Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
by Charlie on Dec 4th, 2014

came to Dr Shelton office,in September,and I'm very pleased,the office personnel is very efficient and attentive. Always return my calls. I couldn't be happier,becoming Drs Shelton's patient,best decision I ever made.

|  Horrible Customer service from staff  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2013

I waited 60 days for an appointment but getting thru to someone to make that appointment was unbelievably difficult . On some days the staff simply doesn't answer the phone during office hours. On several different occasions I called repeatedly throughout the day with no answer at all and once someone did answer they answered and immediately put me on hold or they spoke so fast that I couldn't understand 1 word that they said before placing me on hold This even happened more than once and even happened the day prior to my appointment when I inquired about cancellations. If this Dr. REALLY cares about her practice she should call her own office anonymously sometimes and see what happens. I will not be returning to this Dr. and wouldn't recommend her at all.

|  Nightmare After Visiting Her  |  show details
Dec 2nd, 2012

The girls are EXTREMELY rude, abusive and hostile. Monica is confrontational, so as Teresa. The office mgr Lisa even worse coercing with my lab technicians to slender me, and slammed her phone to disconnect my calls. They refused to follow up with my blood tests, or to provide a copy of my lab report for my review, and then told me to find another doctor. I depended on my lab test to treat the crucial health issues, but they cared less about my health. I would not keep such irresponsible and substandard doctor anyway; but I did not realize they are toxic to my health. The doctor approved the hostile girls to bully her patients. I strongly not recommend this place to anyone!

|  Poor Patient Care  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2011

I am a fairly new patient to your office. My name is Sheryle Mendez. My first visit being in April 2011. On 9/29/2011, I came into your office, as I continually am having problems getting refills on medications. I was told that I needed to be seen and have blood drawn. After waiting almost 2 1/2 hours, I was seen by Dr. Shelton, however, no blood test were necessary. She was attentative, however, 10 days after my appointment I began to experience increased pain as I am postop x 6 cervical fusion with hardware implementation (two plates and 8 screws). When I called the office I informed the staff of this and requested that a pain medication be called into my pharmacy. For the next 9 days I have continued to call, and I have continued to be told someone would talk to you and call me back. To date, I have not received a call back, not even to say that the doctor needs to see you. I have been in extreme pain, to the point that I had to seek medical attention from another physician, since your office is obvisouly to busy to even return a call or schedule an appointment. I am very disappointed with your staffs lack of quality for patient care. I would appreciate being contacted by your Office Manager to discuss this issue. I have attempted on several occasions to call your office only to find that the phones have been forwarded to your exchange 20-30 minutes before the close of your business hours. And in fact I have been trying for the last 30 minutes (from 1:00 - 1:35) to contact your office and the lines are still forwarded to the exchange. I hope this is an isolataed practice of your staff and no other patients have been neglected in such a fashion. I await yours or your Office Managers return call. Sincerely, Sheryle Mendez

|  Beware  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2011

More concerned with ability to pay then healt and well being of Patients. Spends as little time with patients as possible. requires a doctors visit to answer simple questions.

