inactive

Samuel Saltzberg MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.3

March 21st, 2016
Dumb it down for me please
I never went to medical school and I get easily confused when my doctors start using medical terms. I wish Dr. Saltzberg can explain things by using lay people's language. Sometimes he sounds little too paternalistic too.

November 13th, 2015
Dr. Saltzberg is a kidney specialist. He is a thoughtful, brilliant doctor. I have come prepared with questions at every visit for years and he has answered them all. I feel I have a thinking doctor with whom I can participate in making decisions about my care.

September 3rd, 2013
Awful! Should not be practicing or teaching!
He was the attending in hospital at RUSH treating me and didn't introduce himself by name, lacked bedside manners, does not like to explain procedures or protocols that affect the patients. Orders procedures without telling the patient what is to occur. Does not relate to the patient any comfort level or understanding of their medical conditions. Orders dialysis treatments without adequate staff to support the and does not update the patients on tests. Tells patient it will be one hour before dialysis and then ends up waiting 12 hours one day and 8 hours the next for actual dialysis treatment. Never smiles and avoids contact with patients. He's in the wrong line of work!