Dr. Sandra Hurtado MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 3rd, 2017
Great Doctor
I love Dr Hurtado, she is very caring and loving.

October 21st, 2016
Awesome Doctor
I really love my GYN Doctor Sandra Hurtado. I have been seeing her for about 8 years now. She is very caring, attentive to your needs, gives you your options so that one can make the best sound decision. She's a busy doctor because she's very good at what she does and I am usually seen in a timely manner except when she's having to unexpectedly have to deliver a baby. I highly recommend her and have recommended her to even a co-worker.

March 28th, 2016
Great doctor/Needs a better nursing staff
Dr. Hurtado is very detailed and explains every detail during the examination. I love her bedside manner but her nurses do not follow-up or pay attention to details.

July 29th, 2015
Dr. Hurtado is very attentive and patient. I had my first pap smear with her and she walked me through the whole thing.

April 9th, 2015
Excelente Doctora, su trato es muy amable, y brinda mucha confianza para hablar de los problemas ginecologicos que padecemos las mujeres.

March 12th, 2015
Was very nice...Bedside manner very good. Office worker very nice. Very please with service rendered.

July 23rd, 2013
Great doctor, longest wait times ever
I love dr. H she is very knowledgable and caring however, I have never waited for any other doctor as long as I've waited for her. I can almost always count on having to wait 45+ min, 2.5 hours at the longest. I will consider going to another dr purely because I don't have 5 hours to spend in a doctors office

June 12th, 2013
Do not bother with this doctor
I have nothing against dr Hurtado - she is very caring, thorough, and a wonderful obgyn. In fact for this reason Alone I was willng to put up with the horrific wait times. But no more. One time to wait 2 hours to be seen is one thing but EVERY single time and 4 visits later my average wait time has been 2 hours! It's beyond ridiculous and says nothing good for the efficiency of their scheduling. There should be no reason for her to even accept new patients if she can't handle her current load. I'm looking for another doctor in houston. If you are pregnant look elsewhere- cannot imagine spending an entire day sitting on uncomfortable chairs while 6 months pregnant.

September 28th, 2011
My other Two GYN's retired and I loved them but.......
not sure about Dr. H. Waited over an hour to see her and had to ask that I be seen asap as I had to pick kids up at school. She was in a rush and I felt this. Cannot even remember if she did a vaginal exam on me...pap smear yes but not sure about the exam. I feel if one is menopausal...we need to find a doctor who does not deliver babies. My last two GYN's quit delivering. I loved that for me. Never waited more than 15 minutes to be seen by the two that retired, in over 23 years. I am searching for another doctor. I want to be spoiled again. (-:

September 17th, 2011
I checked in as a new patient, walked to the waiting room, and then was completely forgotten. After 30+ minutes of waiting, I asked one of the staff when I would be seen, she said that Dr. Hurtado often runs late with her appts., but she did not ask my name or appt. time. After waiting even longer, I asked another person to check on my appt. time and that's when I was told that I was not checked in properly. Waited one hour in front waiting room, then put into the back room and waited another 15 min. to be seen. Got a weak apology from the dr., but as a new patient, I was very disappointed and will not return. Sorry, but Dr. Hurtado was not worth the wait after all.

April 15th, 2011
Dr. Hurtado deserves more than four stars!
Dr. Hurtado is the most caring doctor I know. I love her nurse Judy too. Even though I have to wait to see her, it is so worth it. The long waiting time is to be expected because of the field she is in. I am just so thankful she is taking new patients. I went to 11 doctors, before she diagnosed me with a rare condition. She is very loving and kind, and I would recommend her to anyone who has any rare issues of any kind. I never feel rushed with her.

April 13th, 2011
Disappointing
The excuse or reason for the long wait that she was delivering a baby. Later her nurses admitted that she books too many appointments per day, and that many times they have to force her to eat lunch. Her heart may well be in the right place, but getting her undivided attention for any period of time was difficult. In my opinion not in tune with hormonal disorders. Great educational credentials, and she speaks fluent Spanish, but what I had expected. Sorry to say.