A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Samuel Thampi:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Samuel Thampi is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Samuel Thampi, MD is board certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Pain Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Education & Awards
Dr. Thampi graduated from Kansas City University of Medicine.
Dr. Thampi has 13 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Thampi accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Samuel D. Thampi practice?
Dr. Samuel Thampi practices Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Pain Medicine, and Pain Medicine near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Huntington Station, NY and Patchogue, NY.
See Brooklyn Physiatrists and Brooklyn Pain Management Doctors.