Surgeons
Landmark Professional Building
9445 W 144th Pl
Orland Park, IL 60462
708-460-8081
Locations and availability (7)

|  Most compassionate doctor and staff ever.  |  show details
by Janet on Feb 21st, 2014

I was one of those people who had a bad experience years ago with doctors so avoided them at all costs. Dr. Kumar has changed my opinion and is the most caring, compassionate doctor I ever met. His staff is unbelievable too. I feel blessed that I have found a doctor and staff that make me feel at ease,and that they truly care about me as a patient. In the world we live in it's a rarity. I am telling all my friends if they have any "issues" or need a colonoscopy to please call Dr. Kumar. I really can't praise him or his staff enough. Blessings to all of them.

|  Life Saver  |  show details
by Mike F. on May 15th, 2013

I had a routine colonoscopy in April 2011 by Dr. Kumar. He found a cancerous tumor on my rectum, and with his assistance, got me in immediate contact with a radiation doctor and an oncologist. After their treatment, Dr. Kumar performed successful surgery on me in July 2011 and removed the tumor, and I have been cancer free ever since. The surgery was major, and he made the process as gentle as possible. His kindness and concern during the entire process was very comforting. He went out of his way to assit me in all aspects of the treatment and his office staff was equally kind and helpful. He deserves a superhero label of "Never fear, Kumar is here!" Thank You Doctor

|  Goes Above and Beyond!!!  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2011

I cannot express enough the love and respect I have for this man. He not only is in my opinion the BEST surgeon he is one of the most wonderful people I have ever met in my life. I commented on the wait time is excellent even though we have waited a very long time. We have been to his office at 11:00 pm and I would wait as long as it take for this wonderful caring Dr. My husband was a reason Dr Kumar was 4 hour late for his office appointments. He did a colonrecection for stage 3 colon cancer and he ran into some kind of problem. He took whatever time to make sure he did the best job possible for my husband. Dr Kumar treats each patient like they are his only patient. I wish everyone who has the diagnosis of cancer, has the honor of having a man like Dr Kumar tell them. The way he told us was exceptional. I can't explain it in words. He is the most caring, considerate, insightfull man I have ever met. I trust this man with my life. He also saved my Father's life 20 years ago from diverticulitis. If anyone has any questions about this man, please call me. This man made the Worst day of our lives somehow be one of the best days. Things like this happen for a reason and I believe our path with Dr Kumar has made me a better person no matter what the future holds for my husband. It's been a year and Dr Kumar just did his colonoscopy today and all is good! I thank God for Dr Kumar! Carol Pickrum 708-288-1849 3/11/11

|  could not diagnois the problem  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2011

he could not diagnois the problem. another doctor got to the problem in only one visit and took care of it.kumar wasted alot of my time and money on unessasry test and procedures and still did not know what was wrong.everytime i had an appointment i had to wait in the waiting room for hours!!!!!

|  Top Rate Surgeon!  |  show details
by Vicky Ross on Jan 24th, 2009

Dr. Kumar was called in at the last minute to take out my gallbladder. He was called at 11am by a mutual friend and by 3:30PM he was giving me a consult and at 5:30pm he had me in surgery taking out my gallbladder. If waiting time in his office is a little longer, I now have first hand understanding as to why. Dr. Kumar cares to take his time with each patient and is an excellent surgeon. Fast is not always better. He's worth the office visit wait.

|  THE DOCTOR IS LATE  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2008

AFTER 4 VISITS, ALL WITH PRESCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS, THE AVERAGE WAIT TIME WAS ABOUT 2.5 HOURS, THE LAST BEING 3 HOURS AND COUNTING, AT WHICH TIME I LEFT WITHOUT BEING TREATED. I KNOW ALL SUCCESSFUL DOCTORS ARE BUSY AND I KNOW TO EXPECT DELAYS, BUT THIS DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT PROCESS IS THE WORST I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED.