A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Samuel Pierce is Good. Dr. Pierce has been reviewed by 2 patients who have provided 2 comments. The rating is 2.5 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Samuel Pierce, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Pierce graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.More Education & Awards
Dr. Pierce has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Northeast Baptist Hospital
- Nix Health Care System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Pierce accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Community First Health Plans - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 24 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Samuel Pierce:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Samuel J. Pierce practice?
Dr. Samuel Pierce practices Ophthalmology near San Antonio, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Universal City, TX.
See San Antonio Ophthalmologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Sam Pierce, Dr. Sammie Pierce, Dr. Sammy Pierce