Dr. Samy Farid MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Lancaster, CA

2.6

February 24th, 2016
screw this guy....
Completely disregarded how I felt at my appt. He w as rude and inconsiderate. UltimatEly refused to see me even tho I'm a high risk pregnancy....

February 12th, 2014
I have gone to this practice for the entirety of my first pregnancy and too much of my current one. For my first pregnancy, the only thing that kept me there was the doctors, though I would've switched if I had known I could find somewhere better. The staff is unfriendly, does not communicate, and often comes off as incompetent. The doctor that kept me there last time has since left the practice, and the three new ones have failed to impress me in the slightest. I've been told a few times that they had no record of me being a patient there, even after having a baby delivered by their doctors, the most recent being "justified" by them claiming they had me under the wrong birthdate. I was wrongly diagnosed with placenta previa based on notes from an ultrasound tech without the doctor ever confirming with a radiologist or reviewing pictures himself. After going to a specialist who said I was fine, they claimed it must have just cleared up in two weeks. When I talked to another doctor about my unsatisfactory experiences with the previous one, she just defended him and implied that she knows I'm frustrated, but he's a great doctor. After signing a medical release in person, and canceling my future appointments, I transferred to a new doctor. They have called me three times, as well as being called by my new doctor (whom they told I was never a patient there before finally finding my file) and told that I had transferred. As of two weeks after that, they had yet to do anything with my papers and called me today, still not aware that I had transferred. Sadly, this is far from all the frustrating and unacceptable events that have happened, but long story short, please avoid this practice at all costs.

July 3rd, 2013
THE WORSE OBGYN PLACE IN THE AV
All of the Doctors there do not care about you. They never answer your questions. The women that work there have ugly attitudes and hate their job. One of the Doctors there have been sued before in Santa Monica, you guess can google that. They are horrible and have no respect. I went there because I was pregnant and I regret it I will never ever go back. I tried leaving towards my last trimester and I wasn't aloud.. They are very unprofessional. FIND SOMEONE ELSE! Anybody will be better!

May 7th, 2013
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES
I had many horrible experiences with this place(staff) and Dr Farid. Just find someone else who you can trust. Find a different Doctor. He is rude and unprofessional. You will be sorry if you end up dealing with this staff and Dr Farid.

March 4th, 2013
Aloof
Wouldn't treat a patient because he didn't want to be liable for the last doctor before knowing if things were normal or not, which they are. That's compassion for you.

February 1st, 2013
they are nice and friendly
I think there is a lot if people over reacting in their reviews, purple thinks they are going to supermarket they will get what they want and check out !!!! This is the biggest obgyn clinic at the antelope valley with more than 4 doctors working there so its pretty busy, if they weren't one of the best out there they wouldn't have been that busy,I liked the staff they are all friendly and I loved Dr loydd, please for the people had good experience like me post positive reviews because this is unfair :)

September 19th, 2012
If you are calling for an appointment and the line is busy it is because the staff puts calls on hold for up to 30 min to stop the phone from ringing. This is the worst, most rediculous doctor's office I have ever seen.

February 22nd, 2012
Jerk, but Good Doctor
He's a jerk but he knows what he's talking about. His entire staff (besides Dr. Llyod) is rude, uncaring and slow. The wait time is up to 3 hours at times. I DO NOT recommend him.

October 21st, 2011
LOL
Sorry I would tell you the many horrible experiences I've had with this place but I'm limited to how much I can type. Just find someone else trust me. You will be sorry if you end up dealing with this staff. If I could score lower I would.

September 13th, 2011
OMG
find a different Doctor. Staff is rude and you will be on hold for over 20 mins before anyone will even talk to you. When they say they will call you back that means you will be calling them for days in a row. Then you're the bad guy because you're calling them.

August 4th, 2011
Horrible doctor - Seek another doctor

February 2nd, 2011
Office staff is horrible
I saw Dr. Farid during my pregnancy with my second child. My first office visit I waited for 45 minutes in the crowded waiting room to be called into an exam room. I understand Doctors get behind schedule (I've worked in Doctor's offices for 7+ years) but what really annoyed me is not one of the girls on his staff let me know what was going on. I would have appreciated them at least letting me know what was going on. I sat there for 45 mins and no one said anything, not a peep. They finally called back to an exam room and I ended up sitting in there for another 45 mins. It made me late to work and still no one bothered to say anything to me. I had to get up and walk out into the hall with a paper gown on to make sure they didn't forget about me. After all that the Nurse practitioner finally came in to see which made me even more upset because I thought my appointment was with the Doctor. I can understand having to wait with for the Doctor but having to wait an hour and a half just to see the NP is absolutely ridiculous. I would not go back to his office for anything. It's a shame too because the Doctor himself is a pretty good guy but his staff is the worst I've encountered in the AV.