Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Astrodome
7900 Fannin St
Ste 4000
Houston, TX 77054
713-512-7000
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Judy's Book.
 |  Great doctor, longest wait times ever  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2013

I love dr. H she is very knowledgable and caring however, I have never waited for any other doctor as long as I've waited for her. I can almost always count on having to wait 45 min, 2.5 hours at the longest. I will consider going to another dr purely because I don't have 5 hours to spend in a doctors office

|  Do not bother with this doctor  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2013

I have nothing against dr Hurtado - she is very caring, thorough, and a wonderful obgyn. In fact for this reason Alone I was willng to put up with the horrific wait times. But no more. One time to wait 2 hours to be seen is one thing but EVERY single time and 4 visits later my average wait time has been 2 hours! It's beyond ridiculous and says nothing good for the efficiency of their scheduling. There should be no reason for her to even accept new patients if she can't handle her current load. I'm looking for another doctor in houston. If you are pregnant look elsewhere- cannot imagine spending an entire day sitting on uncomfortable chairs while 6 months pregnant.

|  My other Two GYN's retired and I loved them but.......  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2011

not sure about Dr. H. Waited over an hour to see her and had to ask that I be seen asap as I had to pick kids up at school. She was in a rush and I felt this. Cannot even remember if she did a vaginal exam on me...pap smear yes but not sure about the exam. I feel if one is menopausal...we need to find a doctor who does not deliver babies. My last two GYN's quit delivering. I loved that for me. Never waited more than 15 minutes to be seen by the two that retired, in over 23 years. I am searching for another doctor. I want to be spoiled again. (-:

|  show details
Sep 17th, 2011

I checked in as a new patient, walked to the waiting room, and then was completely forgotten. After 30 minutes of waiting, I asked one of the staff when I would be seen, she said that Dr. Hurtado often runs late with her appts., but she did not ask my name or appt. time. After waiting even longer, I asked another person to check on my appt. time and that's when I was told that I was not checked in properly. Waited one hour in front waiting room, then put into the back room and waited another 15 min. to be seen. Got a weak apology from the dr., but as a new patient, I was very disappointed and will not return. Sorry, but Dr. Hurtado was not worth the wait after all.

|  Dr. Hurtado deserves more than four stars!  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2011

Dr. Hurtado is the most caring doctor I know. I love her nurse Judy too. Even though I have to wait to see her, it is so worth it. The long waiting time is to be expected because of the field she is in. I am just so thankful she is taking new patients. I went to 11 doctors, before she diagnosed me with a rare condition. She is very loving and kind, and I would recommend her to anyone who has any rare issues of any kind. I never feel rushed with her.

|  Disappointing  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2011

The excuse or reason for the long wait that she was delivering a baby. Later her nurses admitted that she books too many appointments per day, and that many times they have to force her to eat lunch. Her heart may well be in the right place, but getting her undivided attention for any period of time was difficult. In my opinion not in tune with hormonal disorders. Great educational credentials, and she speaks fluent Spanish, but what I had expected. Sorry to say.

|  A great doctor  |  show details
by Tamara Carter on Apr 6th, 2011

I can honestly say that Dr. Hurtado has a concern for her patients. I have been a patient for 11 years. I would recommend her. I have the highest respect for her care.

|  Great GYON  |  show details
by Elizabeth Garcia on Jun 10th, 2009

I have never had an issue with Dr. Hurtado, I think she is the best out there. I have recommended her to my family and friends and they do as well because she is good at what she does.

|  Positive, Caring Fertility Specialist  |  show details
by Jennifer A. at Judy`s Book on Feb 2nd, 2006 on judysbook.com

If you`ve been trying unsuccessfully to have a baby for over a year and are considering seeing a specialist, you may want to consider Dr. Valdes, with Fertility Specialists of Houston. She is completely professional while still maintaing a...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com