inactive

Sandeep B Sharma MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7
  • 7 reviews

June 9th, 2015
The BEST doctor does not work for UPMC or Highmark
This is by far the best experience I have had with a doctor for a procedure. My wife and I are always surprised that Dr. Sharma is not part of a hospital. That may be why the care he and his staff provide is so good. Everyone is pleasant and happy to be working there. Dr. Sharma is always courteous and explains everything even though we have been to see him more than a few times now. The turkey sandwiches are the best in town too.

January 14th, 2015
The Best
The Doc and the nurses were very good. They are the best in the business.

May 21st, 2014
Not going to a hospital again. Outpatient is BEST!
Having my procedure performed as an outpatient at the Vascular Center was tons better than having it done at the hospital. Another patient scared me when he told me about the experience he had having his catheter removed at the hospital. I was very nervous to have the procedure performed. The staff at the center put me at ease. Dr. Sharma assured me he was there to help me and not torture me. He was right. My catheter was removed with minimal discomfort. Nothing like what the other patient had told me. DON'T GO TO A HOSPITAL!! Tell you docotr to have the procedure performed at Dr. Sharma's office.

April 9th, 2014
I had a great experience with Dr. Sharma whom I have been seeing for the last 3 years. He has prolonged the use of my fistula. I have nothing but positive things to say.

January 24th, 2014
My Best Interest
I was referred to the access center to see Dr. Sharma for problems with my fistula. The ride to the center was adequate and I liked it because I don't know the area at all being from outside Pittsburgh. We arrived early for my appointment, My wife rode along with me. The waiting room was not filled with patients waiting and it was clean. After about 20 minutes from checking in I was taken back to meet the doc. The changing room was clean and so was the gown I was told to put on. The nurse gave me a blanket as it was on the cold side. Dr. Sharma came over to speak to me after a few minutes. He introduced himself and sat down next to me. He explained to me why my fistula may not be working. He explained it like it was a plumbing problem which made sense to me and my wife. When I went back to the operating area, the nurses made me feel very comfortable as they prepared me for the operation. I do not remember much after that because of the medicine they gave me. I am ok with that. Dr. Sharma told me afterwards that I needed to go back to see my surgeon to really fix my fistula. He gave me the names of Pittsburgh surgeons to see if I did not want to go back to see the surgeon who made my fistula in the begining. I did go back to my surgeon who did fix my fistula and it is now working. I appreciated Dr. Sharma's help when no one else was able to give me any answers about why my fisutla would not work. He was honest and seemed to genuinely care.

October 7th, 2013
I came to have a dialysis catheter changed. The original catheter had been placed while i was in the hospital and never worked properly. It was also very painful to turn my head. Dr. Sharma explained to me how a catheter works and why he thought mine was not working properly. It was bent like a straw. I don't remember much about the procedure that he did but afterward my neck pain was gone and my catheter has been working well. I had a good experience.

August 4th, 2013
Great experience
I went to Dr. Sharma to have my fistula worked on. I had it for 6 months and no one could use it. My other docs told me to keep exercising with a ball. Dr. Sharma said I had a blocked vein and he fixed it with a balloon. They were able to start using my fistula after a couple weeks and I then had my catheter removed. I can take a shower again!! I had a good experience. Doc and the other staff were pretty nice and I got to eat a turkey sandwich after my exam.

March 2nd, 2011
After 3 visits
I have seen Dr. Sharma three times now for evaluation of my fistula. I have had ballooning done each time and my fistula has been working wonderfully. I enjoy the staff and am getting to know them well. I love seeing the same people each time. i will not go to the hospital again.

August 23rd, 2010
This was my first time to Dr. Sharma's office. There was one patient ahead of me to be seen. I was actually an hour early for my appointment as the transportation company picked me up early. Even though I waited longer than I had expected, I was done with my procedure by the time my actual appointment was scheduled. The staff is very nice and warm.

July 8th, 2010
Wonderful atomosphere
My father lives almost two hours away from Dr. Sharma's office and he would not go anywhere else for care of his fistula. The office staff if very friendly and caring. The doctor is warm and very easy to speak with. Sometimes the wait is longer than expected but that is only because Dr. Sharma takes his time with each patient. Talking with the other families in the waiting room, they all have the same opinion. I hope this helps.

January 26th, 2010
First time visit
My dialysis unit asked me to go to this office rather than my local hospital. I was very nervous as was my husband who accompanied me. My appointment was for 10Am and I arrived before 9:30. I was speaking with Dr. Sharma by 9:45. The staff was very courteous and friendly. Dr. Sharma explained the procedure in great detail and made me comfortable. The procedure involved "ballooning" and I was very comfortable. I remember having very little discomfort. I will not be going back to my hospital for a similar procedure anytime soon. I hope others reading this have a similar experience.

October 7th, 2009
Transportation and Minimal Waiting
The office arranged for my transportation as I had no other means of travel. Once I arrived, I only had to wait for a few minutes before I was taken back by the nurse and spoke with Dr. Sharma. He explained the procedure in great detail and made me very comfortable. He did ballooning on my arm that was uncomfortable but not painful at all!! I have been to the center several times and look forward to the turkey sandwich after the procedure. Thank you to the staff for helping me.