Dr. Sandhya Menon Is this you?

5 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Sandhya Menon?

Officer in Distress

Posted on October 21st, 2017

If you are a firefighter,police officer or corrections officer this Doctor is possibly for you. First and foremost I have used Dr. Menon for a few years. I was having a routine follow up on my exam when Dr. Menon was going over test results that needed to be addressed. Dr. Menon noticed I actually was not showing to much interest. Dr. Menon was smart enough to know I was not telling everything she needed to know. She then struck up conversation trying to find out my lifes events for the last 2 month's. When I opened up told of some personal mishaps that happened to me on the job 1 a Injury the other that happened at home that was job related. After leaving her office I went home not in the best of thoughts with a lot of anger issues from this. While at home eating dinner I received a call from Dr. Menon and I was asked would it be possible come by the office to marrow which I agreed. When I arrived Dr. Menon with her top notch bedside manner and evidently is a good listen Informed me that she thought due to my job as a first responder that I might be having some issues mentally and felt it was either PTSD and or Stress and Anxiety . And could she set up a appointment with a Psychologist . At first I did not want to talk with anybody at these issues and felt weak doing so. Dr. Menon understood and that all this was confidential and she was not workman comp and she was on my side and due to rapid weight loss and attitude it looked to her like I was on my way to self destruction. She was explaining to me that people in my line of work are not addressing this issue which will create bigger problems down the line its just not a military problem. I would like to thank Dr. Menon and her staff for going out her way to get me everything I need medically and mentally to the road to recovery. It is nice to know there is medical and mental professionals that care about fireman and police officers.

Posted on January 12th, 2017