Surgical Specialist, Colorectal Surgeon (colon & rectum)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
Mar 31st, 2015

He is worth every minute waiting!! The best dr ever!!! He cares about his patience so wait for him he's worth it, HES THE BEST IN HIS FIELD...

by Ruthie Parker on Feb 20th, 2015

Dr. Kumar is absolutely amazing. I'm very happy with the services I received. I was very nervous and he handled it patience and care

EXCELLENT DOCTOR, SUPERIOR SURGEON, WONDERFUL MAN show details EXCELLENT DOCTOR, SUPERIOR SURGEON, WONDERFUL MAN
Jan 28th, 2015

IF HE IS LATE HE IS SAVING A LIFE, COULD BE YOU; SAVED MINE, THANKS

by Warren Linden on Jan 11th, 2015

Dr. Kumar is an outstanding physician in every way.

Oct 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar works too hard and always takes care of all my needs as well as my spouse. Thank you Dr. Kumar and your nurses and administrative staff are all on top of their game.

Oct 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar and his staff at the Saint Anthony facility are excellent. The only concern I have is the long wait to see the doctor. He is never on time for any appointment I have ever had. Patients usually have to wait over an hour before he even arrives.

Oct 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar is the best!!! I have been a patient of his since Sept 1999.

Oct 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar is worth the wait!

Oct 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I absolutely love Dr. Kumar. He has a great personality and really listens to me. I would totally refer my friends and family to go see him.

Sep 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I find Dr. Kumar to be professional, knowledgeable and caring. You do have to wait a long time to see him but it is my choice to do so because I feel he is the best.

Sep 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar is worth the wait. He takes his time to make sure your needs are met and questions answered. I would highly recommend him!

Sep 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Our appt was for 8:45-called in at 10:30. Left office at midnight, but we know we're in the best hands ever. Excellent doctor.

Sep 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar is a gentleman, a caring professional and a person who is certainly dedicated to the betterment of mankind. He is one of the finest gentlemen that I have ever known.

Sep 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Best Dr ever. Nurses and receptionist made every visit comforting. Felt like I knew them all my life. Excellent office to walk in!

Sep 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Kumar took me into his private office and discussed my medical situation. I have never had that happen with any other doctor in my life. I would definitely recommend dr. Kumar to my friends and family.

Aug 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar is a great doctor. He takes the time with you and is very thorough. Sometimes the wait is a little long but I think it's because he takes the time with each of his patients so it is well worth the wait!

Aug 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent care. Highly recommended.

Aug 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar is a wonderful doctor and I have recommended him to all my friends. I trust him with my life.

Aug 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Doctor Kumar was good in communicating the new health laws and his plan of action once all information from was sent to him from me and other providers. He spent the time to make sure I understood and was satisfied. He is a doctor I would recomend.

Aug 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sanath Kumar is one of the best doctors I have ever had in my life. At 66 years of age this is quite a declaration. He is caring and confident. His professionalism and compassion put me at ease immediately. I recommend him highly.

Jul 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I think Dr. Kumar is an excellent doctor and I would recommend him to anyone.

Jul 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Doctor Kumar is one of the best doctors I have ever seen. His concern for my issues and his compassion have no limits. He is a Godsend and I am lucky to have him as my doctor.

Jul 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great bedside manner very straight forward alot humility for a dcotor

Jul 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He is a great doctor, but runs behind schedule frequently. The trade off though is that he spends quality time with each patient.

Jul 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar has always been one of the finest clinitians by whom I've been treated. But he is seldom on time with his appointments. He is AWAYS VERY late.

Jul 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The entire staff at Dr. Kumar's was amazing. They were friendly and considerate. And Dr. Kumar himself was extremely professional and friendly and was willing to take the time to listen to me and gave me great feedback. Thank you Team Kumar!

Jun 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar is the best, May God Bless Him!

Jun 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I cannot get into my health records on my e-mail, even though I entered the pin number sent from doctor, that was sent to me on my home phone.

Jun 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar and his entire staff were all outstanding. The explanation provided by Dr. Kumar regarding my visit was exceptionally clear and very well understood. He is an exceptional physician who obviously has his patients best interest at first hand.

