Dr. Samuel Taylor MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

September 17th, 2014
very poor experience
Dr. Taylor Performed Survey On Years ago. During my post op followup I told him I was still having pain and bleeding. His nurse practitioner checked me and noted a problem. She asked Dr. Taylor to check . When he did he was very rough and painfil. I expressed that the exam was painful and he brushed it off as if I should have expected that. I have a fairly high pain tolerance and rarely complain so I was not happy with his care at all. I new something was not right as did the practioner. The surgery for my problem was totally unsuccessful. I have had pain and bleeding every since the surgery. I am not having to see an Ob/Gyn plastic surgeon fix the damage he did wh ich is costing a lot of money plus time from work. I would never recommend Dr Taylor to any female concerned about gyn isses. I would give him no more than one star!

December 4th, 2013
Delivered three of ours
Dr Taylor was my dr until we had to move and delivered my first three children. I preferred a female doc, but the nearest one taking my ins was very far away. My DH has a medical related job and said many dr's wives and other medical women he knew trusted and used him. I was nervous initially, but his manner put me at ease immediately. He has a humble, quiet, professional demeanor, yet is friendly, humorous and competent. I have LOVED all the midwives he's had, though it has been seven years ago so I'm not sure if they are still there. The rest of his staff were wonderful, too. Ms Eddie Mae would check my vitals, etc before taking me to a room and always had me laughing! Susan, in the lab, was also one of the sweetest women I have ever met! It was easy to see him even if I was meeting with a midwife and wanted to talk to him. He also had an awesome "magic chair" designed to strengthen the pelvic muscles while i I just sat (using electric or magnetic pulses - I cannot remember how)... it really worked to help me after the six week postpartum checkup. I was disappointed in receiving staples to close my c-section incisions, but he may be doing a different, smoother looking type by now. It was easy to obtain appointments that fit my schedule, but the wait times were long once I checked in and I did feel I had to wait a looong time with a full bladder for the ultrasound from which the baby's gender is discovered.

March 30th, 2012
Dr. Taylor seems nonchalant. He performed a circumcision on our newborn son. A large amount of foreskin was left after the procedure. The follow up needed by the pediatrician has been painful for our son. Apparently the nonchalant attitude is not only a bedside manner, it shows in his work.

February 22nd, 2012
Avoid this doctor!
Dr. Taylor recently performing a surgery on my mother at South Georgia Medical Center. It was a complete nightmare! During the operation he inadvertently damaged her bladder and bowels and had to bring in a urologist to perform emergency surgery to repair his mistakes. Afterwards he repeatedly lied to my family trying to cover up for himself and after much arguing and speaking with the urologist he finally started to come clean about his blatant mistakes. You would think at this point he would be professional enough to admit his mistakes and go the extra mile to comfort my mother and ease her pain but instead he has been extremely rude and callous about the whole thing, even going so far as to deny her the pain medication that she needed. Ultimately this was over-ruled by the urologist who obviously knows more than this man. Avoid this doctor at all costs! He is an absolutely SHAME to the medical profession and SGMC.

February 7th, 2011
Never again
i waited over 2 hours today in the office and spent less 5 min with the doctor. Both the doctors make you feel like your stupid and unwelcomed in the office. They both need a lesson in bedside manner because they really make me feel like an inconvience to them. I would not send my worst enemy to these doctors and i will never put my life or my unborn childs life in their hands. DO NOT GO HERE!!!!

October 28th, 2010
Great Doctor!
I have been trying to get pregnant and this doctor was able to give me hope where others hav'nt.

July 3rd, 2010
wrong profession
unfortunately,my expreience with dr taylor was horrible!!..you( dr.taylor) are not only losing your staff but your patients as well.i will be sure to it that none of my friends are seen at your office. not only is your staff very un-friendly and moody-so are you! your views of pregnant women are disgusting and you have chosen an inappropriate career if you make comments such as "if you would have kept your legs closed"..etc, wow.ive had so many females come to me with complaints about you and your staff--one girl almost lost her baby due to the unprofessional advice of one of your employees.i would not recommend you to deliver a calf.. please take a break or find a different profession to pursue for the sake of all that is sane in this world.

June 21st, 2009
Horrible
The wait time was over an hour usually! The receptionist for check in was rude every visit. The nurse and technicians were super nice and personalble. I saw the doctor once. After taking the birth defect blood test I had a result of less than 1% higher chance of Downs than I did based on just age alone. The doctor's daughter called my house and said ... the results showed that my baby HAD downs. I visited a specialist and just looking at the numbers he assured me that I was at risk based on age alone, age 36, and after the test I was only slightly higher risk ... NOT confirmed Downs. He did ultrasounds and tried to give me peace ... I did transfer from this doctor and I did have a beautiful and completely healthy baby boy. And I am pregnant again ... I would never even consider visiting this office again ... sometimes you have to do what is best for your children. The office should cut the wait-time, fire the receptionist, and NEVER tell a patient that their baby has Downs based on an in accurate test that is designed to test for "risk of defect" not a test confirming an actual defect!

July 28th, 2008
Great Doctor
I have been seeing Dr. Taylor for about 7 years now- I had never been to a male doctor before so I was a little leery at first. My fears were unfounded, and he is the best Dr. I have ever had. His staff is courteous and professional, especially Annette. I miss Teresa though....