, whatever your objective. Note: The address (Floyd) you provide is incorrect/outdated. He is off the N.Dallas tollway-on Chapel Hill Blvd. Please double check address.