$1800 annual fee show details $1800 annual fee
Mar 29th, 2016

No one tells you that he is a considered as an "Concierge Medicine Practice" where you have to pay an annual fee of $1800 to see him after two free visits. He was very upfront with me about this but in all the reviews I've read no one mentioned it. I would have liked an advance notice if it was possible.

by Jon E. Sanchez on Mar 28th, 2016

Dr. Mayeda is a God Sent I believe he saved my life thru is expertise and incredible personal comment to his patients.

Outstanding doctor !!! show details Outstanding doctor !!!
Sep 14th, 2014

Dr. Mayeda is an outstanding physician. He is the most thorough, and most patient doctor I've ever seen. Then it was necessary for me to move to another state -- where I tried several endocrinologists. None of the new ones held a candle to Dr. Mayeda. Now, I travel to Southern California for appointments with Dr. Mayeda -- he's is that good!.

Samuel Mayeda, M.D. show details Samuel Mayeda, M.D.
by Gale Schuler, R.N., Ph.D.(psychologist) on May 11th, 2014

Dr. Mayeda has been my endocrinologist/internist for nearly 20 years. He is one of the most professional and knowledgeable physicians in his field in Orange County. He never leaves a stone unturned when it comes to diagnostics and follow through. He is an excellent collaborator with patients dealing with chronic and complex issues. He can also be counted on to educate the patient thoroughly. I recommend him without reservation. Dr. Schuler

I would highly recommend this doctor! show details I would highly recommend this doctor!
by Margaret on Apr 5th, 2014

In the 33 years I have been a patient of Dr. Mayeda's I have always felt he has taken the time to listen to my concerns and problems. I have never felt rushed in his office, even when I knew he had a full waiting room. Handling type 1 diabetes is complex and requires a team effort. I need a doctor who works with me, advising, fine tuning, thinking out of the box at times, not judging and one who keeps up with current practices and treatment. Dr. Mayeda has been this for me. I respect him as a physician and would highly recommend him for anyone looking for a partner in their treatment.

Told me I have acromegaly, when I've had numerous tests confirming I don't... show details Told me I have acromegaly, when I've had numerous tests confirming I don't...
Nov 10th, 2013

I am a 21 year old male, diagnosed with a pituitary microadenoma. I saw Dr. Mayeda to get a second opinion on whether or not I actually have a pituitary microadenoma. After making me wait a total of an hour and a half to see another patient, leaving several times in the middle of our appointment, and looking over my lab tests (including IGF-1 and Glucose Tolerance Test which had all come back completely normal), he basically tells me I have acromegaly- a disorder where you have an adenoma/tumor producing growth hormone, elevating IGF-1 levels beyond the normal reference range, because I have high cheekbones and quote "squishy ankles". Mind you my IGF-1 has always come back normal dating back to 2009(never even borderline normal), including the most recent time, which was 242 ng/mL (normal reference range for 21 year old male: 83-456 ng/mL), AND I passed the Glucose Tolerance test (the most accurate test which tells you if you have acromegaly or not) TWICE, which means 100 % I do not have acromegaly. He literally told me my face might "continue" to grow abnormally with an IGF-1 of 242 ng/mL. To those who aren't familiar with IGF-1 levels, that statement is MENTAL. In order for someone’s face to grow abnormally, their IGF-1 would have to at least look suspicious by being borderline normal, and mine isn't even close to being borderline. To me that statement is an insult. And to add more insult to injury, he tells me "I can't treat you"(as if I need to be treated LOL), and basically told me to wait until my face gets ruined and then come back to him. Whatever happened to PREVENTING things from happening? And that's IF I had this disease. And if I was stupid and uneducated to listen to this guy, you would think I would at least have some hope in getting the adenoma removed surgically,( cause according to him I'm at risk of having my face grow abnormally), right?! Well he tells me: "They would refuse you, because your adenoma is too small". Wow. This was just about the worst experience I've ever had with any doctor. While he may not be the worst doctor out there, there FAR better doctors than him.

Definite Referral for Dr Samuel Mayeda!!! show details Definite Referral for Dr Samuel Mayeda!!!
Aug 9th, 2012

