Dr. Samuel Szomstein Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Samuel Szomstein?

January 31st, 2015

He went in to my up coming Bariatric Surgery.

February 12th, 2013

Professionalism to the max.

My experience with Dr. Szomstein was phenominal. I am thrilled I found this doctor. His professionalism, bed side manner, caring attitude, knowledge and positive energy is without a doubt amazing and my entire peri-operative experience was extremely easy. He put so many fears of mine to rest and stayed nearby while I was in recovery for 4 hours. He spoke to my husband several times during this time and he was truly impressed of his concern and care his patients were recieving. I could not have asked for a better doctor and I traveled 120 miles to see him and I would not hesitate to continue seeing him as my regular GI doctor for the remainder of my life. As a nurse myself, I am aware of the the care that is given to patients and I cannot say enough good thing about Dr. Szmstein, his staff, and all the staff who cared for me at Cleveland Clinic. Thank you for giving me another chance at a happy and healthy lifestyle. God bless you all!

August 29th, 2012

Worst Doctor EVER

After my lap band slipped he told me it was fine to leave it in deflated, I left it that way and still experienced problems, but was always told 'it's fine' - eventually I had to have emergency surgery. Dr. Szomstein never came to even see me while I was in the hospital for 5 days, he did the surgery and afterward told my family I should have never had it in the first place- the opposite of the glowing letter he wrote to my physician saying what a great candidate I was for the procedure! What a lie!

February 16th, 2012

My First Surgery and he was FANTASTIC!

I'm a 38 year old woman and this was my first surgery. After being told that I needed my gallbladder removed I did a lot of research on surgeons and I'm so happy that I chose Dr. Szomstein at the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Szomstein, his nurses and his team were all fantastic. I was a nervous wreck and they made the whole process smooth. He took the time to explain to me what would transpire and that really put me at ease. The nurses were just as great. If I needed anything they were right there. I'm so glad I chose Dr. Szomstein and The Cleveland Clinic. The hospital was high tech, clean and best of all it didn't smell like a hospital. I would totally recommend Dr. Szomstein and his team!

June 3rd, 2010

He was caring not only to me but also very informative to my family before and after my surgery. He accepted questions via email, I was able to reach him personally when I had questions. His team of nurses, medical assistants, anesthesiologists, and overall staff were great! He gave me a new life and I will forever be greatful :)

December 1st, 2016