Surgical Specialist
Video profile
401 Young Ave
Suite 320
Moorestown, NJ 08057
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

|  Not a positive experience  |  show details
by prettynurselady@aol.com on May 26th, 2009

Dr. Wasser is not very friendly to start but I was refferred to him so I figured if he's good then maybe I can overlook his arrogance. Each appointment I was scheduled I was left waiting in the waiting room for over 45 minutes and on one occaission I waited more than 90 minutes because he was running late. Then I was taken to an exam room and told to put on a gown and he'd be in shortly. Well shortly turned into an additional 45 minutes sitting in this cold room in a gown. He was unappologetic. The staff was not very knowledgable and quite frankly a little unprofessional. They were not friendly when you walk in the office no one great you pleasantly. I felt like I was disturbing them. My surgery had to be postphoned because the coordinator forgot to schedule me for a preop visit. There were no support groups. I was given a sheet of paper with a website for online support group through yahoo. The day of surgery the Dr. was not very knowledgable about my medical history and he tried to push me to get a different surgery after we already discussed and decided on lapband. Also I do not receive blood or blood product and when I insisted on signing something to make sure everyone was aware of this the doctor seem to be annoyed. I was very upset when the doctor gave me a piece of paper about having my case be apart of a study and when I asked if I could opt out of this he said no. He told me I had to be apart of the study if I wanted him to do the surgery. This obviously was not true when I saw at the bottom of the paper that participation was optional. Not ethical behavior at all. Needless to say I cancelled my proceedure a few minutes before surgery because I just didn't feel comfortable having someone cut me who was very unprofessional and unethical.