Dr. Samuel Mayeda, F.A.C.E, M.D., has given me a new lease on life. After seeing 5 doctors over 3 years for symptoms that plagued me, Dr., Mayeda was able to actually find a cure, and did so within one week of seeing him.I thought that most 49 year old females felt bad at this age, with symptoms I had been suffering from, but he proved that theory wrong! I should not feel that way, and over the past 4 months, Dr. Mayeda has made sure I was balanced and feeling much better than one of my old "best days".With his comprehensive consultation, the insight for the correct laboratory work that was needed to diagnose why I had the symptoms, and his general expertise with the endocrine system, I had my diagnosis!As his former patient due to my thyroid disease, I returned to Dr. Mayeda to help find out what was wrong with me. I was unable to afford to pay cash out of pocket, and he was no longer a provider with my insurance. He ordered the proper tests, from bloodwork, scans, x-rays, etc., to verify what he already had suspected. (His referrals were top notch, as the radiologist was able to note that I had an enlarged Parathyroid Gland that showed up. Since my calcium levels became high, he referred me to a great surgeon, due to the need for parathyroid surgery).Dr. Mayeda has been handling my followup, with his main concern in making me feel good! It's been soooo long since I've felt good - alert, brighter, etc., and his main focus is to make sure my chemicals are balanced.Dr. Mayeda is very thorough, and he makes sure that I understand exactly what is going on, and what the next treatment or therapy is. He is available to talk to me on the telephone in most cases, on the same day. He also maintains copius notes, so we can refer back easily.If it were not for Dr. Mayeda, I would still be suffering from hyperparathyroidism for many more months, as I had under the care of another Endocrinologist, prior to returning as a patient. Dr. Mayeda makes other Endocrinologists less preferred, as they do not take the time as he does, to thoroughly review the paient's case and get them on the road to recovery.I am so glad to be able to see him for regular medical care, as he is now my primary physician. I am spoiled, because he cares, and will go above and beyond other doctors to make sure of my health and well-being.Due to family history, my mother, daughter and son are all being seen by Dr. Mayeda. Myself included, we look to him to help us through the symptoms passed down through the generations.As mentioned, I am very spoiled with Dr. Mayeda as my family physician, as well as my Endocrinologist, and recommend him to everyone that has a health issue. He is the best!

State Farm Insurance agent, Frank Ishida show details State Farm Insurance agent, Frank Ishida
Jun 20th, 2011

Dr. Sam Mayeda has been my primary doctor since 2004. I have found him to be extremely knowledgable in his field, very dedicated and caring. My lab reports from when I first started with him, to the last one this year, are amazing to me. The "numbers" that should be lower went down and the ones that should have been higher have gone up, all much more than I would have expected. Seeing him every 3 or 4 months, he will "tweek" my medication occationally. The only things we weren't able to improve on were the genes I recieved from my parents. I have and will continue to highly recommend him.

Jun 19th, 2011

The most caring and excellent endocrinologist I've ever met!

Apr 8th, 2011

Have known Dr. Mayeda about 25years -first as he cared for my husband, then myself, and later my adult daughter. For knowledge and compassion and professionalism, he excels in all. Spends a great amount of time explaining clearly all pertaining to their medical conditions, lab/test, etc. Phones or emails as needed as follow-up on such. Provides a "print-out" of office visit listing symptoms, findings, medications, test/lab results, which I find extremely useful. Also, lists any additional tests, medication changes, and date to return. All of this is most helpful to me and is also for my patient file. Office is well run and staff very professional, polite and quick to follow thru on any patient requests (in their realm), that is needed. Office wait time is minimal to none for a scheduled appointment. I highly recommend Dr. Mayeda and believe that he would be an excellent choice for a physician.

Dr. Mayeda is an outstanding physician specialist show details Dr. Mayeda is an outstanding physician specialist
by Grant Hieshima, MD on Sep 8th, 2010

Dr. Mayeda is thorough caring and knowledgeable. He has provided excellent care for me on an outpatient and inpatient basis for the past 12 years. I am a retired physician specialist with 20 years in academic medicine and feel fortunate to have him as my endocrinologist. I would give him my highest recommendation and deepest gratitude for the medical care that he has given me for all these years. He also has an excellent staff.

Aug 27th, 2010

Early office hours of 7am! Blood draws in office ! Dr.Mayeda takes the time to listen to all concerns. 5 stars!

Jun 11th, 2010

Intelligent, caring, physician. He listens to what you have to say and takes it seriously.

by Henry Damigella on Mar 6th, 2010

The gold standard in endocrinology. Dr. Mayeda is responsive and detail-oriented.He is patent-centered, caring, intelligent, professional,communicative and genuine

Documents and Time show details Documents and Time
by L. Snyder on Feb 24th, 2010

Dr. Mayeda, HE is as good as it gets. He has spent hours listening to me and documenting everything I have said and everything he does. He is Great. Any Doctor that takes such great notes and can go back to them for reference is Number One in my book. I have gone to Doctors in the past for years and they always had to start from scratch every time I would visit. The other doctors would have me wait for at least 45 min. just to see them. I challenge anyone to find a more knowledgeable, caring and reporting doctor.

Apr 26th, 2009

Concentrated on his PC while he questioned me. Did not look at me.

Gold Standard show details Gold Standard
by Henry Damigella on Feb 9th, 2009

More than a physician...a real blessing!Best of the best!