Jun 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very good Dr. Nursing staff was amazing and very helpful, and insightful. Made my visit comfortable and easy going

Jun 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar is an exceptional physician, knowledgeable, expert in his specialty. His bedside manner is beyond professional and considerate - - - he remembers his patients and often asks about other family members as well. He is the best.

Jun 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar is a wonderful doctor. He has performed two surgeries and another one to come on me. He is very truthful when explaining the procedure and what it involves. He checks everything out to make sure the surgery is necessary before performing it.

Jun 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar is an excellent doctor. His bedside manner is gentle, caring and informative. He is the best on all counts.

May 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

i have been seeing dr. kumar for many years. he is an excellent doctor and a skilled surgeon. he is very compassionate and caring. it would be hard to find a better doctor!

May 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar is great.. answered all question and gave explanations that we could understand. He tells like it is..

May 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Could not be more pleased with the Dr. Kumar as well as his staff.

May 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

This my first appointment with Dr. Kumar and I would refer him to anyone. Having a problem like this, was very embarrassing, but Dr. put my mind at ease. He saw I was in a lot of pain and he scheduled me for surgery immediately. Thanks Doc.

Apr 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Found the doctor to be very open to communicating about my issue, as well as other issues I am dealing with.

Apr 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

love Dr. Kumar! He is personable, answers questions and concerns, has a calm demeanor. Overall, trust him implicitly.

Apr 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I've been a patient for almost almost 30 yrs. , my family members also see Dr. Kumar

Apr 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar is a great doctor and surgeon and I have a lot of faith in him. I am very relaxed knowing he is performing my surgeries.

Mar 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very respectful

Mar 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sanath Kumar is an excellent physician and surgeon.

Mar 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I've said it before and I will say it again. Without a doubt, the best doctor out there!

Mar 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

This was my 2nd surgery done by dr kumar ,iam very satified with both outcomes .

Mar 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Kumar is skilled and I have gone to him for years. The waiting time is unconscionable due, I think, to overbooking and his too busy schedule. This wait time must be cut down because it punishes patients and cuts down on the qualaity of care given.

Mar 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent, caring and informative.

Mar 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I cannot say enough about this wonderful Physician. The waiting time is long but worth it. I was a reason he was late when I got my colon resection for colon cancer. He is honestly a physician that is compasionate and caring. I would HIGHLY recommend him!

Mar 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Although waiting times to see Dr. Kumar during office hours may be longer than one's accustomed to, the wait is always well worth the time. The doctor is detained at the hospital due to long surgeries. Dr. Kumar is an extremely good surgeon & friendly.

Mar 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

professional well educated along with a caring attitude is a winner in my book thanks again Dr. for being there late nights to accommodate us when we need you :-)

Mar 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Love Doctor Kumar and his staff. He spends time with his patients and he cares. He came very highly recomended to me by two family members! I trust him completely!

Mar 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Friendly Doctor and staff, answered all questions and explained all options

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Most compassionate doctor and staff ever. show details Most compassionate doctor and staff ever.
by Janet on Feb 21st, 2014

I was one of those people who had a bad experience years ago with doctors so avoided them at all costs. Dr. Kumar has changed my opinion and is the most caring, compassionate doctor I ever met. His staff is unbelievable too. I feel blessed that I have found a doctor and staff that make me feel at ease,and that they truly care about me as a patient. In the world we live in it's a rarity. I am telling all my friends if they have any "issues" or need a colonoscopy to please call Dr. Kumar. I really can't praise him or his staff enough. Blessings to all of them.

Feb 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I did have to wait quite a while but he was the nicest doctor I have ever visited. He seems to be very thorough and had a lovely staff. Everyone was very kind. I would highly recommend Dr Kumar.

Feb 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The wait time seems long, but they fit me in to a very booked office time.

Feb 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

As always, Dr. Kumar and his staff provide outstanding medical care. They exhibit the highest professional standards with a unique blend of compassion and humor. I and my family have had the fortune of being his patient for over 10 years.

Jan 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar was very nice and took the time to explain things. His office waiting room is a little cramped so when you get stuck waiting for a long time it is uncomfortable.

Jan 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very nice man. Very professional. A good listener. Thorough in his examination and I feel confident and comfortable with him as my doctor.

