A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Samuel Mahaffey:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Samuel Mahaffey is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Samuel Mahaffey, MD is board certified in Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- DiGeorge Syndrome
- Lung Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Mahaffey graduated from West Virginia University, Morgantown.
Dr. Mahaffey has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp
- Sentara Obici Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Samuel Mahaffey MD is a male Surgeon, has 32 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care.
- Where does Dr. Samuel Mahaffey practice?
- Dr. Samuel Mahaffey has 4 office locations.
Dr. Samuel Mahaffey practices Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care near Newport News, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Virginia Beach, VA and Norfolk, VA.
See Newport News Surgeons and Newport News Pediatric Surgeons.