Dr. Samuel Steinmetz MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Dallas, TX

3.8

June 24th, 2016
Do not recommend!
No, I would not recommend this doctor. As a first time patient with past history of troubled skin issues, this doctor did not examine me properly, instead without hesitation and no consultation with me zapped me mercifully with liquid nitrogen wherever he saw fit. Most regrettably, he zapped a healthy mole which I cherished being a family trademark - all my siblings have it. It's gone now. My wonderful, regular dermatologist had to finish the damage this doctor started, and had to cut it off.

April 14th, 2016
Dr. Steinmetz and his office staff are great! I highly recommend him.

October 5th, 2015
Stay clear if you are a Medicare patient
Dr. Steinmetz's practice is crooked: Before making an appointment, I asked his staff if he was Medicare approved and accepted Medicare patients, and they assured me he did. On arrival, they took all my Medicare and Supplemental information. After the appointment, however, they demanded payment and said they would file the claim with Medicare, which would reimburse me in full within two weeks. They said this constitutes "accepting Medicare patients." It turned out, however, that Dr. Steinmetz overcharged by 30%, for which Medicare's coding was "No Patient Liability." When I brought this to the attention of his manager and staff, they denied that anyone had told me he accepts Medicare patients and refused to reimburse me. This has been reported to the Health & Human Services Office of the Inspector General, which handles Medicare abuse and fraud.

July 15th, 2014
I have known Dr. Steinmetz for almost 20 years, and in all that time, he has always been kind, concerned and most importantly, hits the nail on the head immediately! When I see him, the very next day I have results. I once had poison ivy and did not know what it looked like---scratched like all get out. With a shot, cream and pills I was on the road to recovery immediately! Go see him! He's great and I would recommend him to ANYONE!

September 30th, 2011
Not at all impressed~
We went to Steinmetz after hearing he was the best. Wish he would've spent half of his energy and time BELIEVING us as opposed to NOT believing us and labeling us as delusional after going to see him for what we thought were mites. Turns out, we were finally diagnosed properly with demodex folliculorum, which is indeed a mite that everybody has, but when you have a low-immune system, they can take over! He would not even take the time to look at our hair or face. The symptoms we told him about and the results that we had after applying the meds he gave us should have been a very clear indication of what it was. The internist was appalled that it wasn't diagnosed properly. We spent a small fortune trying to get to the bottom of this problem that took over our lives with total chaos for six months! We knew we weren't delusional and now are getting some relief. I have no idea how long it will take my daughter to be rid of them as she is infested to a huge degree, but is finally getting relief. In addition, he was not at all friendly!

March 22nd, 2011
Don't let him rush off
Very knowledgeable but seems to be in a hurry. Ask questions and make him talk to you.

February 12th, 2010
awesome doctor
He was extremely knowledgeable, caring and very interested in my well-being. I would send any of my friends and family to see him. He is the best!