May 26th, 2011

Dear Dr. Force,I pray to God that you actually read some of these reviews! I was a patient of yours back in the mid 80s, left in l999 and came back in 2008. Dr. Shelton is my primary and I really like her! But!!! because of the staff and manager I am going to be leaving your practice! In the past 6 mo. I have had nothing but problems! It started with trying to get whoever is suppose to fax your prescription to Primemail to fax it. I waited 4 weeksfor it to be faxed, even after I repeatedly called asking, begging, screaming for them to fax it!!! Then!!! the moron who finally did fax it, managed to fax it with my old address(2 years ago)even though my current and correct address was printed on the fax sheet!!! Consequently all my meds were sent to my old address, and it took close to a month to get my meds!! Other complaints:Office hours 8:30 - 4:30 - If you're lucky maybe they'll start picking up by 9am and they put the machine back on around 4pm! When they do pick up you get passed from one mentally challenged person to the next, and have to constantly repeat everything, and then you're put on hold and usually they forget you or you're disconnected!Your staff is,rude, uncaring, brainless, can NEVER find your file which is probably in one of the many piles strewn around the office with everyone else's file!Important test results being filed in the wrong patient file (when they're lucky enough to even FIND the file!) which could result in physical and mental problems for 2 patients. Aren't you suppose to compare birth dates, ss#, etc. to insure that this doesn't happen???Waiting room has "nutritional crap" out for people to sample! When did you start pushing that stuff??Yearly physical. I called 2 weeks prior to get the blood work orders and was told that they don't do that anymore, that it's done AFTER the physical! Well...that makes perfect sense to me, why have the results of your bloodwork etc. available at the time of your physical so you and the Dr. can discuss anything that might be wrong. Wait until after the appt. so you get to wait again for l l/2 hrs.-2 l/2hrs. in that small, stuffy waiting room and get to pay yet another co-payment! When I did get in to see Dr. Shelton for my physical I asked her whats going on with that, and was informed that I wasn't the only patient misinformed and that what I was told by the office person was wrong. Needless to say you really need to clean house and get personell and a manager who know what the heck they're doing, and actually have a brain and empathy for the poor patient. In this day and age we are all under extreme pressure, some more then others. In past years we knew if for nothing else we could count on our Dr. and staff to help us whether it be physically or mentally! Your office and staff used to be that way, NOT ANYMORE! It's really a shame, because you're a really great Dr. and human being who ALWAYS took whatever time it took to help a patient whatever the reason. I remember a time years ago, not long after I became a patient of yours and our son died. It was after office hours and you were contacted AND you took your personal time and called me and helped me tremendously and for that I thank you!! Things like that are missing in our society what a shame!Thank you for reading this.

|  I won`t be returning  |  show details
by Citysearch User on May 27th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

I had called to make an apppointment for a physical and the front desk lady scheduled me for something else. I`m not sure the girls name but...

|  Looking for a new doctor  |  show details
by Diane on Apr 13th, 2010

The doctors are good but the office staff is the worst and their billing department isn't much better. I am looking for a new doctor and not happy that I have to only due to office staff but I can not deal with these people any more.

|  Office staff is rude and uncaring!  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2010

Dr. Force Obrowski is a really good Dr.! However, her office staff is uncaring, unconcered and RUDE! They tell you to call back for same day appt. and 830am. You call right at 830am the answering service is still on (even at 850am) and/or they have given all appt away. Mind you its 830am and they are all gone?? Oh then they ask what do you need to be seen for? Does it matter I'm sick and need to come in!

|  Terrible  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Feb 3rd, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Terrible, they never have time to see you. If we need an appointment dont expect to get one with in the first two weeks. The office staff ...

by Melly Mel on May 1st, 2009 on yahoo.com

I have been going here for about 10 years now and i am going to look for a new doctors office. Every time i go in here it takes 2 hours to get out of there. Also i can never get in with in a week for and appointment and have resulted to just going to Urgent Care. Dr Leoni and Dr. Sheldon are good Doctors but the way this place is run is horrible!

by Jazzyhugger on Dec 2nd, 2008 on yahoo.com

As a new patient I have been very pleased with thte care and the compassion of the Drs in this office, I have been assigned to Dr. Shelton. They took the time to talk withme, carefully screened the information and treated me with great kindness. Dr. Force-Obrowski spoke to me personally as well. I have received follow-up calls as late as 7 & 8 p.m. when questions regarding the tests have come up. JoAnna in the office has also been helpful.|Complaints so far have been limited to problems involved with getting the orders to the lab in a timely manner and- of course- having so many lab destinations that require additional transportation and time lost.

|  Excellent Woman Doctors  |  show details
by Gina H on Aug 17th, 2008

I've opportunity to see both Dr.Force-Obrowski and Dr.Leoni and both were caring, efficient and spent as much time with me as needed. I liked them so much my entire family are now patients. As well as close friends. They both are dedicated and truly an asset to their field.

Aug 14th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I have used this Dr's office for approximately three years. It is almost impossible to get an appointment within a timely manner. They can't see you for days and never have any same day appointments available. However the Dr.'s are nice and professional.

|  Force Obrowski Sandra K. MD  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 14th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I was happy to find a woman Doctor who was very good when you could get in to see her. However, her staff were unfriendly and would not writ...