Dr. Samuel Potolicchio MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 28th, 2017
Dr Potolicchio's Brain
One of the best in the world.

April 26th, 2017
Excellent authority
I have been "seeing" neurologists for decades to try and control seizure activity. Dr. Potolicchio has been one of the best I've come across. He has an unusually kind bedside manner and responded to me when I needed information (e.g., opinions, access to records).

September 12th, 2015
He spend much time with u as u need. He is very patient which is very important to me. I highly recomend him hes really good. I haven't had a seizure since I've seen him. I feel like he's the best Neurologist u can see

April 22nd, 2015
Love him
I've had a lifelong seizure disorder, which stops responding to medication about every 10 years. Dr. Potolicchio was recommended to me the first time this occurred, in my early 20s. He has coordinated with multiple specialists both inside and outside of the GW system during my treatment over the last 15ish years, including with my maternal-fetal specialist during my high risk pregnancy. He is a straight shooter, but will listen to patient concerns. As someone who has to take anticonvulsants the rest of her life, I especially appreciate his philosophy that seizure control AND minimal side effects are the best possible outcome. I cannot recommend him more highly.

February 10th, 2015
He's the best of the best, caring, professional & clearly knows neurology. After almost 20 years I couldn't imagine another dr. Even coming close to Dr.P. In my eyes he's truly the greatest! He's busy so don't take that as impersonal he does care.

January 12th, 2015
Saved my life!

April 22nd, 2014
Am I Missing Something?
I've repeatedly heard how wonderful Dr. Potolicchio is, but in my experience, he was rude and condescending and his medical advice contradicted reputable research/studies. I feel as though I must have missed something...

April 21st, 2014
Dr. Potolicchio was, as two recent posts mentioned, very rude and disrespectful, as was his staff. He couldn't care less about a mistake he and his staff made and refused to admit to them, I believe, in order to cover himself from lawsuit. When he did this, he put his patient's well being at risk. He does not give patients the time or respect they deserve. Perhaps he is involving himself in too many things? He also only goes to Sibley on Mondays and refuses to call patients back any other day, no matter the urgency. Not a doctor I would ever want to work with in the future.

June 26th, 2013
Exceptional
I've seen a lot of doctors for a complex set of health complications. Some were total idiots; most were pretty good. Dr. Potolicchio is an outstanding practitioner. He's straightforward, addressing all of the current issues, yet goes beyond those to consider other possibilities, whether through a carefully considered diagnosis or treatment. He eliminated 95% of a tremor I had that another doctor essentially wrote off. I'm thankful I was referred to him -- I wouldn't have found him otherwise. Also, I was very late to my first appointment due to travel difficulties, and he managed to fit me in the schedule in less than an hour.

October 8th, 2012
Outstanding
Dr Potolicchio is the best neurologist I've had in 45 years, I've been his patient for the last 8 years. He's thorough, caring and able to explain things well. He's go out of his way several times to contact my wife to get more detail than I can give him about events and conditions. I can't recommend a better doctor.

August 22nd, 2012
Catherine C. Kemp
Dr. Potolicchio was my Neurologist at GW 12 Years after my DoD Civilian Traumatic Brain Injury Occurred. I required a Left Temporal Lobectomy to Re-control my DoD Civilian Traumatic Brain Injury and in Day 4 of Recovery he confirmed that my DoD Traumatic Brain Injury of 12 Years Prior was 100% Cause of My Epilepsy. Wow - this Diagnosis Says "IT ALL" about Dr. Potolicchio, who is Medically Rated a Top DR. in the US Today - The Best "Dr." and Neurologist I've Ever had !! And still My Neurologist today, 14.8 years following my Brain Surgery at GW that DID Re-Control my DoD Injury Acquired Epileptic Disorder.

June 2nd, 2012
An Expert Authority
First, I was sent to see Dr. Potolicchio in 1990 after seeing 14 different doctors in South Florida, without a resulting diagnosis nor relief. I had finally, when having a 3rd sleep study, encountered a neurologist who admitted that the study indicated a problem, but he could not make a diagnosis. He sent me to Dr. P, who walked into the examining room with the study tracings, greeted me with a smile and said "I'm going to show you your problem and get you fixed up". Three hours later, I was on a plane back to Florida with a diagnosis and prescriptions in hand. Three days later, my suffering ended and my problem was well on it's way to resolution. I came accross a wonderful neurologist in Florida who continued my treatment locallySecond, I moved to the DC area at the beginning of 2011 and planned to eventually return to Dr. Potolicchio. Then, something happened over the summer of 2011 causing severe sleep disturbance and suffering. I had, several years back, developed Narcolepsy in addition to my original problem. I saw Dr. Potolicchio, who after just a few moments, remembered me. After completing new sleep studies, Dr. P met with me astounded as the studies showed that I had developed all 4 primary sleep disorders despite the science saying it was not possible. Even Dr. P, who is a worldwide, top rated expert and highly respected pioneer in sleep disorders, admitted he had not seen this before. He confidently advised me that we would "chip away" one problem at a time and significant improvement would be achieved.It is now 4 months since the diagnosis was reached and Dr. P has provided significant control and relief in 2 of the 4 problems with some improvement in the other 2. Dr. P is a deep thinker and ignores nothing, especially his patient's overall state of health and state of mind. It's how a great doctor achieves results!