Jan 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar is a not only a great doctor but a great humanitarian. His entire focus is helping heal people....and he gives God the credit. I cannot say enough good things about him.

Jan 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very well on point and gets what needs done done

Jan 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

friendly doctor and staff :)

Jan 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very good doctor. Knows his stuff!

Jan 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Kumar provided an excellent response to my medical concern. He conducted a thorough examination and explained clearly his diagnosis. His manner displays that he is concerned about the welfare of the patient. The Office Staff was friendly and helpfu

Jan 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I usually don't write reviews for doctors, especially such a sensitive area. :) I would highly recommend Dr. Kumar to anyone who has doubts about seeing a specialist. He really is great and I will tell my friends to call him If they have concerns.

Jan 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

he is the best

Jan 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent physician!

Jan 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The best doctor I gave ever seen my whole life. Explains the patient everything.

Jan 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Your the BEST, Thank you so much for helping me for all these years, Glenn Peters

Life Saver show details Life Saver
by Mike F. on May 15th, 2013

I had a routine colonoscopy in April 2011 by Dr. Kumar. He found a cancerous tumor on my rectum, and with his assistance, got me in immediate contact with a radiation doctor and an oncologist. After their treatment, Dr. Kumar performed successful surgery on me in July 2011 and removed the tumor, and I have been cancer free ever since. The surgery was major, and he made the process as gentle as possible. His kindness and concern during the entire process was very comforting. He went out of his way to assit me in all aspects of the treatment and his office staff was equally kind and helpful. He deserves a superhero label of "Never fear, Kumar is here!" Thank You Doctor

Goes Above and Beyond!!! show details Goes Above and Beyond!!!
Mar 11th, 2011

I cannot express enough the love and respect I have for this man. He not only is in my opinion the BEST surgeon he is one of the most wonderful people I have ever met in my life. I commented on the wait time is excellent even though we have waited a very long time. We have been to his office at 11:00 pm and I would wait as long as it take for this wonderful caring Dr. My husband was a reason Dr Kumar was 4 hour late for his office appointments. He did a colonrecection for stage 3 colon cancer and he ran into some kind of problem. He took whatever time to make sure he did the best job possible for my husband. Dr Kumar treats each patient like they are his only patient. I wish everyone who has the diagnosis of cancer, has the honor of having a man like Dr Kumar tell them. The way he told us was exceptional. I can't explain it in words. He is the most caring, considerate, insightfull man I have ever met. I trust this man with my life. He also saved my Father's life 20 years ago from diverticulitis. If anyone has any questions about this man, please call me. This man made the Worst day of our lives somehow be one of the best days. Things like this happen for a reason and I believe our path with Dr Kumar has made me a better person no matter what the future holds for my husband. It's been a year and Dr Kumar just did his colonoscopy today and all is good! I thank God for Dr Kumar! Carol Pickrum 708-288-1849 3/11/11

could not diagnois the problem show details could not diagnois the problem
Jan 12th, 2011

he could not diagnois the problem. another doctor got to the problem in only one visit and took care of it.kumar wasted alot of my time and money on unessasry test and procedures and still did not know what was wrong.everytime i had an appointment i had to wait in the waiting room for hours!!!!!

Top Rate Surgeon! show details Top Rate Surgeon!
by Vicky Ross on Jan 24th, 2009

Dr. Kumar was called in at the last minute to take out my gallbladder. He was called at 11am by a mutual friend and by 3:30PM he was giving me a consult and at 5:30pm he had me in surgery taking out my gallbladder. If waiting time in his office is a little longer, I now have first hand understanding as to why. Dr. Kumar cares to take his time with each patient and is an excellent surgeon. Fast is not always better. He's worth the office visit wait.

THE DOCTOR IS LATE show details THE DOCTOR IS LATE
Nov 20th, 2008

AFTER 4 VISITS, ALL WITH PRESCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS, THE AVERAGE WAIT TIME WAS ABOUT 2.5 HOURS, THE LAST BEING 3 HOURS AND COUNTING, AT WHICH TIME I LEFT WITHOUT BEING TREATED. I KNOW ALL SUCCESSFUL DOCTORS ARE BUSY AND I KNOW TO EXPECT DELAYS, BUT THIS DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT PROCESS IS THE WORST I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED.