Dr. Sandra Hoffmann MD Patient Reviews

• Rheumatology Saint Louis, MO

2.6

April 8th, 2017
DO NOT SEE DR. HOFFMAN!
When I first started seeing Dr. Hoffman, for the most part, everthing seemed fine, however after a few appointments, I started noticing the rudness of the staff, the excessive wait times (30 minutes before the nurse saw me and at least another 30 minutes before Dr. Hoffman saw me. Then the last two appointments, she wanted me to taper down my medicine (at the time taking 5mg prednisone) but she prescribed me to take more than what I was previously taking (7.5mg). I lowered myself down to 2.5mg on my own. When I brought that up to her at the next appt, she didn’t seem to concerned about it. In face she yawned several times during my appt. She then prescribed be to take 5mg, which was what I was originally taking. My last straw was when she said that I would need labs for my next appointment and to go to LabCorp a week before my appointment and they will have the order in their system. I showed up at LabCorp and they did not have any lab orders for me. I am lucky that none of these things cause any issues with my health, but I don’t want to take the chance any longer. I would advise anyone looking into Dr. Sandra Hoffman to steer clear.

September 22nd, 2015
Didn't have my file but got angry because I brought it to her attention ! Horrible, many Ti Times! And her staff is horrible, they never answer phone's.

June 20th, 2015
the staff is extremely unfriendly and unprofessional. The telephone system always experiences issue, and it is extremely difficult to get through to make an appointment or to get questions answered. There is typically a lengthy wait so plan on being there for quite a while. However, once you do finally see Dr. Hoffman or Kimberly Buck they are very knowledgeable and demonstrate compassion towards their patients. I would recommend going seeing them for your medical needs IF you could get past the terrible service from the staff and the telephone issues.

February 3rd, 2015
I have been kept waiting for over 4 hours while waiting for the dr. The staff is very rude when you ask about how much longer the wait will be or many patients are ahead of you. I have chatted with other patients and she does not see anyone in less than an hour on multiple occasions. It's completely ridiculous

May 31st, 2014
Why not make the patient cry too!!
When you go to your doctor's office you hope it would be a safe place where everyone would have your best interest at heart. Well not so much in this office. They seemed to know just how to kick you when you are down. Dr. Hoffmann may have a bad day once in a while but she is a good doctor and will work with you to make sure you get a good diagnosis and give you medication that she thinks might work for you. Just pray that you don't need a pre-authorization because then the horror begins dealing with a few in the office that absolutely do not care if or when you get your medication. You can be crying in pain and the girls truly do not care!!!

June 20th, 2013
Rudest staff I have ever dealt with, its almost unbelievable how you are treated. I am there with a problem and you make me feel like crap? No thanks. I seriously cannot believe this practice stays open.

May 19th, 2013
Great Doctor
Doctor is very knowledgeable and has helped me greatly with my pain from RA. Even though the wait is long, she is well worth it.

May 7th, 2013
If it wasn't for inconvenience of getting hold of someone at their office and feel Dr. Hoffman herself is very knowledgeable and a good doctor. If I could give her office staff no star while rating that is what I would do.

April 4th, 2013
Office not efficient in any way, shape, or form
Dr. Hoffman may be a knowledgeable physician, but her unprofessional staff and ridiculously long wait times have caused me to leave after 18 years. I have put up with it too long. She never apologizes if you have waited. I have waited over two hours or more, gotten off work and driven a long way to sit and sit. I feel her schedule is overbooked and this does not show patients the courtesy they deserve. Also on several occasions I have had to call the office more than once to try and get test results because no one would let me know. It's unreal.

August 17th, 2012
terrible
2.5hr wait lack of concern still never saw doc diverted to see a nurce practicionerno concern for all day wait

July 30th, 2012
courtesous and helpful
my primary care doctor was unable to help me with my fibromyalgia and recommended Dr.Hoffmann. After my primary care physician passed away, Dr. Hoffmann offered to become my primary care doctor and she and her physician assistance, Kimberly Buck are extremely knowledgeable and truly listen to my concerns. I highly recommend her.

June 6th, 2012
I have never had such poor service when it came to waiting for the office to call me and let me know about blood test results which took over two weeks for them to call me with info. Then had a never test and was told by the tester that the doctor would have the results in 3 days. It has been almost 2 weeks and nothing. I will not have another test or make another appointment with Dr. Hoffmann. Have me worrying about my health and what is going on with me. Seems the doctor and office staff don't care.